• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IGN Spain published this teaser at 13:00 and deleted it quickly...

atssdyhsd.png

I legit laughed for a solid 5 minutes after clicking this spoiler. Sonic is the gift that keeps on giving

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
How and or WHY. I thought they'd get it wrong, but to be this wrong? holy shit.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
My God, the sheer edgyness of it, the cringe potential... I wouldn't miss this movie for anything in the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
looks absolutely repellent, potentially on the level of the Michael Bay TMNT films in terms of its ability to inspire revulsion through bad CG character design

I take back anything bad I said about Detective Pikachu's use of realistic fur and scales and such. it could have turned out so much worse

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Man, I'm really sad. I was secretly hoping it'd be something a little closer to say, Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy.

This? This is like... some freakish take on Sonic similar to the weird looking Michael Bay Ninja Turtles version of Splinter. Hope I'm wrong.

Sonic is a big part of my childhood. We just got Mania and now it feels like they're gonna run him into the ground on the big screen.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Can someone please rehost the poster? It just says "Bandwith limit exceeded" for me.

Holy hell that teaser, it looks like they stuck Sonic's head on a deformed wherewolf child's body.

Edit: ok, saw it on twitter, fuck, that snout and the eye are freaking me out.

Last edited:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Can't have a super fast, blue hedgehog with trainers on wearing gloves. That would be unrealistic.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
Given the comments from the executive producer about them not going with a "single" eye...well, that little orb half-way up the face, between the nose and ear...is Sonic going to also have a bug-eyed alien face, to boot?

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Ben Schwartz stars as Jean-Ralphio starring as Blanka Starring as Sonic the Hedgehog. Lol

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Paul W.S Anderson would have been an improvement. He would have kept Sonic looking the same. Even if it meant Milla Jovovich was the co-star.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
After Detective Pikachu, anything is possible.
Detective PIkachu went in the direction of creating the Pokemon world with its live action direction. Many were wondering and fearing if they were going to have the game take place in New York for example. Nope. I feel Pikachu made the correct decisions to make the characters and the world believable.

I'm most curious if Sonic will do that as well or will it have the characters leave their world (which could be adapted to live action) and introduce believability problems from the jump.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't know what to think, on one hand I'd think "How can you screw up something so simple so bad", on the other hand this is Sonic so in face of majority of Sega's modern output you should be prepared for the worst, yet this still manages to one-up it.

Jesus christ how hideous that thing is, it's impressive.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh shit I hadn't even noticed he has no gloves... and the fact that they don't feel confident enough to actually show his face is very telling, he's gonna be the stuff of nightmares, isn't he?

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
If at least they kept the chubby body type, I could see it being accepted by most people ...

But nah, they were bold