• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I wouldn't like that. The reason it wasn't addressed is because shadow's design original was just purple sonic with scars. Legit. So when the design was made better it changed so much that I guess they didn't bother changing the script and it became a meme. There's no need to try and actually incorporate the two, even the games took the one implication that they might be incorporated and threw it out the window. The two are separate entities with separate backgrounds and that's cool. If they ever get to shadow in film, all he has to be is some ancient hedgehog sealed underground. Or the government found him, his greivences toward the world and mental manipulation work while making his backstory leagues less complicated
I think my problem with Shadow is we learn that he's a prototype of the Ultimate Life Form and was created by Gerald Robotnik, but then we find the ACTUAL "ultimate life form" and it's a giant lizard thing. How does your research take you from creating an anthropomorphic cartoon hedgehog to... that? On the same project? (maybe this was answered in Shadow the Hedgehog, I dunno)

As a kid I theorized that Sonic himself was an offshoot of the Ultimate Life Form project (his cryptic comments at the end of Last Story before the ever-classic "To the planet as cool and blue as me!" line seemed to suggest he knew more than he was letting on, though he could have just been thinking out loud), but I don't think it has to be that obvious (and dumb). Maybe Gerald, drawn to power, was studying the echidna tribe and happened upon this bad boy:

dznxzzmlbpw21.png

The echidnas worship the hedgehog as a god (which is why they chase after Sonic in the opening of this movie), so Gerald inadvertently creates Shadow in Sonic's image, not realizing the mural is actually a prophecy or that Sonic is a real person (well, hedgehog).

idk, just spitballing.

Nov 17, 2017
I think my problem with Shadow is we learn that he's a prototype of the Ultimate Life Form and was created by Gerald Robotnik, but then we find the ACTUAL "ultimate life form" and it's a giant lizard thing. How does your research take you from creating an anthropomorphic cartoon hedgehog to... that? On the same project? (maybe this was answered in Shadow the Hedgehog, I dunno)
I think a lot of fans speculate that Biolizard was instead based off the mural of Perfect Chaos. I mean, it's a stretch but it kind of makes sense?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

As a kid I theorized that Sonic himself was an offshoot of the Ultimate Life Form project (his cryptic comments at the end of Last Story before the ever-classic "To the planet as cool and blue as me!" line seemed to suggest he knew more than he was letting on, though he could have just been thinking out loud), but I don't think it has to be that obvious (and dumb). Maybe Gerald, drawn to power, was studying the echidna tribe and happened upon this bad boy:

dznxzzmlbpw21.png

The echidnas worship the hedgehog as a god (which is why they chase after Sonic in the opening of this movie), so Gerald inadvertently creates Shadow in Sonic's image, not realizing the mural is actually a prophecy or that Sonic is a real person (well, hedgehog).

idk, just spitballing.
The Biolizard was just a prototype (possibly based on Chaos because the ARK is swarmed with Artificial Chaos experiments). The implication in Sonic Adventure 2 is that Gerald's research into what would meet the prerequisite of "Ultimate Life" inevitably led to a being similar to Sonic. It's foreshadowed when Sonic first succeeds in using Chaos Control after having only seen it in action once - somehow even accomplishing doing it with a fake emerald. Sonic also proves to be way more adept in utilizing his super form, since he survives the encounter with the Biolizard while Shadow doesn't. In the final boss, there's even a piece of dialogue if you linger long enough on the boss where Shadow straight up says "I think I've figured out what the ultimate life form is - it might be you".

Sonic Adventure 2 at one point was looking to possibly be the last game Sonic Team would put out, so in essence it's fair to say they were using Shadow as a means to prop up Sonic's legacy. Obviously a lot of that ended up changing as the games went on, now Shadow is the character who mainly utilizes Chaos energy and still refers to himself as the ultimate life form, though it's clear based on Sonic 06 that Sonic is still able to use it. Either way, per Sonic canon, it seems like "Hedgehogs" are essentially the most powerful animal race, or at least the ones with most untapped "potential". As for the Hidden Palace mural, fans have long rationalized that it could be read differently, that a being similar to Robotnik would grant a Hedgehog ultimate power through the usage of the Master Emerald, though that's mostly ancillary reinforcement which the games never quite answered either way.

