• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scissors611

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
User Banned (1 month): homophobia
Much preferred Ninja's speech. This was incredibly cringe.

It really was. I don't mind someone being themselves but he came off as the smallest person in the room. Standing up for something not a single person in there would oppose publicly.

Supergay? Cmon man geez. Never knew there was levels to your homosexuality. I say that with respect. No one is less a human for being gay but don't make it a point to prove your gayness. Especially in the gaming community which is very diverse at a gamer level.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
User Warned: Inflammatory Comparison
The only furry people I've met were very interested in sex with animals. Is that... common among them? If yes, it would make me wonder about the support of furries here, lol.
Because sex with animals is as uncool as pedophilia(?).

Besides that, dude seemed pretty honest and grounded, just being excited and himself. Haven't seen any of his fighterz matches before. Now I have, and yeah, deserved award. Hype stuff.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not even an American , it's hilarious how you can only be a Democrat or a Republican to the core.
Maybe don't try and come in here and tell people who have lived their lives in this country and know the political system like the back of their hand stupid. I'm not a democrat to my "core" many aren't. But when it's between every bad policy and rhetoric you can possibly think of and a parry that is center left and has missteps it's easy for foreigners to miss why tribalism is a thing here. It's because one tribe wants to wipe the other off the map.

Or you could take an American gov intro course and be educated on how our current political system operates from elections to legislation and how anything other than a 2 party system isn't possible until some sweeping changes are made.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

Keeping it classy.

Never heard of this person as I only half watch SF tournaments and no other fighting games. A lot of people here seem to be happy he won, good for him and you. Serral was robbed though. Ended 20 years of Korean sole dominance in Starcraft. Literally dominated everything he touched this year. Not even a nomination. SMH @ VGA.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
His positivity and realness was a breath of fresh air for this show when they relegated the rest of the eSports awards to side stage fodder.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really was. I don't mind someone being themselves but he came off as the smallest person in the room. Standing up for something not a single person in there would oppose publicly.

Supergay? Cmon man geez. Never knew there was levels to your homosexuality. I say that with respect. No one is less a human for being gay but don't make it a point to prove your gayness. Especially in the gaming community which is very diverse at a gamer level.
parody account

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about e-sports, put a smile at my face thou. Is there some documentary on this guy I could watch? Nice to see some love in this thread.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

He's not proving anything. His identity means a fuckton to him. He's loud and proud every day. A big part of that is not giving a fuck if that offends some.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

giphy.gif

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Very hard to watch. But I get it...
Question is, where was his publicist?
How many sponsors, if any did he lose tonight?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you made a Venn diagram between people here who are offended by Sonic Fox's comments and are eager to cape for Milo Yianopolos, it would be a circle.

Kanashimi

Dec 8, 2017
I'm not familiar with the guy, but I just wish it had a little bit more tact. It is an award show, and it feels like Geoff tries to make it more and more professional every year (but I'm also the stick in the mud that wishes the show had a dress code). Anywho, congrats on his win. At least it didn't feel as predictable as some of the other awards.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Because I prefer that option? It's hilarious how incredibly suspicious you are and how you are grilling me for such a reason. Why?
yeah I'm generally suspicious of people who have their profiles hidden because they tend to be functionally incapable of arguing in good faith

but go off about "grilling" like you ain't a hit dog hollering here wrt SonicFox's comments

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the guy, but I just wish it had a little bit more tact. It is an award show, and it feels like Geoff tries to make it more and more professional every year (but I'm also the stick in the mud that wishes the show had a dress code). Anywho, congrats on his win. At least it didn't feel as predictable as some of the other awards.

This show would be boring as fuck if everyone and everything had to look and behave "professionally".

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Ian said in that thread that he wasn't a conservative he's a classical liberal and now falls center right because the left was taken ovee by identity politics!

Who wants to tell him classical liberalism was never leftist his entire life.

Lol you always get these folks who call themselves "classical liberals", but it just conservatives that use a more appealing and trendy label. It's obvious to everyone that they are right-wing, but them.