• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your Rotten Tomatoes score prediction?

• >90%

Votes: 68 7.8%
  • 75-90%

Votes: 97 11.1%
  • 60-75%

Votes: 234 26.8%
  • 45-60%

Votes: 293 33.6%
  • 30-45%

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • 15-30%

Votes: 50 5.7%
  • 0-15%

Votes: 18 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully when the movie has 80-100 reviews it would finalize if it remains fresh or if more critics give it so many bad reviews it goes to rotten in the 50s.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Wait, what were the avatar poll results? Is that being kept as a surprise? I can't find it.
www.resetera.com

Sonic the Hedgehog will gross more domestically than Detective Pikachu. Who will make an avatar bet? (Up: Sonic beats out Detective Pikachu)

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie had a rough first impression with both fans of the franchise and the general audience. It has since recovered in public reception with a second trailer that showcased a much better redesigned Sonic and a tone more befitting of the blue blur. Currently, per The...

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
RT is worthless tbh.

Still though, I'm glad this isn't a trainwreck at the very least.

It serves a purpose for me on creating a baseline for whether a movie is worth a watch or not. Although even then, if I find a movie interesting despite a lower than anticipated score, I'd still watch it anyways.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It's currently at 67% last I checked (as of when this post was created).
bandicam-2020-02-13-13-37-43-204.png

It keeps dropping, but let's hope it can still hold it.

Mar 30, 2019
www.resetera.com

Sonic the Hedgehog will gross more domestically than Detective Pikachu. Who will make an avatar bet? (Up: Sonic beats out Detective Pikachu)

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie had a rough first impression with both fans of the franchise and the general audience. It has since recovered in public reception with a second trailer that showcased a much better redesigned Sonic and a tone more befitting of the blue blur. Currently, per The...
Thanks, I forgot about the threadmark functionality.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The RT is going to bounce around a lot until we hit 100 reviews since a single positive/negative one is going to change the percent. When we get to 100 we should see the RT stabilize.

Never forget the day Sonic the Hedgehog scored higher reviews than a Star Wars film
The real W

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The RT is going to bounce around a lot until we hit 100 reviews since a single positive/negative one is going to change the percent. When we get to 100 we should see the RT stabilize.
It would need to stay fresh before 100 reviews(and it's going to barely hang on if at all), otherwise it could go in a different direction.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It would need to stay fresh before 100 reviews(and it's going to barely hang on if at all), otherwise it could go in a different direction.
I'd be surprised if it doesn't maintain a fresh rating given that the RT is pretty much in line with the average disparity with the critic score, which hasn't moved that much.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the best reviewed video game movies of all time and my brain doesn't know how to process that information. I am so excited to see this for myself.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprised if it doesn't maintain a fresh rating given that the RT is pretty much in line with the average disparity with the critic score, which hasn't moved that much.
Yeah, that's true. Problem is that they can lower that average rating with more bad reviews which would affect the percentage later on. We'll see though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yes they are. Silent hill is the closest, but it's still bad.

Silent Hill is probably the "best" though MK is likely the most "enjoyable." The camp can be fun and there's obviously a lot of nostalgia around it.

Like, I legitimately enjoy the Super Mario Bros. movie mainly because I loved it as a kid but it's clearly terrible. Haha.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
With the negative impressions after the reveal, and the shit show surrounding the redesign- and it being based on a video game in general - this seemed like one of those opportunities for critics to be hyperbolic dickheads competing see who could come up with the worst Sonic pun. I'm stunned, to be honest lmao

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Silent Hill is probably the "best" though MK is likely the most "enjoyable." The camp can be fun and there's obviously a lot of nostalgia around it.

Like, I legitimately enjoy the Super Mario Bros. movie mainly because I loved it as a kid but it's clearly terrible. Haha.

I agree completely. Silent hill is the closest to "good movie", but MK has good production values and the camp levels are off the charts. Resident evil is just horrendous. I loved it when I was a kid, but holy hell is it bad.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I know right? What the hell is going on?
The Sonic series as a whole lends itself well to solid storytelling and strong characters. The games were founded on Sonic's ability as a charming mascot before its game design, so characters and worlds have always come first for the series.

I'm really hoping this movie gives the series a bit of a cultural boost. It would be nice to see some better quality games from SEGA too, haha.