• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
The moment he said it I knew how bent out of shape people would get while feigning concern over the propriety of his statements.
The concern trolling is so fucking pathetic and transparent.

I really don't understand furries but good on him being who he is and not apologising for it.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
It's very easy to call people garbage when thats what they consistently vote for

Yup. If you don't want to be called out, stop voting to make the world an actively worse place. It's really that simple. It's not to make a value judgment of being a good or bad person as a whole (people are more than their politics), but it can be said without qualification or prevarication that being a Republican is bad.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him, but the fact that Serral wasn't even nominated or won shows that the award was pretty much meaningless. He is legitimately THE best player in the world at by far the hardest competitive Esport and there's no real room for any debate.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Yup. If you don't want to be called out, stop voting to make the world an actively worse place. It's really that simple. It's not to make a value judgment of being a good or bad person as a whole (people are more than their politics), but it can be said without qualification or prevarication that being a Republican is bad.

Seriously I would actually try to attempt believe they weren't anti gay, anti-minority and anti-poor people/pro-corporation if there were a vocal and prominent group of republicans actively campaigning to get that hateful, greedy shit out of their platform. But they arent, nor are they trying to do anything about it. You wear the hat you choose and everything that comes with it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
To be fair, your post can be read the opposite way if you interpret the capitalized sentence as quoting others (which is, I mean, a typical strategy; capitalize the other side's opinion to make it seem unreasonable). You might want to edit it for clarity.
Ah, I can see that. I was using those for emphasis so I'll edit properly.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously I would actually try to attempt believe they weren't anti gay, anti-minority and anti-poor people/pro-corporation if there were a vocal and prominent group of republicans actively campaigning to get that hateful, greedy shit out of their platform. But they arent, nor are they trying to do anything about it. You wear the hat you choose and everything that comes with it.

The only time those repubs speak out if to get offended about people generalizing Republicans or white people.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
For those wondering why Sonic Fox won, he's more than just a DBFZ player. He's been a top or mid tier player in every game he touches. He was the best in NRS games for a while and made it to top 8 in Skullgirls, DOA5 and others. Hell he's even picking up Smash Ultimate. Tokido and ChrisG aren't as versatile as him. He's definitely the most multifaceted FGC player right now.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Coward conservatives proving SonicFox's statement 10000000000x over in this thread. So glad he won and hope he keeps kicking tremendous amounts of electronic ass in the FGC.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Not to derail, but who was the dude wearing the lgbt shirt and amazing suit just a little before sonicfox's win? He gave the award to that blue haired kid. Was that the voice of kratos?
But anyways, I hope sonicfox got to chat with that dude.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Not to derail, but who was the dude wearing the lgbt shirt and amazing suit just a little before sonicfox's win? He gave the award to that blue haired kid. Was that the voice of kratos?
But anyways, I hope sonicfox got to chat with that dude.
I would love to chat (and not only) with that dude too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I'm not aware of him but Woa great speech!

A bit eccentric but he's happy and proud and doing things in a field that looks down on many aspects of his core and the bravery to say this is me and I love it, nothing but respect

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I'll never get furries, its just too weird to me but this guy seems like a lovely person. Congrats to him, his skills in fighting games can't be denied. Hope to see more of him in the future.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This speech was really inspiring, and he is taking the fallout like a champ.

Republicans in this thread and on the Internet that took offense to this while their president puts kids in cages should all take a good long look in the mirror.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Eh I think some of you guys can cool it a bit on the "all republican thing". Personally I am registered republican since I graduated high school. And economically I'm a capitalist by nature(I do accounting for a living), but socially I'm not conservative at all.

I am pro gay rights, pro choice, pro trans rights, and I'm Indian so it goes without saying I'm not exactly team Nazi either.

I love Fox's speech and routinely watch his stuff. I sat through ips finals for a game I do not like, I don't find all that fun to watch, because the foxiest of the hounds was in the top 8. Now that might make me more rino than repub, but the point is it's not that crazy or a concept to think there are republicans who don't actually agree with the current state of their party.

I fucking voted Obama n Hillary the last 3 elections (mind you the only elections I could legally). I think his speech would have been just as effective without the jab. Now let's be real most of the shit he is getting has nothing to do with the jab. It's mostly been about being gay. And fuck those people for being bigots.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I think some of you guys can cool it a bit on the "all republican thing". Personally I am registered republican since I graduated high school. And economically I'm a capitalist by nature(I do accounting for a living), but socially I'm not conservative at all.

