• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Inform me about what is so unbelievable
The fact thatt you had to go through the entire Rob Ford affair and still end up being like "MAN! Everyone's different but these problems seem to be stemming from a variety of people (which they're not) and I just can't figure out how this is a problem!".

Man. Read a paper and get out of my face.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
There are respectable people on both sides. Not all of them, and perhaps not even most of them. But we have much to learn from each other, regardless of our political leanings—and until we come to accept that, the division we're currently experiencing as a nation (and the destruction of the social fabric) is never going to heal.

Take it or leave it, but from the perspective of someone who is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, there is a lot wrong with both "sides" right now.
This may be the most "BOTH SIDES" comment ever written on here haha

Tell me what is respectable about being racist or enabling racism. What is respectable about supporting kids being thrown in cages.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Sonicfox's comments were great. More people need to make a habit of calling America's biggest hate group out on what it is instead of letting disingenuous fucks pretend it's a functional political party.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad he won, seems like a good dude. The bit in the speech where he talked about not being in it for the money and bringing up giving 10k to his opponent for his dad's cancer treatment...kinda came off like he was fishing for applause. Probably just because he was nervous. I remember being impressed by that when someone made the thread highlighting it a while back.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The dude acted exactly how he always has in front of big crowds. He was nervous and silly like this at Evo and other majors in the past (when he was given time to cool down after popping off from big wins at least). I don't have a problem with his clearly heartfelt speech. It wasn't professional, but it was clearly from and by him. Go SonicFox.

Anyone that's mad about it should just go back to the lab and get better than him at the games if they want this glory for themselves. The dude is a legend. He's apparently also a gay & a furry. Whatever. He still is the best there's ever been at almost EVERY FIGHTING GAME ON THE PLANET. Insane accomplishment. Totally deserving of an award.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
There are respectable people on both sides. Not all of them, and perhaps not even most of them. But we have much to learn from each other, regardless of our political leanings—and until we come to accept that, the division we're currently experiencing as a nation (and the destruction of the social fabric) is never going to heal.

Take it or leave it, but from the perspective of someone who is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, there is a lot wrong with both "sides" right now.
Yeah, I sure do think that both sides are being unreasonable, what with one wanting to deport, incarcerate and stigmatize minorities and the other wanting basic human rights and social benefits. Man, I wonder why anyone would think one side is more evil?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to see the people who are bothered by this once the trending gamer award curse does its thing and ninja becomes a public racist.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
As a Libertarian personally it really does bother me to see people cheer this sort of divisive stereotyping.

Everyone deserves our respect and our consideration. Intersectionality is a self-destructive force however. People should not categorize themselves based on their immutable characteristics: they should do so based on their thoughts and opinions.

There is a division between white supremacists and good people.

There is NO FUCKING MIDDLE GROUND! How hard is this to grasp, man?

There is nothing to be learned from nazis, white supremacists, racists, homophobic, transphobic, and misogynistic people.

NOTHING!

This is one of those rare, easy cases of right or wrong. You know, like slavery was either right or wrong, NO FUCKING middle ground!

Oh wait, wtf? I'm arguing with a libertarian...ya'll don't live in reality. Not sure whose beliefs are the most laughable, Libertarians or Anarchists.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm admittedly ignorant on the esports circuit since I don't follow it, but I respect this SonicFox fellow.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017

7 posts
Joined October 29th 2017

Try harder

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Could feel the genuine excitement coming from him while he was giving his speech.
Grats to SFox and what he represents.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MK11 reveal and Sonicfox's biggest public appearance on the same show. Perfect.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for him. Really, i couldn't imagine anyone else winning. Guy is a god in so many fighting games.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate the term "too political" so much. Just come out and say you don't want to be bothered with the plight of people that aren't you.

Good on my man, Sonicfox.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who doesn't understand why people wouldn't want to associate with the gamer label?

7CMDG8M.png

2Xbwrs3.png

This is why.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Lol

I don't have shit to learn from people who hate me and don't wanna give me equal rights. Also it's 2018, socially liberal isn't some great revolutionary label anymore. Maybe you could learn from actual academia and realize financial conservatism is in opposition to being socially liberal along with not actually working. Like. Ever. In all of history.

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
This is a great result given the controversy around Ninja, boogie et al that threatened to overshadow the show.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone who doesn't understand why people wouldn't want to associate with the gamer label?

7CMDG8M.png

2Xbwrs3.png

This is why.
That's kid's gloves compared to a lot of the shit he's gonna get.

"Oh yeah? I hate black and gay people? I'll show you how wrong you are by calling you black anf gay slurs!"

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's fair to call all Republicans fascists and racists for the same reason it's fair to say all [American] cops are bastards: Even the so-called "good ones" aren't standing in opposition to their worst elements. They are all complicit at best.