I imagine the lightning that Sonic emits in the movie is supposed to be the movie's take on Chaos energy, and we know that in the games, Echidnas were wiped out in their hubris trying to gain that power.

Last edited:

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a good portion of the sequel needs to take place in Sonic's world. You can't do a rehash of the ideas in the first, Sonic and pals go to different places on earth for reasons. It was a fun first romp but I don't think repeating it will be a good idea. Definitely have to build on the teases we got of Sonic's world and lore to keep general audiences interested enough to go see a sequel imo.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I feel like a good portion of the sequel needs to take place in Sonic's world. You can't do a rehash of the ideas in the first, Sonic and pals go to different places on earth for reasons. It was a fun first romp but I don't think repeating it will be a good idea. Definitely have to build on the teases we got of Sonic's world and lore to keep general audiences interested enough to go see a sequel imo.
Definitely. Hopefully this movie takes in enough cash to motivate them to make something more ambitious. I'd honestly be pissed to see another road trip movie.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

dznxzzmlbpw21.png

idk, just spitballing.

Shadows the ultimate life form actually, and that's made more clear as that game goes on. And shadows game outright puts a pin into why. This all fun speculation because I'm not trying to bring ya down btw. As for that mural a lot people speculated that's why shadow looks the way he does, but his game tells you why. And NotLiquid Goes into how things have changed, though I don't think sonic 06 should be used as an indicator of anything. That game got retconned omega hard and we never saw sonic...or silver for that matter control anything relating to chaos again. I think its fair to say at this point is primarly a shadow thing and the lightning isn't that, just a reference to the flashes's speed force because the people making it wanted to frame it like that. And problably weren't thinking about any greater or future lore implications.

That said If i'm being honest , I don't think any of the lore we are speculating holds any weight. To be blunt, shit has changed. Sonic ain't going nowhere shadow is a known popular entity in the world and I mean our world. Sa2 was made under some pretenses those pretenses no longer exist. Along with and I say this as a fan a lot of stuff around shadow is needlessly convoluted or complicated. And to be honest if shadow shows up in a film, or I will extend this to if 3d sonic ever gets some type of reboot , I think most of what we know is going out of the window. All you need for shadow's character to work is simple

Tragedy to get him angry and upset and some force or person to manipulate those emotions into trying to do something extremely destructive to everyone else.

As long as that's commincated the players and circumstances can change, but he'll still function how he needs to. So i don't think they will try to incorporate or make anything work. To keep it as simple as it can be while still holding some connection

Shadow was an alien hedgehog who may have landed on earth years before sonic did which may lend more to the governments intentions of capturing him in the movie. Maybe they did some experiments didn't take, saw him as dangerous. Locked him up.

Or

The echdina's do that and the story takes place in sonic land, or hey if they want to bring back those villianous lizards that got deleted from film one maybe they did it.

That's what I think will happen , no gerald or maria or any of that. These films have their human stars and I don't think they are going to get away from any those people. I just think shadow's story if he shows up is getting pared down, a lot

Jun 23, 2019
Just saw the matinee and that was actually really fun! Also the post credits scene had everyone in the theater cheering.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
How ya'll feel about them making his arms blue instead of tan?

I've got no idea why the Western takes on Sonic have such a fetish for giving him blue arms, but aside from being unnecessary it doesn't bother me. If nothing else I guess it's an easy way to distinguish movie Sonic from normal Sonic.

Unrelated, but I searched for a pic of Sonic to compare the designs and these were the Google suggestions at the top.

0d483980b8eebb9bd46280701202dc4d.png

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was shockingly decent apart from the sentimental schmaltz throughout. I seriously don't mean to sound condescending when I say this but I'm surprised someone cared enough to write a Sonic film that wasn't straight trash. There's some solid sight gags and physical comedy. It's kind of the top tier for films like this.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Real talk, this is by far the best 3D design Sonic has ever had. Which makes it especially tragic considering what happened to the animation studio.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I kinda prefer the Movie Design now, it just feels like a better fit.

Blue arms looks right.

The eyes look good.

I like the fuzziness.

