• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serenge

Jan 11, 2018
I'm glad that SonicFox said what he said. He has dealt with oppression at the hands of the right his whole life, so him getting this moment of validation is amazing for me personally.

I'm just trying to understand how anyone can truly support the right at this moment in time. They've proven to be anti-minorities, and proven to be anti-LGBTQ+, you can read up on things that Trump has done in his history, as well as a myraid of other republican members who have indulged in similar behavior. Part of me wants to believe that I'm just missing something. That maybe I'm not seeing the full picture of the right. Am I just crazy?

People can't really be this bigoted in 2018 can they?

Oct 25, 2017
I like the meta-narrative that Keighley got revenge on Joel Mchale for constantly embarrassing him at the VGX's in 2013... by making him have to introduce and be in the presence of Sonicfox with zero context of who he is.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
The reactions were by in large have been very postive. A few people questioning the difficulty of fighting games compared to csgo but other than that, the haters were drowned out.

Glad he won and I'm excited for the final dbfz tournament

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I wasn't familiar with him but I loved his speech.
Sadly, it always feels weird to type something positive about an online gaming personality these days because there's always the expectation that they might have said some disgusting shit on a stream at some point and I'm too out of the loop to know.
But if this guy is truly as he presented himself at the awards yesterday, then good on him and congrats on his win.

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
SonicFox: "I play like 5 Games!"
Sasha: "I did not know that"

Can we make a worldwide rule to NOT comment negatively on someone's success especially if you DO NOT know anything about the person?
Should say the same to the FGC for claiming that S1mple is lucky to be playing on a team instead of individually

When he easily has 3 of the worst teammates playing for a contending team

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
According to SocialBlade he's gained nearly 15k new followers on Twitter since he won this, so it seems like the overall reception was positive.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. Talk about not being grateful or helpful with the esports scene as a whole. What an incredibly childish response.
There was a thread about this but it was locked because he took it back and apologized pretty quickly

S1mple used to be one of the most toxic and hated CS pro players a few years ago but has turned his image around in a big and genuine way and is probably one of the most well liked pros in the scene today. I definitely don't think this instance should define him.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SonicFox is the most talented fighting game player this gen. He won tourneys on Mk, Injustice and DbZ. He also got top 16 on the first major of SFv and he doesn't play that much. He deserves to win that award

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Man ppl trying to find dirt on him? Salt is flowing hard. Guy is a good person, I don't get furries but oh well.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
I don't give a fuck if he's a furry, I still respect this man and his dominant performance in the FGC.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stay out of most threads like these because hooboy the homophobes and self-victimizing conservatives always come out and it's a migraine, but god DAMN am i so fucking happy man who was gay, black, AND a furry won that goddamn award. One of the first times Iv'e ever seen someone like me up there in this sea of sheltered entitled straight white boys and I honestly teared up a bit.

Pretty shitty to label all Republicans as the same.
Thats because they are all the same

It doesnt matter whether youre some bullshit "financially republican", you support the party, you support everything they do. If you can call yourself republican despite the entire party's stance on ruining every gay, trans, and non-white life in this country with a pristine guiltfree smile, you're both the problem and honestly worse than the active homophobes and racists. Atleast they don't delude themselves into thinking they aren't what they are.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stay out of most threads like these because hooboy the homophobes and self-victimizing conservatives always come out and it's a migraine, but god DAMN am i so fucking happy man who was gay, black, AND a furry won that goddamn award. One of the first times Iv'e ever seen someone like me up there in this sea of sheltered entitled straight white boys and I honestly teared up a bit.

Thats because they are all the same

It doesnt matter whether youre some bullshit "financially republican", you support the party, you support everything they do. If you can call yourself republican despite the entire party's stance on ruining every gay, trans, and non-white life in this country with a pristine guiltfree smile, you're both the problem and honestly worse than the active homophobes and racists. Atleast they don't delude themselves into thinking they aren't what they are.
Yeah. Republicans are universally worthless contributions to America.