• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh the fiscally conservative socially liberal conservative. AKA you I see your struggles but I care about my money more. AKA I have the appearance of caring about you but I won't spare a dollar to prove it.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
You're spending time and energy lecturing us on being civil to people who don't mind labeling themselves as republicans, including yourself. Putting importance into being "civil" than actually trying to convert members of your party into being decent human beings. I'm done dude, you can't even see how mad that is.
Actually at this point you all are lecturing me, I do my part by who n what I vote for and condemning any bigots.

And I get that some of the posters here are coding with the "not all blah blah routine" so I played with some fire. But I still think the universal condemning route of half the countries voting population is all that healthy either.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Lazyness I guess because I went to the dmv every time to register. in high school we had particiption in government for senior year and we filled registration forms, and the teacher weirdly said she can't pick your party for you, but hinted at go republican because town of islip (I'm from Long Island) is a republican town in nature and you might want government jobs in the area. Which is fucked, but that's how it started, and sure I probably should and will switch.

But the point wasn't I'm the lone guy. My assumption I'm not the only one who feels their party is being run by psychos and would be pro sonicfox.

Y'all have too itchy of a trigger finger.
Ohhhh, because there are lazy people out there who've never been bothered by their political party affiliation because politics effects them so little they can't be bothered to switch parties, people can't be critical of the GOP and their policies that are literally killing POC and LGBT people on a daily basis at this point.

You're right, your position is totally valid and we should all be more considerate of lazy people.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I don't understand what your argument is. You vote for all democrats, you dont support the republican party, and you arr against most of their major stances on important issues. Youre just a non-republican who has never updated your party affiliation. Obviously nobody dissing all republicans is talking about you.

Like, you really think that when people say "all republicans" they're talking about techincality shit like forgetting to update your official party affiliation when you are clearly not a republican anymore?
Sure, you're right my example is lazyness. But I still don't think I'm the only one who maybe registered and feels he or she isn't properly represented by their party. Is all I was trying to say. Poorly I guess. And that I think the shit some of the people are giving other posters here is a bit much.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Ohhhh, because there are lazy people out there who've never been bothered by their political party affiliation because politics effects them so little they can't be bothered to switch parties, people can't be critical of the GOP and their policies that are literally killing POC and LGBT people on a daily basis at this point.

You're right, your position is totally valid and we should all be more considerate of lazy people.
I didn't say you couldn't be critical of the party, the gop, or policy. : |

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
But I still think the universal condemning route of half the countries voting population is all that healthy either.

If they support a government that puts children in cages and want to strip away abortion rights and LGBTQ rights, I think it's more than healthy to condemn those people, it's a moral imperative.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, you're right my example is lazyness. But I still don't think I'm the only one who maybe registered and feels he or she isn't properly represented by their party. Is all I was trying to say. Poorly I guess. And that I think the shit some of the people are giving other posters here is a bit much.
You do realize normal people who don't feel like their party is representing them anymore do this magical thing called switching parties, right?

You're still arguing that a sizable portion of Republicans are just too darned lazy to switch like you therefore the entire party can't be criticized.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
SonicFox had one of the best VGA appearances of all time! Of all time!

Also, you would have to be in denial to think what he opined about 'republicans' in the United States was somehow not representative of reality.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
You do realize normal people who don't feel like their party is representing them anymore do this magical thing called switching parties, right?

You're still arguing that a sizable portion of Republicans are just too darned lazy to switch like you therefore the entire party can't be criticized.
I'm not saying you can't criticize them. You can be critical without being condescending and a dick fam.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
Republicans in this thread and on the Internet that took offense to this while their president puts kids in cages should all take a good long look in the mirror.

I mean there are legit criticisms you can label exclusively to the Republican party, but Obama was also ok putting migrant children in cages. So the real people who should look in the mirror are the political representatives on both sides who let that slide for all this time (or still support it), while plenty of average Americans across both sides of the political spectrum have been against this.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I still think the universal condemning route of half the countries voting population is all that healthy either.

If you associate with the republican party as it is NOW -- a white nationalist party that puts children in cages -- You're immoral. "Good people republicans" who may exist have left the party. If you're still carrying water for what the party is now you're not a good person.

And, yes, I know nearly half of the voting population (which isn't half the country, mind you, just half the country who votes) support a white nationalist regime. It's unfortunate, but we have to call it what it is.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
You are proud to declare yourself a registered Republican, and laid out a shoddy « not all republicans » argument as a call for civility?
If he's been voting Democrat for the president positions he's not automatically a dipshit like the typical Republican. I still wonder who he votes for in congressional/rep positions.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I mean there are legit criticisms you can label exclusively to the Republican party, but Obama was also ok putting migrant children in cages. So the real people who should look in the mirror are the political representatives on both sides who let that slide for all this time (or still support it), while plenty of average Americans across both sides of the political spectrum have been against this.