Best of all, he looks awesome curled into a ball.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Just saw this movie and my god is it terrible. I have no idea why anyone (who is not a child) thinks it is good. The whole thing makes no sense as Sonic's powers are wildly inconsistent. Like it seems like he could have just run to San Francisco in like a few seconds (he literally makes the run almost instantaneously as a joke) but he doesn't know the way i guess. But rather than looking at a map he drives there for some reason. It is just really bad but not so bad as to be entertaining. Maybe if they had stuck to the original design it would have had something going for it but as is it is just awful.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Even my kid cousins thought it was mostly bad and they use a floss joke twice which made them cringe. Someone detail me all the cringe.
Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this movie and my god is it terrible. I have no idea why anyone (who is not a child) thinks it is good. The whole thing makes no sense as Sonic's powers are wildly inconsistent. Like it seems like he could have just run to San Francisco in like a few seconds (he literally makes the run almost instantaneously as a joke) but he doesn't know the way i guess. But rather than looking at a map he drives there for some reason. It is just really bad but not so bad as to be entertaining. Maybe if they had stuck to the original design it would have had something going for it but as is it is just awful.
The whole point of the movie was that Sonic didn't want to leave Earth and his "family" because he'd be alone forever once he left. So he delayed and detoured as much as he could to spend more time with Tom before the final destination.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was a really solid movie. Not incredible, but I also don't have many complaints. Just all around decent kids movie. Definitely in for a sequel.

The difference between this and Detective Pikachu was that the human leads (Carrey and Marsden) were much more compelling which really helped.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I hope with an inevitable sequel they sort of follow the template of the games. Like...

We get Tails at the end - great. If I was doing a sequel now, it'd be that Tails comes through the portal in that post-credits teaser because Robotnik has found a way back to Sonic's world and is now taking it over, shoving the animals inside robots, probably building the Death Egg, etc. The thing is compared to the various versions of the lore from comics or games or whatever, Tails and Sonic can't have met before -- because of the age difference in them, and because Sonic was a baby when he first went to Earth. So instead let's say Tails comes through in search of the legendary kid that disappeared who might be able to stop this new human fruitcake destroying his world.

So, basically, make it Sonic 2. Hold back on the Knuckles/Echidna stuff despite their appearance at the start of this movie. Have some earth stuff for the first act of the film where Tails finds Sonic. Then Sonic, Tails and you'd assume Tom all travel back to Sonic's world to save it from Robotnik.

This allows them to hit some iconic video game imagery (Tails should pilot the Tornado for a big setpiece... Robotnik should build a Metal Sonic, even if it's the 'Silver Sonic' mk1 model as opposed to the more iconic CD one...) I'd quite like to see Carrey opposite some sort of underling Robots in the vein of Scratch & Grounder and the others he's had in various mediums.

That should be the second movie, imo. This has been successful enough that so long as they are sensible about a sequel they should be guaranteed a third, so they should approach including the game lore/characters at a sensible speed. I think the thing that could really undo a sequel is trying to cram in as much recognizable shit as possible.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I hope with an inevitable sequel they sort of follow the template of the games. Like...

We get Tails at the end - great. If I was doing a sequel now, it'd be that Tails comes through the portal in that post-credits teaser because Robotnik has found a way back to Sonic's world and is now taking it over, shoving the animals inside robots, probably building the Death Egg, etc. The thing is compared to the various versions of the lore from comics or games or whatever, Tails and Sonic can't have met before -- because of the age difference in them, and because Sonic was a baby when he first went to Earth. So instead let's say Tails comes through in search of the legendary kid that disappeared who might be able to stop this new human fruitcake destroying his world.

So, basically, make it Sonic 2. Hold back on the Knuckles/Echidna stuff despite their appearance at the start of this movie. Have some earth stuff for the first act of the film where Tails finds Sonic. Then Sonic, Tails and you'd assume Tom all travel back to Sonic's world to save it from Robotnik.

This allows them to hit some iconic video game imagery (Tails should pilot the Tornado for a big setpiece... Robotnik should build a Metal Sonic, even if it's the 'Silver Sonic' mk1 model as opposed to the more iconic CD one...) I'd quite like to see Carrey opposite some sort of underling Robots in the vein of Scratch & Grounder and the others he's had in various mediums.

