• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Sonic is absolutely cursed.

This was alright though.
682bbfeecc081b34850dcc092ae1c43e.png
Wait is this in the trailer? Must have missed it, shouldn't he be like that for the whole movie? Way more iconic like that

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks hilariously bad, especially coming off the amazing looking Detective Pikachu. Sonic is soulless and wooden.

Jim Carey looks to be decent though.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised this exists, I'm surprised it exists in 2019.

Was this caught in development hell? Or a time loop? Somehow Sonic escaped this fate for so long, but the adaptation with James Marsden as the co-lead and Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik hits him in 2019.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They should have just made this the Dr. Robotnik movie with absolutely no Sonic in it whatsoever.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
That's the worst looking Sonic I've ever seen. I am going to love the shit out of people just ripping the movie apart.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
This looks absolutely awful, Sonic looks terrible and nothing like he does in the games, why does he have such long legs? It's weird.

And yeah, script looks bland and even Carrey looks like he phoning it in.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers: Robotnik uses Sonic's hair to clone him and make Shadow. Shadow is voiced by Danny DeVito. Shadow is originally kept as a research item but one day, through his cage, he says "Let me outta here, you egghead," (he winks at the camera) and Robotnik responds by giving him his freedom, an open carry license, and the task of killing Sonic.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
That sonic is something, on a better note though, Jim Carrey looks to be awesome, so in a better world, hopefully Robotinik wins.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly looks better than Sonic in Sonic '06. It feels reminiscent of Sonic Boom, which also looks okay.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
giphy.gif

Sonic looks like nightmare fuel. Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik is horribly miscast. I thought he'd at least have a fat suit or something. This entire thing looks like it's going to bomb hard.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

0FsxKTN.png

Not even Jim Carrey can save this in the slightest...

How the hell did no one cancel this?

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If your expectations for a Hollywood Sonic movie isn't the supidest thing you've ever seen, then your expectations are misplaced.

Always like some Jim Carrey though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the leak was so accurate that you now know the trailer
spoils the last scene and sequel hook of the movie

l-o-fucking-l

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just want to thank the human trash liking this on YouTube for ensuring there's more garbage in our future. This plus Detective Pikachu is almost too much for one year.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
it could from the beginning and after he went to the real world, he changed.
i guess sonic also changed because of the real world.

If that's a way to make the Sonic look better then I'll take that as a story premise. And then he gets his normal look (no blue arms or legs, leave Sonic Boom to it's own thing!) back or something. But I doubt it.

Either way, this could look and be a lot worse. Trailer was eh. Not bad. Could be worse. Sonic isn't a looker, but that was known.