• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your Rotten Tomatoes score prediction?

• >90%

Votes: 68 7.8%
  • 75-90%

Votes: 97 11.1%
  • 60-75%

Votes: 234 26.8%
  • 45-60%

Votes: 293 33.6%
  • 30-45%

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • 15-30%

Votes: 50 5.7%
  • 0-15%

Votes: 18 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Okay two surprises. One I did not expect to like the movie that much but I really enjoyed it. And two holy shit there were a lot of old people in the theater lol

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I don't think it's gonna beat it, but Sonic does seem to have an advantage based on the current movie slate and will have arguably already "won" if it gets anywhere near Pikachu's haul, given that it's working with less of a production budget.
Did it? From what I read Sonic had a significantly less estimated budget than Pikachu.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun family film . The script could use a little more polish and punch up, but both Schwartz and Jim Carrey put a lot of life into the characters.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just saw this and quite honestly enjoyed it. The jokes landed and I laughed quite a bit. I want a sequel very badly for various reasons haha

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it with my kids (first time taking them to the movies and it's their 4th birthday) We all enjoyed it.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
This was one of the best nights of my life.

So we had a Sonic fan meetup for the movie over at AMC Universal and I went dressed as Robotnik. The crowd (albeit, a biased, Sonic loving crowd) love, love, LOVED this movie. The MAJOR SPOILER
Tails scene
got the loudest reaction I've ever heard in a movie theater.

But the icing on the cake is that once the credits started rolling again after the mid-credits scene, the lights went up and there was Ben Schwartz, Tyson Hesse (2D Sonic animator and the one who redesigned the character) and director, Jeff Fowler! Ben saw me right away in the Robotnik costume and had me stand up for the crowd. I got a picture with him later.

As a Sonic fan, I couldn't have fantasized a better night at seeing him on the big screen.

P.S. For the two or so fans who went "WHOO!" when
Sonic's bare feet were slightly exposed through the beat-up socks,
what is wrong with you?!!

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Lol. I wonder if i should feel disturbed or amused that a movie that is supposed to be bad gets 7 or something like that.

I thought it would get a least 4 or something like at a level of mediocre

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

So we had a Sonic fan meetup for the movie over at AMC Universal and I went dressed as Robotnik. The crowd (albeit, a biased, Sonic loving crowd) love, love, LOVED this movie. The MAJOR SPOILER
Tails scene

But the icing on the cake is that once the credits started rolling again after the mid-credits scene, the lights went up and there was Ben Schwartz, Tyson Hesse (2D Sonic animator and the one who redesigned the character) and director, Jeff Fowler! Ben saw me right away in the Robotnik costume and had me stand up for the crowd. I got a picture with him later.

As a Sonic fan, I couldn't have fantasized a better night at seeing him on the big screen.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Tails scene

This is so ridiculously awesome! What I'd have done to trade places with you! lol

Did you or anyone there record the crowd reaction to the mid-credits scene? I'd love to see it!

EDIT: Oh hey, so thanks to the Tweet above we know at least one person was probably recording the mid-credits scene since the video starts right after it...

Last edited:

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I have a Dolby Cinema screening in the morning. I've skimmed some broad impressions, glad it isn't bad. Though I would pay to see it no matter how bad it is probably, lol.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they made a good movie out of a video game series that shits out mediocre installment after mediocre installment disappointing fans everywhere on a yearly basis proves we're in a new timeline. It's now all but guaranteed that the Mario movie will be terrible and a massive flop.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn I feel like I'm being the most cynical ass Sonic fan in existence reading some of the stuff here lmao

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Tails scene

That is so awesome haha

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Awesome movie! Took my kids and had low expectations since video game movies suck right? Not this one, while not award winning good, the movie kept me entertained and was a blast to watch.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
deadline.com

‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Breaks Video Game Pic Opening Record With $70M & Reps 4th-Best Presidents’ Weekend Debut – Monday Update

Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog will hit $70 million in its four days, making it the fourth-best Presidents' Day opening of all time.

Pretty good Thursday night numbers!

Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog got off to a solid start on Thursday night, scoring $3M from shows that began at 5PM at 3,150 locations.

That number is the same as what Dreamworks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World made last year with a $3M Thursday off 6pm showtimes before going to a $55M opening weekend. Other titles that Sonic is being compared to include Lego Batman ($2.2M 5pm previews, $53M opening), Lego Movie 2 ($1.5M 4pm previews, $34.1M opening), and MGM/UAR's animated movie Addams Family ($1.25M 4pm previews, $30.3M opening). Tracking and industry estimates have a wide projection on the 4-day for Sonic: $40M-$50M.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA

Tails scene

That is so wonderful! What a great life moment!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RT at 100 reviews, 65%.

That score can still change obviously but it's going to stop jumping around as much now.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
Saw a showing last night with a few friends; about 10 other people besides us, but it's a late Thursday in a small city so not too surprising.

I was all smiles the whole time, and I'm surprised at how many jokes hit for me. After seeing the pre- and mid-credit scenes I really hope this makes enough for a sequel.

The credits sequence was great too.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
3b4edb63-4558-434e-98uqjbb.gif

I maintain they should have committed harder to the absurdity of this sequence and gone further with it. Sonic should have, a la frog prince, turned into a blue-hair bishounen fellow after that for the final boss. Lack of vision on the part of the developers, frankly.