• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Ian said in that thread that he wasn't a conservative he's a classical liberal and now falls center right because the left was taken ovee by identity politics!

Who wants to tell him classical liberalism was never leftist his entire life.

Lol I love that grift

For those that don't know:
Ian is right wing because he needed money and Anita Sarkeesian criticized Witcher 3

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The black was obvious but I never knew about the rest, good for him.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Look I supposedly totally agree with him but the fact that his speech wasn't completely prepared, he came out with an animal head, and that he told each and every scum shit white nationalist child imprisoning Republican to go and completely fuck themselves simply gave me the vapors!

Oct 27, 2017
Fox is cringe as fuck but he's a God at something and will fucking destroy you. You are ALLOWED to be that cringe when you're that good at something.

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of cringe, how does he compare to the majority of trending gamers?
Idk. On a surface level he wears a fur suit everywhere so probably worse. I see what you're getting at and cringe doesn't mean you're a bad person. In that aspect he seems to be one of the better ones. I mean he's black so the likelihood of him being an alt-right douche is low.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
People complaining about Sonic Fox being cringe when the whole video game awards is just a whole cringe fest. He was being real and is the best thing that happened during this show

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Idk. On a surface level he wears a fur suit everywhere so probably worse. I see what you're getting at and cringe doesn't mean you're a bad person. In that aspect he seems to be one of the better ones. I mean he's black so the likelihood of him being an alt-right douche is low.

In a year/organizational event that rewarded a female exclusionary, n word dropping streamer as best content creator, a gay, black EVO champion got up and front and told Republicans to go fuck themselves.

You tell me where the cringe is.

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought I'd see the day in which being a furry could be used against someone else
The dude is amazing, but the suit is still high caliber cringe. But that's his schtick, and we all know who the guy in furry suit is, so I guess it's working for him

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm genuinely happy for him. Seems like a super nice kid and just being himself. Humble, and generous. From what I have seen and read kid is always smiling and happy. Good for him

Oct 27, 2017
*hint: the true cringe was supporting bigots and their sympathizers in a multi million dollar event that itself is cringe as fuck*
... when the fuck did I say anything in favor of that shit? Quit desperately trying to uncover something. Also nice implication in that last post by only mentioning how he's gay and black so that's why I called him cringe ant not because he's a FURRY.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Honestly, my first reaction was, "One of those things is not like the other". I guess I'm showing the last bit of conservatism I have left. It was a funny joke even if I'm sure there's someone out there feeling hurt over it (and will add it to the proof of liberals' "persecution" of them or the "unfair bias of free speech" had the roles been reversed). I can agree there was some cringe (for me), but the dude was just being who he is and excited about the win. I can't really hate on that. He's a great player and deserved it.

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly that was my favorite part of the whole show. Good goin Sonic fox you deserve it.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Man I fucking love SonicFox.

I only got into fighting games this year (DBFZ, hello) and very quickly he became part of, well, my gaming life, because of that. Man he's just such a cool fuckin' dude. I wish I could be a fraction of how awesome he is. And I'm not talking about his skills at fighting games (though, uh, yeah, I'd gladly take that, too, haaaaisuck).

Laughed out loud when he dropped that Republican burn. Fuck Republicans.

Hell yeah SonicFox. You a true hero.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
It was two non-Americans who started the argument at early part of the thread.

Also he specifically called out Republicans in his speech.

So...

Please. The guy made one small joke during his speech mentioning Republicans and it was clearly not the point of his talk, and yet, here it's in the title of the thread. This thread is not about a black gay man getting an award - which it should be about. The thread is about US local politics.

The point of this news should be that a cool person got a reward and, even better, this person is black and gay and that is really great. That's why I said the thread is America-centric while SonicFox's speech wasn't. That's what I liked about what he said and what him getting the award represents: it's has global meaning. Having a person who is not white and who is gay win an award and be super cool about it - that's the news, that is cool for the planet. That's the point. Not the fact that he made a small joke about Republicans (and it really was a small joke) because, honestly, most of us outside USA don't give a fuck about Republicans. I get it, they suck - but believe me, we have our own "Republicans" to deal with in our own countries.

So why not celebrate the fact that a black, gay dude won an award and was fun and funny, instead of making it about USA. And, again, may I remind you that it's literally in the thread title?

Either way, don't want to debate this further, I'm just contributing to making this discussion not about SonicFox. Once again - good for him and glad someone like him won.

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It was a good speech. He was obviously nervous but got over it half way.

Thread also helped me add users to my block list so that's always a plus.

Also I guess I was always a subtle furry XD Furry in spirit.
8095.jpg

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really fucking stupid thing of him to say.

Why?

Along with a few of the indie developers it was one of the only authentic things said all night.

What should be criticized is the heads of the console manufacturers standing on stage making a "all gamers are united" speech when they should have said can some gamers stop harassing women, minorities and gays online please.

Oct 27, 2017
Literally everything is political.
Everything is political, but for some people outside of the US like me it's amusing to watch this constant 'war' you're having between the left and the right because you're all very vocal about it, regardless of the situation.

It's not quite like that here, but then again we don't have Trump for president.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Ohh fuck this topic is bringing out all the hidden gems of this forum. "Keep politics out of gaming" lol. Anyway I love everything I hear about Sonicfox. When asked "How can I be as good as you." he'll just reply "Be gay." His Twitter is a constant source of enjoyment just from peoples reaction for following it for a couple of weeks. "A blowup." I don't have much of a handle for his personality and that's okay but even despite that his public persona is someone I feel like I'm laughing with and not at.