That should be the second movie, imo. This has been successful enough that so long as they are sensible about a sequel they should be guaranteed a third, so they should approach including the game lore/characters at a sensible speed. I think the thing that could really undo a sequel is trying to cram in as much recognizable shit as possible.

Yup.

Rolled my eyes when I saw some user say they should add Amy, Knuckles, Chaos Emeralds, and Shadow in the sequel.

I'm like what the hell dude.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back on the movie am I the only one annoyed by the entirely unnecessary part where Tom gets labeled as a terrorist?

Outside of jokes later from the sister, I think it was pointless because he sees the news and doesn't react at all despite how much of a big deal it should be and instead stays entirely focused on helping Sonic. Plus, the motel staff didn't see the news and they were able to continue staying the night and check out in the morning? And later he just shows off his badge with his full name and photo even though he is wanted? Plus the whole "you came all the way from Montana" was a little corny in terms of stretching belief for a joke. I would have him show his acceptance letter and try to get to the roof (with push back from the receptionist) as a pending SFPD officer instead and work humor into that scenario.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, what a dreadful movie... Sonic's design was actually good and it was far more competently made than what I expected after the first trailers, to its credit, but unfortunately that just means it's out of the "so bad it's good" category and ends up being simply bad.

I normally like Jim Carrey, but he was _really_ hamming it up this time, his performance honestly made me cringe. And overall I simply didn't really care about anything that was happening besides what sweet pop culture reference Sonic would drop next (tbh some got a chuckle out of me, but I died a little inside when he flossed...). I get that this is a movie for children, but it was simply too brain dead for my tastes, unfortunately.

That being said, Tails looks perfect and I've got to applaud them for figuring a way to referencing Gotta Go Fast, that really got me good!

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Looking back on the movie am I the only one annoyed by the entirely unnecessary part where Tom gets labeled as a terrorist?

Outside of jokes later from the sister, I think it was pointless because he sees the news and doesn't react at all despite how much of a big deal it should be and instead stays entirely focused on helping Sonic. Plus, the motel staff didn't see the news and they were able to continue staying the night and check out in the morning? And later he just shows off his badge with his full name and photo even though he is wanted? Plus the whole "you came all the way from Montana" was a little corny in terms of stretching belief for a joke. I would have him show his acceptance letter and try to get to the roof (with push back from the receptionist) as a pending SFPD officer instead and work humor into that scenario.

It really made no sense, added nothing, and only detracts from the overall film when you remember "oh yeah that happened too." Should've been an easy cut, and ideally replaced with something more fun. It feels like there's probably a scene or two that would've added to this subplot that was cut, but as it is, those scenes were functionally useless.

It needed to play a few more "buddy road movie" tropes. There's the bar and motel and Maddie's sister's house, and those were all great scenes, but feel like there was an opportunity for another scene or a montage or... something. Doesn't have to be big budget or even inventive... just swipe from Kingpin, Tommy Boy, Midnight Run, Dutch, Planes Trains Automobiles, Peewee's Big Adventure, etc, and combine with a Sonic visual gag.

—Go bowling (Sonic rolls himself).
—Go in the pool (Sonic can't swim; drowning music, rescued by Tom).
—Car stops working (Sonic pushes it, or puts Tom in like a stroller or something lol, and runs)
—Go to a drive-in or drive-thru restaurant (it seems crazy that they didn't partner with the Sonic Drive-In chain and went with Olive Garden instead?)
—Tom & Sonic play pinball (which inspires Sonic to spin attack Robotnik's machines, and finds ways to spring himself around parkour style)

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I thought it was a cute little movie. Pretty inoffensive for the most part. Sonic himself is really charming and ends up being visually appealing. I think Carry himself was pretty good though past his prime, but I think the script they gave Eggman was really weak. All of his quips felt like they lacked the bite they would have had in something like Ace Ventura or the Mask.

