• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Concept artist of The Last of Us 2 :

Nice! I can already hear people typing scripts for another set of "Naughty Dog Agenda" videos.

Oh snap!
Being a furry is not a fetish. Wearing a fursuit is not a fetish.

Some people get off on fucking in tuxedos. Does that mean everyone wearing a tuxedo is putting their tuxedo fucking fetish on display? Of course not. That's ridiculous.

What the fuck did Sonic Fox do that could be in anyway comparable to somebody smelling toes? What did he do that was in any way fetishy?
He was practically having sex on stage!

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Being a furry is not a fetish. Wearing a fursuit is not a fetish.

Some people get off on fucking in tuxedos. Does that mean everyone wearing a tuxedo is putting their tuxedo fucking fetish on display? Of course not. That's ridiculous.

What the fuck did Sonic Fox do that could be in anyway comparable to somebody smelling toes? What did he do that was in any way fetishy?
You're right my bad, you put it in a way that made me think for sure. Either way, his outfit wasn't the only one that felt out of place to me. Really wish the award show felt a bit more professional.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Congrats to him but did he have to say those things when he received his prize? Does it matter? When an actor/actress win an Oscar, does he say that he is straight, gay, black, white, or anything? No. Because it doesn't matter if you are or not.
He is victimizing himself and being gratuitously aggressive at the same time.

It doesnt matter when we get to the point where everyone gets treated equally despite their skin color, sex or identity

Clearly we still have a way to go

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to him but did he have to say those things when he received his prize? Does it matter? When an actor/actress win an Oscar, does he say that he is straight, gay, black, white, or anything? No. Because it doesn't matter if you are or not.
It's more relevant than thanking your imaginary friends in the sky or thanking your family for supporting you while you make millions.

Even if he wasn't a furry I can't even imagine what a gay black man has to go through in this life, so if he wants to give a shout out to the community that helps him get through it I don't see the problem

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It matters to me. Him saying those things reminds people like him - gay people, black people, and furries (though I am in no way, shape, or form saying that being a furry is in any way equivalent to being gay or black— let me just make that clear) - can find success in the gaming industry, even if there are still chalk-white straight cisgender manbaby asshats in it who want them to "stay down / quiet / out of view" and scoff at the idea of representation in gaming for any sort of culture, interest, etc. other than their own.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

If you ever watched any award show literally ever, you would know how exceedingly common this is. Dating back decades, award shows are constantly used as a political platform for the folks who are awarded. The Grammys, The Tonys, and the Oscars all have a supremely consistent and extensive history of people receiving awards making political statements about their identities, current events, and industry conditions.

Every single one. For decades. Always.

Only in Gaming, somehow, is this perceived as unusual or out of place. Maybe because there isn't a prestigious award show for games, but I find is really hard to believe that even gamers have never watched a single award show in their lives where both presenters and recipients make clear and personal statements on stage.

Even gamers should have heard of Marlon Brando.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Guys why are you taking the bait of the concern troll?

Congrats to SonicFox.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's very easy to call people garbage when thats what they consistently vote for

Here's the problem with that, does it make you any more right than the ones you accuse? If you claim you are better then them by your actions, then you just proved yourself wrong. I don't think that's the look Sonicfox was going for and more importantly, it shuts that door even tighter than it was before by making such a jaded statement.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Not really.

Since I'm not gay or black I can't speak for whatever those groups go through, but bringing light to the fact that he is what he is, also implies that people like him (even if not him in particular, I have no clue about his life history tbh) have to fight through a lot of shit to just be who they are. Having a positive voice, one that openly embraces all of those things, one that managed to rise to very top of whate he chose to do, one that also has a generous heart (that story about his friend's dad with cancer is brilliant) can only bring about good things.

Just because it doesn't have any real impact on people like me or you, doesn't mean it's not needed.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea who this guy was, but it was good seeing him there and him just being himself. He felt very genuine in his speech and seems to be a great person. Wish him all the best, that everything republicans hate comment was glorious. Laughed quite a bit at that.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

View of burn from several thousand light years away
tenor.gif

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Great player, and seems like a super nice guy. Wish the best in his present and future fgc career. Fur suit stuff has got to go though. He can be into it, but why is it acceptable for his fetish to be on display like this? Tarantino isnt out here smelling toes when given awards.
The cycle begins anew. Sod off with the ignorance and read the damned thread. Your hot take is unwelcome.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the problem with that, does it make you any more right than the ones you accuse? If you claim you are better then them by your actions, then you just proved yourself wrong. I don't think that's the look Sonicfox was going for and more importantly, it shuts that door even tighter than it was before by making such a jaded statement.
It does because I don't vote for people who want to destroy my healthcare and imprison children.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, this statement is nonsensical. That's not everyone. And disagreement or opossing views does not mean hate. Not sure why this should be celebrated, I think such statements make more harm than good.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, this statement is nonsensical. That's not everyone. And disagreement or opossing views does not mean hate. Not sure why this should be celebrated, I think such statements make more harm than good.

If you support the Republican party, you support a party based around white supremacy and sexism. You are supporting hate. This is an unarguable fact.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this statement is nonsensical. That's not everyone. And disagreement or opossing views does not mean hate.

