• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Is Crash small? I always pictured him the size he was in the old PlayStation ads.

Hard to tell really, cause the only other human is cortex whose a tiny weird simpsons person. BUT Crash does have an older cousin or brother whose tall. IDK.

Film looks like it will probably just be Eh. Carrey looks fun though. Sonic still looks awful

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Carey looks great in the last shot. But I don't get how it seems that Sonic has different sizes in every shot, sometinmes he looks big, sometimes tiny... WTF

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
If Sonic wasn't so damn ugly, this might actually be okay.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Joke on them that was the DC Univere Flash movie script that got canned. They just replace flash with sonic...

Kytes

Oct 25, 2017
That Sonic is absolutely cursed.

This was alright though.
682bbfeecc081b34850dcc092ae1c43e.png

Is this Mushroom Hill or something

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I don´t know man.

It doesn´t look like absolute horrible garbage. Almost though.
I´ll probably see it if i come across it randomly on netflix or whatever.

But i´m not going to make a conscious decision on some day to watch it.

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they improve the CGI between now and release. It is rough.

But it looks like classic Jim Carrey is back for one movie at least so that's great. Dude gives his all regardless of script.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
its like some exec saw Hop, while his kid was playing sonic and thought he had a brilliant idea. kind of like how that other shit storm monster trucks was made

cant be worse than super mario bros though can it?

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Who approved of this? Seriously... who saw that sonic design and said "Yes, this can work"? Holy shit it looks bad.

Jim Carrey looks good at the end, but the rest...

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
So the last shot of the movie has real Dr. Robotnik in Mushroom Hill Zone. How did they get this movie so wrong and understand what a true sonic movie should look like, that's just messed up.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
That Sonic is absolutely cursed.

This was alright though.
682bbfeecc081b34850dcc092ae1c43e.png
I mean, that's pretty fucking good.
Too bad it's almost 99% guaranteed to be the last shot of the movie before it goes to credits.
Or a mid-credits scene.
Or an after-credits scene.

What I am saying is: Don't expect this to happen in the middle of the movie or something and then have Sonic fight this Robotnik.
Looking at his clothes and the glasses, this is clearly after that big battle with all the bots in the trailer where Sonic is so fast it stops time.
Robotnik probably crashes through one of the ring portals and ends up in that giant mushroom land.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Just remember, based on the screening we still have the Robotnik trailer to look forward, or not look forward to. Complete with a breast feeding joke.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This could have gone only two ways: forgettable of complete disaster. And as far as cinematic disasters go this looks kind of amazing in a "how did this get made" kind of way. I mean how could you possibly make that trailer worse? It uses game things in new, stupid ways. It has characters that have no bearing to their VG counterparts. Sonic avoids missiles but gets shot by a dart because consistency! And that awful music choice! I mean tonally, it's the worst possible choice but at the same time...

giphy.gif

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Doesnt look that bad, looks on par with current family friendly CGI movies. I might watch once it hits DVD.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
why Gangsters Paradise? just why? use the music from the games, is it that fucking hard?

movie looks fucking stupid anyway, hope it fails hard

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Sir we need a good ending for JoJo Part 5! How about Gangsters Paradise?"
"No, the hedgehog already grabbed that"

I like Robotnik. The CGI is okayish. Sonic looks ass though.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a time in my life when all I wanted for Christmas was a Genesis and Sonic 2. I would walk several blocks in the snow to the local movie rental place to play it on the kiosk they had there.

I got that Christmas wish fulfilled and I still remember it all to this day.

What has become of you Sonic?

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
Looks bad to me but I bet my 11 year will like it.

For sure. I think kids will like this movie, which I am sure is what they are aiming for audience wise, as they should be. They will get some older folks to go due to nostalgia. This forum is not the target audience to say the least. Seems like that is forgotten sometimes.

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe the trailer is just showing the first 10 minutes of the movie as to not spoil anything?

Also, why isn't Josh Gad voicing Sanic?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
What a godawful trailer, that's even worse than expected. For whom is that? Why was it made? And Gangsta's Paradise? Why?