• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Kid me would not have been excited to hear Sonic is "textured"

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
The GOAT

PunishedSoul

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I want all the furries to see this film in the contraption used in A Clockwork Orange so they can see what they helped to create from a family friendly franchise.

I mean, the movie's probably going to be awful, but it's still going to be mass-appeal family-friendly.
It's not like we're going to unexpectedly enter the theater to have 90 minutes of DeviantArt blasted into our faces.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be like pikachu except not understanding why anyone likes sonic at all, and very generic and bad.

Whether it will do well or not monetary wise is another discussion

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want all the furries to see this film in the contraption used in A Clockwork Orange so they can see what they helped to create from a family friendly franchise.

Furries aren't responsible for the Sonic media that brought us to this point. It's Sega and their collaborators that turned the Sonic IP into the sad parody that we've been subjected to over these past couple of decades.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Why didn't they just make a cgi Sonic movie? Why?! Unleashed for example had an awesome opening.

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic has never been popular in Japan, not even during his heyday.
I'm not saying Sonic is more popular in Japan than other territories, only that two kids who were just old enough to had lived through one new Sonic release knew about him and they let me know.

Even if the games don't sell, Sonic is a very, very, VERY recognizable gaming icon.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Let's just hope that they've redesigned Sonic so much to the point that he's practically unrecognisable.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Looking forward to this, it sounds crazy enough to work. Here's hoping it's a fun B-movie like the 90s Super Mario Bros.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they just make a cgi Sonic movie? Why?! Unleashed for example had an awesome opening.

1) Hollywood

2) Sonic team has always had this obsession with sonic and co hanging out with humans and making their lives better and this facilitates this. And brings sonic into " The Real World " . Now you might be like "That tends to not go well " and my response is " When has that stopped sonic team from going ahead with bad ideas "

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to be horrified, lol.

Hoping this movie is good for as many laughs as Dragonball Evolution.

Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be like pikachu except not understanding why anyone likes sonic at all, and very generic and bad.

Whether it will do well or not monetary wise is another discussion

Exactly. I was completely surprised with how tasteful the designs are in Detective P. I don't expect that in the slightest here.

Sep 28, 2018
I don't have much faith in it being good, but then again if someone told me a 'real life pokemon film with CGI pokemon I would've also said the same thing...