• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
As a Libertarian personally it really does bother me to see people cheer this sort of divisive stereotyping.

Everyone deserves our respect and our consideration. Intersectionality is a self-destructive force however. People should not categorize themselves based on their immutable characteristics: they should do so based on their thoughts and opinions.
Hmm I wonder why our country is so divisive right now. IT'S A REAL FUCKING MYSTERY
yamiche-1.jpg

white-supremacists-march-university-virginia-vibe-1502542761-640x427-1507472726-compressed.jpg

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Are you fucking serious right now?
okay, sorry, I'm from Canada but go to the USA alot. I'm pretty sure I've met a bunch of Trump voters of different ethnicities who seemed like pretty regular people. Wasnt Hillary against gay rights and marriage ,too or did I misread that in the news. Sorry for any derailment , It seems like American voters had some pretty poor choices this time around. This is all from a Canadian perspective so I'm sorry if i'm off base

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As a Libertarian personally it really does bother me to see people cheer this sort of divisive stereotyping.

Everyone deserves our respect and our consideration. Intersectionality is a self-destructive force however. People should not categorize themselves based on their immutable characteristics: they should do so based on their thoughts and opinions.
The GOP just threw hard support behind a candidate that said she would love to go to a lynching.

Rep Steve King long time GOP member can't stop repeating Whtie Nationalist talking points

Jeff Sessions was declared too racist to be a federal judge in 1986 was the groups top lawyer.

I mean if there is smoke, maybe there is fire.

othersteve

Oct 29, 2017
The GOP should stop pushing bigoted, ignorant, con men as their brand then.
There are respectable people on both sides. Not all of them, and perhaps not even most of them. But we have much to learn from each other, regardless of our political leanings—and until we come to accept that, the division we're currently experiencing as a nation (and the destruction of the social fabric) is never going to heal.

Take it or leave it, but from the perspective of someone who is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, there is a lot wrong with both "sides" right now.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Joined last October
Only 6 posts
Decides to complain about identity politics

Boy oh boy this sure looks fishy

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was so cringy throughout his acceptance, I guess at the very least it made sense as a way to have the confidence to go up instead of a stunt. Though he may have been convinced fans or friends to make it a stunt, I don't know, but it was the most reminiscent moment of the Spike Game Awards of this show. Nothing else got even close to that level of cringe

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
SonicFox for sure deserves this but the mayor of Duff City, the possibility postulator, the cooker of bad mamma jammas SMUG is still #1 in my heart.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Yeah let's just box in every republican as a homophobic, racist bigot. Seriously just cringe.... Everything's gotta be political. I hope we get over identity politics it only divides.

The good republicans all renounced their party when it became the party of Trump and switched to independents or democrats or whatever.

I hope you're not a republican. I hope you're just a foolish centrist.

And you should just never utter the words "identity politics" again unless someone gives you permission. For your own good...

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Weird.
I thought conservatives love furry fetish the most.
I guess thing has changed from the 90s then.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing speech. Dude was so happy.

Maaaaan... Some well deserved bans in here. YouTube's salty as hell as well.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
There are respectable people on both sides. Not all of them, and perhaps not even most of them. But we have much to learn from each other, regardless of our political leanings—and until we come to accept that, the division we're currently experiencing as a nation (and the destruction of the social fabric) is never going to heal.

Take it or leave it, but from the perspective of someone who is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, there is a lot wrong with both "sides" right now.

Ahh yes the one side that supports a despot wannabe with dreams of a fascist state and is trying to ignore climate change, push bigotry as a platform is just as bad as the other. Then again I consider most Libertarians in the US to be ashamed Republicans who like pot.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
I guess my feeling, having mulled it over a bit, is people shouldn't be angry at someone for having a sincere opinion. I feel they deserve that respect.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
My boi Sonicfox is a gay black furry who will mix your shit in fighting games

Seriously though, he deserves it.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This moment was great, I only had a cursory knowledge of them because of evo2018. This was super cool.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even an American , it's hilarious how you can only be a Democrat or a Republican to the core.

I mean, that's what happens when one party puts literal babies in camps and has them literally stand deportation proceedings, ban transgendered individuals from military service, wants to strip health care even from their own constituents and other things, and the other party... doesn't want to do any of those things

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how sensitive do you have to be to be offended by a small comment like "Pretty much everything a republican hates."

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sure are a whole bunch of people in here mad that the White Dude Grievance Party got called out live on stream, presumably because a hit dog is hollering or because they don't wanna do any kind of reflection of their family members in said party

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
This guy is a legend. He beats his opponents and then puts on his furry mask like yeah, this is who I am, and I beat you.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, that's what happens when one party puts literal babies in camps and has them literally stand deportation proceedings, ban transgendered individuals from military service, wants to strip health care even from their own constituents and other things, and the other party... doesn't want to do any of those things
It's honestly as black and white as this right here. Either you support a party that cages children, openly discriminates against Muslims and Mexicans and trans people, happily accepts the support of actual unironic Neonazis, and denies urgent science that could prevent catastrophic loss of life... or you don't.

Anyone who tries to both sides this shit is a fool and a moral failure. Or a sociopath.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was so cringy throughout his acceptance, I guess at the very least it made sense as a way to have the confidence to go up instead of a stunt. Though he may have been convinced fans or friends to make it a stunt, I don't know, but it was the most reminiscent moment of the Spike Game Awards of this show. Nothing else got even close to that level of cringe

Please, do elaborate on what the "stunt" was. I'm eager to hear this.

Scherzo

Nov 27, 2017
Lol an opinion being "sincere" doesn't make it any less dumb or completely off-base.

No, I do not have to respect stupid, uninformed opinions.

Sorry, I was talking about SonicFox. I was saying that people shouldn't be angry at him just because he says something they don't personally agree with.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
This was the best moment of the show for me. He was genuinely happy and it was great that he isn't unashamed of who he is. He deserved it!

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
People are only cringing at their own insecurities.

Respect to Sonicfox, I know for sure some of the FGC will dislike this, but who cares about them.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That was absolutely cringe
Just because it seems to have personally offended you doesn't make it a "stunt" or "cringe", buddy

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i've love to see your list of what is "wrong" with both sides right now. hopefully as you start to write it out you realize how fucking stupid a "both sides" stance is.