I am pro gay rights, pro choice, pro trans rights, and I'm Indian so it goes without saying I'm not exactly team Nazi either.

I love Fox's speech and routinely watch his stuff. I sat through ips finals for a game I do not like, I don't find all that fun to watch, because the foxiest of the hounds was in the top 8. Now that might make me more rino than repub, but the point is it's not that crazy or a concept to think there are republicans who don't actually agree with the current state of their party.

I fucking voted Obama n Hillary the last 3 elections (mind you the only elections I could legally). I think his speech would have been just as effective without the jab. Now let's be real most of the shit he is getting has nothing to do with the jab. It's mostly been about being gay. And fuck those people for being bigots.

Don't bring it up with us. Bring it up with the party you support and constantly attacks voting rights, representation and so on. You should be upset with the party of Donald Trump, not the guy who is q target for so many of their hateful policies and initiatives.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

You can vote for democrats all you want, you sill support a morally bankrupt political party that dehumanizes minorities on a daily basis by being a member and defending them.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never get furries, its just too weird to me but this guy seems like a lovely person. Congrats to him, his skills in fighting games can't be denied. Hope to see more of him in the future.
Ditto. I've been creeped out by "mascot" characters ever since I was a little kid (sports teams, Twinkie the Kid, Grimace, etc.), and I'm equally repulsed by them as an adult. It's kind of like other people's hang ups with clowns. He seems like a sincere and nice enough guy, but I wouldn't get within a 100 feet of him in that suit.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

Buddy, if you're feeling offended by what he said, you may want to look at yourself in the mirror. Keep in mind you're expressing displeasure over being generalized as a republican, rather than what Sonicfox and other marginalized go through at the hands of Republicans. If all your concern is "I'm not the guilty one!" then you're part of the problem.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Buddy, if you're feeling offended by what he said, you may want to look at yourself in the mirror. Keep in mind you're expressing displeasure over being generalized as a republican, rather than what Sonicfox and other marginalized go through at the hands of Republicans. If all your concern is "I'm not the guilty one!" then you're part of the problem.
Hey buddy read again, I'm not offended one bit by fox. I love fox. Try again pls.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
You can vote for democrats all you want, you sill support a morally bankrupt political party that dehumanizes minorities on a daily basis by being a member and defending them.
Except for the part that I don't fund them, agree with them, or even vote for their representative at this point. So exactly what is my "support"

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Don't bring it up with us. Bring it up with the party you support and constantly attacks voting rights, representation and so on. You should be upset with the party of Donald Trump, not the guy who is q target for so many of their hateful policies and initiatives.
I do by voting for the other party, and doing my part in supporting lgbt rights. I'm saying that part of Fox's speech was inherently needed tho I personally have zero problem with what he said and appreciated it for how genuine n authentic it was.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I'm sure you love Fox. And you show your love by remaining a registered member of AND caping for a party promoting policies that harm him and human beings like him. I hope I don't have friends like you.
Caping how? I do not condone or believe in a single conservative social view, nor have I supported it. Spare me the pious slick.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do we really have someone claiming to be the one good Republican?

Like, dude being considered the good token is not something you call yourself.

And even then, voting of Obama/Hillary, your local Dem candidates and not being a bigot, why are you still a Republican?

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Good for him, but the fact that Serral wasn't even nominated or won shows that the award was pretty much meaningless. He is legitimately THE best player in the world at by far the hardest competitive Esport and there's no real room for any debate.
I think the reason Sonicfox deserves E-sports player of the year is because he competes in multiple games and not just competes but wins (Injustice,Dragonball Fighterz, Soul caliber, even came in top 10 in SFV) These are all very different games DBFZ being a 3v3, SCVI being a 3D fighter and Injustice being a 2.5D fighter. Many people who don't follow fighting games don't understand how crazy that is and downplay players who don't play the "popular" esports fps or RTS games. Imagine 1 player dominating Halo, Quake, CSGO, Call of Duty, and Overwatch.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
You are proud to declare yourself a registered Republican, and laid out a shoddy « not all republicans » argument as a call for civility?
I presented an example that I am someone who has been registered since high school, and don't believe a single bit of shit my party reps. I didn't shit on you or even fox for that matter. I said yah could maybe cool it a bit on saying an entire group clearly believes thing. I wouldn't look at it that simply.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Do we really have someone claiming to be the one good Republican?

