• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm ready for some nightmares tonight. Bring it on!

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN Spain published this teaser at 13:00 and deleted it quickly...

atssdyhsd.png

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Nightmare fuel. Having said that, Furries are probably going to have a field day with this. Muscle Sonic costumes/fan art incoming!

Lugnutal

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
2 things...one my childhood memories of Sonic are blemished even more...and this will replace Mario Bros as the worst video game movie adaption of all time

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Y'all remember the overall opinion when that Detective Pikachu trailer was released? Yeah, this is the complete opposite of that.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all remember the overall opinion when that Detective Pikachu trailer was released? Yeah, this is the complete opposite of that.

It's weird. I love the weird, furry look in the Detective Pikachu trailer, but this is just... hard to like. Maybe it'll look better in motion? Probably not, but i can hope

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
The first thing you'll likely notice about the character is that he has fur -- a bit of a no-brainer, considering what he is, but still a markedly different visual depiction of Sonic than what we're used to. "That was always Stage 1 of adapting it to what the real world is and what a real animal would be like," executive producer Tim Miller said of giving Sonic fur. "It would be weird and it would feel like he was running around nude if he was some sort of otter-like thing. It was always, for us, fur, and we never considered anything different. It's part of what integrates him into the real world and makes him a real creature."

Because as you know, hedgehogs are renowned for having their backs completely covered in........ soft fur.

The most challenging part of Sonic's updated design isn't revealed in this teaser: his eyes. The filmmakers struggled with how best to depict Sonic's eyes because often he's only seen with one, and that wouldn't translate well to the live-action movie.

"I don't think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, 'It's going to look weird if we don't do this.' But everything is a discussion, and that's kind of the goal, which is to only change what's necessary and stay true to the rest of it," said Miller. "He's not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don't think that's the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world."

if SEGA said "hold on i think you fucked up sonic too much even for us" then dear god we are in for some nightmare fuel

somebody hold me

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This will show the fine line between Pikachu knocking it out of the park and Sonic shitting the bed

Plum

May 31, 2018
I want to see what kinda tone they're going with this before I completely write it off. Based on that design, though... I'm not expecting much.

It's weird. I love the weird, furry look in the Detective Pikachu trailer, but this is just... hard to like.

It's because the Pokemon aren't as anthropomorphic as Sonic is. Much easier to find realistic-looking fantasy animals endearing than it is with some weird human-ape-hedgehog-abomination hybrid.