No it's not. The GOP has been running on ignorance, bigotry, fear and escape goating for decades upon decades. They've built their entire party around limiting voting rights and ability to do so, disenfranchising entire groups of people, fighting tooth and nail to stop gay marriage and now that front has failed they're going in on the trans community.

Gimme a fucking break. They elected abe continue to support Donald Fucking Trump.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

This is just so wrong.

He is an LGBTQ icon, and everyone in the community is proud as fuck for his win. You would rather see erasure and people stay in the closet, but your time is over honey.

I honestly just assumed it was some temporary Internet meme joke thing akin to Bowsette. I didn't realise there were loads of people out there who took things that far that they fetishised these things or actually dressed as or had sex in....furry fox costumes lol. Genuinely I just don't even fucking know what the fuck is anything any more lol.

How sheltered must you be to find out about furries in 2018?

Oct 25, 2017

Period, point blank.

I know you are already banned but there are plenty of other posters more subtly saying the same thing. Did it ever occur to any of y'all that no one gives a shit about what you think on this subject? Who cares if it doesn't matter to you? It matters to him. The universe doesn't revolve around you, get over yourself and step the fuck aside.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, that's just not true. Don't throw your opinions as facts. Agree to disagree 👍

Explain how it's not true. Give me details to back up your claim.

We can all point to voting records or the simple unarguable fact that supporting Donald Trump is supporting white supremacy. I need you to explain why that's not true.

You came into the thread to tell us that SonicFox's statement isn't true without explaining why. So explain.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's just not true. Don't throw your opinions as facts. Agree to disagree 👍
If you have a problem with that statement then work toward changing what the Republican party stands for. Right now, it is unequivocally a party about white supremacy and fascism. Either abandon ship or challenge it. You don't get to pretend like it's nothing by continuing to support it, sorry.

Unfortunately, almost all republican leaders have either shown their true colors or demonstrated to what extent there are complete and utter spineless cowards throughout this regime. Call for better leaders or hide in shame. Don't expect anyone to give you even a modicum of respect for doing nothing and still considering yourself a republican at this moment in history.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Great player, and seems like a super nice guy. Wish the best in his present and future fgc career. Fur suit stuff has got to go though. He can be into it, but why is it acceptable for his fetish to be on display like this? Tarantino isnt out here smelling toes when given awards.
This is such a tired thing.

A fursuit isn't fetish gear unless the person wearing it makes it fetish gear. There's a lot of sexuality in the furry fandom, and that is a-okay, but it is not necessarily sexual. There are plenty of people who don't like the sexual aspects at all, plenty of people who are only in it for the sexuality, and a whole lot of people in-between the two. It's no different from any other fandom or community, and there is nothing wrong with any of it.

Repeat after me: simply wearing a fursuit does not make you a kinky exhibitionistic motherfucker.

It gets fucking tiring having to explain this in every thread that relates even remotely to furries. People have this stereotype of a sex-crazed furry stuck in their heads, but it just isn't true. I'm not saying there aren't some people like that, but to think it applies to everyone is just wrong— and again, none of this is any different from any other fandom.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I love this thread because it keeps outing this type of people and their ugly faces. THE VIEWS REPUBLICANS HAVE BEEN DISPLAYING LITERALLY MEAN HATE! Oh god have you been stripped off all your senses? FFS!
Edit: I'm not being sarcastic here by the way, caps are there for emphasis, not sarcasm.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe it wasnt true 5 years ago.

Now ? You at the very least enable it and are fine with it if you're still a Republican. Being neutral in this situation is literally the same as being for it.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
But it is true.

The Republican party today is the party of Trump. If you are willing to call yourself a Republican, you hold the can for the things Republicans are saying and doing, you hold the can for their policy platform.

Republicans are unashamedly anti-POC and anti-LGBT. It's not a question of opinion. It's a matter of record.

Republicans consistently argue for and implement policy designed to impoverish, imperil and disenfranchise POC and LGBT individuals. Beyond that, they seek to demonise and diminish the rights that POC and LGBT individuals have fought for.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I love when people come into the thread to let us know that SonicFox's "generalization" was wrong and then only reply to those who question him with vague passive aggressiveness or they just bounce from the thread completely.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I won't agree to disagree when your party is trying to deny my relatives health coverage. I won't agree to disagree when your party is trying to bargain with the lives of people I know and care about just because their parents brought them to the United States as children. I won't agree to disagree when your party is trying to deny people their constitutional voting rights just to remain in power. I won't agree to disagree when your party is trying to hinder any attempts towards preserving our world for future generations. I won't agree to disagree when your party is fine allowing cops to murder minorities as long as they give the token "I was scared for my safety" bullshit. I won't agree to disagree as long as your party discriminates against people based on who they love or what gender they identify as. .

I won't agree to disagree until our point of disagreement doesn't involve the health and wellbeing of me and my fellow Americans.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Disagreeing on some issues are activly harming or hindering the progress of our civilization.

Disagreeing on some issues are activly harming other human beings, minorities especially.

I'm curios what issues do you disagree with?

Staning for the republicans is accepting EVERYTHING they do. You can't cherry pick.