I'd say that judged solely as a film it's about on-par with Detective Pikachu, maybe a little worse, but Detective Pikachu did franchise fanservice a lot better.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017

That's pretty good. Part of me wants them to go a bit more whole 'hog in a sequel but I think you're right that there's really no reason to rush it. I think you're right in that overdoing it runs the risk of reviving the "oh great Sonic's shitty friends" meme. One of the best things about this movie is it's a very limited cast and gives us some grounded, humanized, emotionally developed insights into Sonic and Robotnik that haven't really been done before. Even in the most verbose adaptations, no one before juxtaposed Sonic and Robotnik as being connected in a way by loneliness for their uniqueness.

The first few games in the series provide a pretty good template for building an arc/k for a franchise.

Sonic 2 - Sonic 2 / maybe include elements of CD
Sonic 3 - Sonic 3 & K or Sonic Adventure 1/2

Hard to imagine there possibly being more than three films, but who knows.

I think you could probably add in Amy Rose to your story structure of Sonic 2 — she's one of the animals who is kidnapped. Perhaps this is what set Tails out to find Sonic.

The main thing with Amy is that the movie is a good opportunity to redefine her character in a stronger, clearer way than in the games. I don't know if Amy should be a romantic interest, I think it gets too weird too quick when Sonic starts getting into even implied relationships. This Sonic feels younger, anyway, more like a 12 year old than a 15 year old, and that's fine.

Amy could be connected to Sonic by being his little sister, that he didn't know he had, because he only remembers Longclaw as his guardian and they grew up separately, like Luke and Leia. Maybe not. She could be a fangirl who becomes a friend. Or she just happens to be a hedgehog who looks like Sonic but pink? I don't know. Maybe not. I'm not sure.

Admittedly, Amy isn't the easiest character to weave into any Sonic plot without kidnapping her, if you're being strictly faithful to the Japanese-originated story material. But her basic characteristics are so fun — big hearted, sassy, and swinging a big hammer — and such a complement to Sonic and Tails and Tom and Maddie... if done right, the movie would benefit a lot from her energy. There's potential for Amy Rose to be cool in her own way.

But it's probably asking for too much. It's more likely these films will keep the Sonic-verse cast very limited and expand no further than Tails and Knuckles.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
ugh I've somehow hyped myself up into thinking this series will end with super sonic vs perfect chaos.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I think you could probably add in Amy Rose to your story structure of Sonic 2 — she's one of the animals who is kidnapped. Perhaps this is what set Tails out to find Sonic.

The main thing with Amy is that the movie is a good opportunity to redefine her character in a stronger, clearer way than in the games. I don't know if Amy should be a romantic interest, I think it gets too weird too quick when Sonic starts getting into even implied relationships. This Sonic feels younger, anyway, more like a 12 year old than a 15 year old, and that's fine.

Amy could be connected to Sonic by being his little sister, that he didn't know he had, because he only remembers Longclaw as his guardian and they grew up separately, like Luke and Leia. Maybe not. She could be a fangirl who becomes a friend. Or she just happens to be a hedgehog who looks like Sonic but pink? I don't know. Maybe not. I'm not sure.

Admittedly, Amy isn't the easiest character to weave into any Sonic plot without kidnapping her, if you're being strictly faithful to the Japanese-originated story material. But her basic characteristics are so fun — big hearted, sassy, and swinging a big hammer — and such a complement to Sonic and Tails and Tom and Maddie... if done right, the movie would benefit a lot from her energy. There's potential for Amy Rose to be cool in her own way.

But it's probably asking for too much. It's more likely these films will keep the Sonic-verse cast very limited and expand no further than Tails and Knuckles.

I'd say Amy would be mpre likely in a sequel than even Knuckles, tbh, as there is absolutely a temptation, I'm sure, to give little girls a character to look up to, as they should. This first film wasn't great around that. With regards Amy's characterization, I think there's a pretty strong template now in Sonic Boom - she's' genuinely fabulous in that.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched it. It's an ok kid film. It excels on some aspects that Detective Pikachu is lacking, but it definitely has flaws across the entire movie. I enjoyed it though surprisingly.

