• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
HE'S AT IT AGAIN LOL

Known black gay furry Sonicfox has been ruffling TERF feathers the past 24 hours, and it all started with a simple light-hearted tweet:

People (mainly TERFs) apparently got offended and started trying to push the notion that TERF "is a slur" (against women, primarily), which makes...zero sense.

In case you don't know who Sonicfox is at this point, the TLDR is that he's the Justin Wong of his generation; someone who is amazing at nearly every fighting game he touches. He made an amazing speech about him being gay and a furry at The Game Awards last year, and not content with merely being loud and proud he has decided to show his staunch support of trans people. There's really too many tweets to link in one post, so (for now) I'll end with the following:

CDYB8bx.jpg

For anyone that was like me 2 seconds ago:

TERF: "Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. That group of feminists that claims that trans women aren't really women, as biological determinism is only a fallacy when it used against them, not when they use it against others."

EDIT:
For those just joining us, he's taking aim at Ronda Rousey as she voices Sonya in MK11. And at the risk of tooting my own horn:

OWHBSRP.png

And if the tweet doesn't say it already, I'll say it here: fuck TERFs.

Last edited:

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that was like me 2 seconds ago:

TERF: "Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. That group of feminists that claims that trans women aren't really women, as biological determinism is only a fallacy when it used against them, not when they use it against others."

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. Transphobic hate-ideology.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Fuck TERFs. Also, this is naive, but I didn't really expect TERFs to be caring about what a pro fighting game player is doing. Not because I think the gaming community is ever kind to trans people but because the anti-trans gamers and TERFs always seemed like separate entities with a shared goal

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Fuck TERFS, fuck SWERFs, and especially fuck those who try to claim those words are slurs, actively degrading the severity of real slurs

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't seem particularly controversial to me. Not sure what anyone would expect from him. I don't follow the FGC that he's part of, but he's taken strong stances along these lines in the past, and I hope he continues to do so in the future.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Really like Sonicfox. Surprised to see so many still unfamiliar with the term.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had passing knowledge of what TERF meant but SWERF? These acronyms aren't as well known as some of you might think, ppl!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't get what the big deal about terfs is, here's a video on the subject by Contrapoints.

Yes it's 30 minutes long. Yes it's absolutely worth the watch.

(edit) For those that don't want to watch the whole video, skip ahead to 24:55

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing is that some people in his tweets asked what are reefs and after it was explained to them were like wow thsnks I learned something, very wholesome

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love you Sonicfox, keep being awesome.

Fuck TERFs from now until the end of time.