Like, dude being considered the good token is not something you call yourself.

And even then, voting of Obama/Hillary, your local Dem candidates and not being a bigot, why are you still a Republican?
Lazyness I guess because I went to the dmv every time to register. in high school we had particiption in government for senior year and we filled registration forms, and the teacher weirdly said she can't pick your party for you, but hinted at go republican because town of islip (I'm from Long Island) is a republican town in nature and you might want government jobs in the area. Which is fucked, but that's how it started, and sure I probably should and will switch.

But the point wasn't I'm the lone guy. My assumption I'm not the only one who feels their party is being run by psychos and would be pro sonicfox.

Y'all have too itchy of a trigger finger.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I presented an example that I am someone who has been registered since high school, and don't believe a single bit of shit my party reps. I didn't shit on you or even fox for that matter. I said yah could maybe cool it a bit on saying an entire group clearly believes thing. I wouldn't look at it that simply.

I mean, the republican party has been advocating lteraly evil shit for multiple decades now, I have 0 respect for anyone staying tangentially related to that political party.

It can be easy for straight white people to get on board and plead for civility while being amember of a group that wants to strip people of their basic human rights, but fuck that noise.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
If you're literally only a republican on a database why even fucking bring it up and cape for them lmao jesus

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I mean, the republican party has been advocating lteraly evil shit for multiple decades now, I have 0 respect for anyone staying tangentially related to that political party.

It can be easy for straight white people to get on board and plead for civility while being amember of a group that wants to strip people of their basic human rights, but fuck that noise.
I'm not white, my fucking name is Gagandeep Singh. But sure, whatevs lad.

Bobinator

Oct 25, 2017
Still kinda amazed how many people here are acting like they have no idea what furries are in 2018. I swear this thread is like a flystrip for ignorant people or something. Anyway, SonicFox is the best and if ya'll don't agree that says a whole lot more about you than it does on him. Just saying.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Still kinda amazed how many people here are acting like they have no idea what furries are in 2018. I swear this thread is like a flystrip for ignorant people or something. Anyway, SonicFox is the best and if ya'll don't agree that says a whole lot more about you than it does on him. Just saying.
I wanna agree but then again not everybody is in the same pop culture sphere, even on Era

also *waves excessively in your general direction*

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Lazyness I guess because I went to the dmv every time to register. in high school we had particiption in government for senior year and we filled registration forms, and the teacher weirdly said she can't pick your party for you, but hinted at go republican because town of islip (I'm from Long Island) is a republican town in nature and you might want government jobs in the area. Which is fucked, but that's how it started, and sure I probably should and will switch.

But the point wasn't I'm the lone guy. My assumption I'm not the only one who feels their party is being run by psychos and would be pro sonicfox.

Y'all have too itchy of a trigger finger.
I don't understand what your argument is. You vote for all democrats, you dont support the republican party, and you arr against most of their major stances on important issues. Youre just a non-republican who has never updated your party affiliation. Obviously nobody dissing all republicans is talking about you.

Like, you really think that when people say "all republicans" they're talking about techincality shit like forgetting to update your official party affiliation when you are clearly not a republican anymore?

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Caping how? I do not condone or believe in a single conservative social view, nor have I supported it. Spare me the pious slick.

You're spending time and energy lecturing us on being civil to people who don't mind labeling themselves as republicans, including yourself. Putting importance into being "civil" than actually trying to convert members of your party into being decent human beings. I'm done dude, you can't even see how mad that is.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I think the reason Sonicfox deserves E-sports player of the year is because he competes in multiple games and not just competes but wins (Injustice,Dragonball Fighterz, Soul caliber, even came in top 10 in SFV) These are all very different games DBFZ being a 3v3, SCVI being a 3D fighter and Injustice being a 2.5D fighter. Many people who don't follow fighting games don't understand how crazy that is and downplay players who don't play the "popular" esports fps or RTS games. Imagine 1 player dominating Halo, Quake, CSGO, Call of Duty, and Overwatch.

And keep in mind this dude was regularly in top 8 in the short time he played SFV using FANG of all characters. He wasn't even putting his full focus into it. Most people who just focus on a single game might be extremely lucky to even get out of pools IN THEIR MAIN GAME. His talent and adaptability between fighting games is insane.