IronicSonic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
—Go bowling (Sonic rolls himself).
—Go in the pool (Sonic can't swim; drowning music, rescued by Tom).
—Car stops working (Sonic pushes it, or puts Tom in like a stroller or something lol, and runs)
—Go to a drive-in or drive-thru restaurant (it seems crazy that they didn't partner with the Sonic Drive-In chain and went with Olive Garden instead?)
—Tom & Sonic play pinball (which inspires Sonic to spin attack Robotnik's machines, and finds ways to spring himself around parkour style)
Liked this a lot

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Seems like a lot of people calling out the "plot holes" in the movie didn't catch on to how Sonic didn't want to leave Earth and his fake family behind for a dumb mushroom planet. But if they explicitly wrote that into the script it would have been too on the nose imo

Moose the Fattest Cat

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I'd say Amy would be mpre likely in a sequel than even Knuckles, tbh, as there is absolutely a temptation, I'm sure, to give little girls a character to look up to, as they should. This first film wasn't great around that. With regards Amy's characterization, I think there's a pretty strong template now in Sonic Boom - she's' genuinely fabulous in that.

I agree that Boom is probably the strongest version of Amy and does provide a pretty good template. But I feel like she's still held back a bit by her initial characterization as "Sonic's wannabe clingy not-girlfriend." Tails was given the development to grow beyond that as his tech wiz trait was played up, but I don't feel that's quite happened for Amy — although there's been effort in both Boom and the IDW comic to present her as an organizational leader, and I think that direction could work but it doesn't quite feel like it's supplanted the previous characterization. That's just my opinion, though.

Mostly, I am compelled by what you mentioned up front, which is that I'd like to see the franchise give little girls a character to love in the way that boys have with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc. I'm not saying there aren't female Sonic fans— there are a lot! — and not saying there aren't great female Sonic characters — there are a few! — just that the franchise/Sega haven't prioritized them.

Personally I think Blaze the Cat would be the ideal 4th member of the core Sonic team — unlike Amy, she's not a repeated animal; she's playable in the games and fun to control; and she's got a badass design. She's not given stereotypical "girl" traits like Amy or Rouge the Bat — Blaze is simply a cool hero who is a girl, who is equal to Sonic in the way that Knuckles is.

It takes some tweaks to make Amy stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Sonic/Tails/Knuckles as adventurers (in Boom, they just lower the stakes since it's a sitcom), but for Blaze, it's an easy fit. Of course I recognize it's highly, highly unlikely for Blaze to be promoted to that level in the IP/franchise, so instead it's about trying to find the best way to incorporate Amy.

Thanks!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My take on it was that Gerald discovered the mural AFTER the biolizard failed, and modeled Shadow after Super Sonic as a means of better harnessing the chaos emeralds, which would explain why Shadow's so adept at using chaos power, even moreso than Sonic himself. But he's black and red cuz aliens

I imagine the lightning that Sonic emits in the movie is supposed to be the movie's take on Chaos energy, and we know that in the games, Echidnas were wiped out in their hubris trying to gain that power.
Yeah, I was under the impression that it's the speed chaos force and that the echidnas are after him for that. It'd also explain how Robotnik's quill-harnessing machine works. It didn't give him super speed, it slowed down time using the power of chaos like Professor Zoom, which is how he was able to to control it at such high speeds in the climax despite not having super reaction speed

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Seems like a lot of people calling out the "plot holes" in the movie didn't catch on to how Sonic didn't want to leave Earth and his fake family behind for a dumb mushroom planet. But if they explicitly wrote that into the script it would have been too on the nose imo
I mean... didn't they write that explicitly into the script? lol

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. The only hanging plot thread I went WTF on was
Tom's a terrorist, j/k
How is he not a target for anyone. How'd he walk through San Francisco without getting spotted/arrested? I get that after the "incident" the MIB made it all go away cause kids movie but up to that point I figured they were going to do something with that.

I really liked it. My kids loved it. My youngest did the same "gotta go fast" thing and it was adorable.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

That what happens when CinemaSins is popular

If not that, apparently people here have trouble socializing. Like far more than a video game forum member ought to be.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I saw it. It was serviceable and not as bad as I expected. Nothing special or really a Sonic, but it was harmless. Human cast wasn't too annoying and Robotnik was great. Some jokes were funny....some were cringe like that damn fart joke. Sonic's personality was fine overall- bit too different for my taste, can see how he could be annoying at times. I'll also say it was nice to have a female lead who was a positive representation of a dark skin black woman.