• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
so Imma eat flaming hots in the theater while sonic is flaming hot

I'm gonna lose the avatar bet aren't I

Ct1y92oVYAEf-Qi.jpg

My wife actually wanted to see this for valentines day surprisingly. She loved sonic as a kid and only played the 2d games plus doesnt frequent forums etc so she never had the fanbase taint it for her.

Alas, we cant actually afford the cinema this month, but I thought it was pretty cute that her memory of the character is completely untainted.

Cherish her always.

And show her how far gaming has come since Sonic 2.

*(by introducing her to Sonic Mania)

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the film is successful enough to lead to a trilogy.

With Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Metal Sonic in 2. Where Robotnik tricks Knuckles against Sonic but in the end they team up. With Knuckles and Tails going after Robotnik while Sonic saves Amy from Robotnik's Metal Sonic.

While in the third Robotnik realizes a robot copy of Sonic won't cut it and Shadow, Rouge, Gamma and Big the Cat show up.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't buy tickets in my country yet. C'mon, my anxiety is killing me!!

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least you get to watch Jim Carrey do his classic Jim Carrey thing and there's a CGI Sonic running around. I dont see how this could be anything other than enjoyable

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of eShop sales go live on Thursdays and a potential Sonic sale on PSN/XBL could be scheduled for tomorrow as well so that everything gets discounted at the same time across all digital stores. Still plenty of time for a promotional sale to pop up.
That sounds good. I want to double dip TSR on eshop. Switch version looks great.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Forreal. There's a bar and restaurant arcade right next door to my theater; I have the day off Monday and will be attending midday Sunday. Hoping to be knocked out upon the climax of the film.

This is pretty much my exact plan down to the Monday being off lmao. Godspeed

Last edited:

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Looking on the seats when I bought my ticket I can see 1 other person that's seeing the movie alone and not going with someone. So I won't entirely stick out as that one guy seeing Sonic on his own on valentines day.
Did you ever wind up clarifying your Valentines Day plans with your boss or coworkers?

Also why are you taking off an entire day of work for a move that's less than 2 hours in length!?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Oddly, the wife is the one who wants to see this. I'm content with unlocking the movie sonic in sonic dash.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Its weird how much the response to this has changed. This was seen as a certain disaster that looked unfixable, but I've heard anecdotally of course, a lot of hype from people I talk to and the internet response has changed as well.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone needs to get their Sonic fix before the movie, but doesn't feel like busting out the Saturn or Neo Geo Pocket Color or whatever, New York Magazine's been running some articles on the...odder side of Sonic's history this week.

nymag.com

How Pingas Became One of Sonic the Hedgehog’s Most Famous Memes

Taken from an old Sonic cartoon, the sound clip gained notoriety after being used in hundreds of YouTube Poop videos.
nymag.com

How a Legal Dispute Wiped Out Hundreds of Sonic the Hedgehog Characters

The extended Sonic universe has gone through extensive changes and reboots thanks to the actions of one writer seizing control of his work.
nymag.com

The Pious World of Christian Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Art

Sonic exists right on the edge of “family-friendly” and “edgy as heck,” making him a potent figure for Christian youth.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
In case anyone needs to get their Sonic fix before the movie, but doesn't feel like busting out the Saturn or Neo Geo Pocket Color or whatever, New York Magazine's been running some articles on the...odder side of Sonic's history this week.

nymag.com

How Pingas Became One of Sonic the Hedgehog’s Most Famous Memes

Taken from an old Sonic cartoon, the sound clip gained notoriety after being used in hundreds of YouTube Poop videos.
nymag.com

How a Legal Dispute Wiped Out Hundreds of Sonic the Hedgehog Characters

The extended Sonic universe has gone through extensive changes and reboots thanks to the actions of one writer seizing control of his work.
nymag.com

The Pious World of Christian Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Art

Sonic exists right on the edge of “family-friendly” and “edgy as heck,” making him a potent figure for Christian youth.

This is the kind of in-depth journalism the world needs more of.

This interview is incredible

Might be the single greatest interview I've ever seen.

Ben Schwartz is a legend among mortals.

wSyTNjS.jpg

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I got legitimately confused when I saw this thread and thought someone moved the Sonic Community thread. Anyways I don't plan on seeing this, but I hope everyone has fun!