• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
http://www.premiereline.com.br/2018/12/ccxp-2018-bumblebee-sonic-cemiterio.html?m=1

Courtesy of Tails Channel, Paramount had a film presentation at CCXP in São Paulo, Brazil:

Dtw2oIqUUAAlCpQ

The Sonic movie stars Ben Schwartz as the titular character, Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman and James Marsden as Doug. It's due in theaters on November 8th, 2019.

Last edited:

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Textured and realistic" is going to become a new catchphrase around here, isn't it?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It won't be too far off from the fanmade design then. I liked it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm secretly and slightly looking forward to see want they've been brewing.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My friend, who is a journalist, is there and said 'It looks like the Pikachu one, but bad'.
I still want to see it.

Oct 27, 2017
The trend of nightmarish 3D furry characters will never end.

It's been quite a few years and you'd thought they would have left that look in the early 2000 where it belongs, but no.

2018 and Hollywood still doesn't know how to translate these characters.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This shit sounds so fucking bad that my expectations are below ground level,so probably I would watch it day 1 and find it the best movie ever

Oct 25, 2017
"Textured and realistic" sounds jarring and I doubt it will have the same level of charm as Detective Pikachu to make it work.

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Sonic games don't even break a million copies sold anymore, what chance does a AAA movie have LOL?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pikachu surprised me but you know cute and all that. Sonic will be like a sport mascot made into a living thing and that's nothing but terrifying.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone honestly expect anything different? This movie is basically following the "shitty live action/CGI hybrid adaptation of a cartoon/video game franchise" checklist, and realistic character rendering is on that list.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The description is as expected, hopefully him interacting with the humans won't be something that will bother me throughout the whole film.

Anyways, really curious to see it.

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic games don't even break a million copies sold anymore, what chance does a AAA movie have LOL?
They've made two movies about Bloodrayne. Does anyone remember Bloodrayne?

Sonic movie will do great, kids love Sonic.
When I visited Japan earlier this year I was walking around Roppongi and a couple of kids literally yelled "Sonniku!" at my t-shirt and got super excited. They were little kids, like 7 years old at most, Sonic is still super popular regardless of the quality of the latest games

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
They've made two movies about Bloodrayne. Does anyone remember Bloodrayne?

Sonic movie will do great, kids love Sonic.
When I visited Japan earlier this year I was walking around Roppongi and a couple of kids literally yelled "Sonniku!" at my t-shirt and got super excited. They were little kids, like 7 years old at most, Sonic is still super popular regardless of the quality of the latest games
Sonic has never been popular in Japan, not even during his heyday.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Just to help with a little thing missing from the translation, the realistic part means that the fur in Sonic's face is realistic.

PunishedSoul

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I have my lawn chair unfolded and ready to witness this trainwreck from a safe distance, then go home and play Sonic games while weeping quietly.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
D. Pikachu will probably be good but this one will probably be hilarious. Sign me up for realistic Jean-Ralphio Sonic.