Oh Obama started the policy of systematic family seperstion? You have a link to support this, or you just think trying to make a moral equivalence between the Republicans and Democrats makes you look rational?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
If you associate with the republican party as it is NOW -- a white nationalist party that puts children in cages -- You're immoral. "Good people republicans" who may exist have left the party. If you're still carrying water for what the party is now you're not a good person.

And, yes, I know nearly half of the voting population (which isn't half the country, mind you, just half the country who votes) support a white nationalist regime. It's unfortunate, but we have to call it what it is.
If he voted for "Hitlery" (Republican trademark) instead of Baby Donny it's clear he isn't immoral. He is though someone who wants the party to be something it isn't and arguably has never been. He used his political power against the power he's registered with.

To put this another way. Around 10% of registered Democrats voted for Trump. These assclowns aren't immoral because they have a D next to their name? That's how silly your and everyone else's reductionism is.

Jun 12, 2018
I'm legit confused why Republicans in this thread are so butthurt.

Like, you do realize that even if you are okay with gay and black people, THE PEOPLE YOU'RE VOTING FOR AREN'T, right? To SonicFox, the fact that you vote for them makes it so that you're no different from them.

I'm only black, I can't even imagine being black AND gay AND a furry. I can't even be mad at him for that comment considering what he's dealt with his whole life from half of the population.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't know what good you think "But Obama" does, especially since nobody brought up there aren't other people aren't complicit in bad immigration policy.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
No he wasn't ok with. No he didn't mandate it. You're equivocation is meaningless.

Why those families were locked up together was a consequence of needing to detain them in some manor until they can be released.

The Trump admin purposefully separated families to deliberately harm those families and those children are now being psychologically scarred from their ongoing experiences.

Also most of those separated families are being held indefinitely and in vastly greater numbers than the brief few weeks with humane treatment that happened during Obama's watch.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017

I guess I agree with what you say to a point. For instance in your view I may be carrying water for them, but I don't.

Beyond that sure I think it's terrifying so much of this nation couldn't get over disliking Hillary to focus on what a bigot trump n the gop are, or are straight up bigots themselves.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
❤ Republicans more concerned by being lumped with homophobic racists than the fact that there are so many homophobic racists to lump them with. Wonder why they're taking things up with the gay black man instead of the hateful straight white men giving them such a bad name. 🤔

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Also democrat. I voted LiUba Gretchen Shirley, but Peter King won my district.
Ah cool, a fellow New Yorker. At some point though I think you may have to switch registration because they clearly aren't serving your interests and I can bet money right now they never will at the federal level.

One of the newest problems I'm seeing now is that the white supremacists who were tepid about the Republican party's tamer approach flocked to it in greater numbers thanks to Trump. For them it won't matter that Trump is a traitor to their country because the country doesn't support white nationalism at the level they want it to. That influx of degenerates is going to poison the primary process and ensure you are far less likely of getting someone like the Bushes.

Even then, frankly, the way those types of Republicans handled capitalism really doesn't make sense. Our Democratic candidates end up having to clean up their messes. Our economies got much better under Clinton and would've been maximized better if Hillary had been able to continue what Obama got started.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Ah cool, a fellow New Yorker. At some point though I think you may have to switch registration because they clearly aren't serving your interests and I can bet money right now they never will at the federal level.

One of the newest problems I'm seeing now is that the white supremacists who were tepid about the Republican party's tamer approach flocked to it in greater numbers thanks to Trump. For them it won't matter that Trump is a traitor to their country because the country doesn't support white nationalism at the level they want it to. That influx of degenerates is going to poison the primary process and ensure you are far less likely of getting someone like the Bushes.

Even then, frankly, the way those types of Republicans handled capitalism really doesn't make sense. Our Democratic candidates end up having to clean up their messes. Our economies got much better under Clinton and would've been maximized better if Hillary had been able to continue what Obama got started.
Yeah I'm seeing that, I just thought that this thread wasn't exclusively putting down the bigots trying to give fox shit but was going over board on how some of the posters were getting shit. Little did I know I would get shit from people who know nothing about me outside of one thing, but were more or less a minute away from calling me a bigot.

Ideally there wouldn't be a two party system, or first past the post, but that's another can of worms.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what good you think "But Obama" does, especially since nobody brought up there aren't other people aren't complicit in bad immigration policy.

If representatives on both sides were in favor of and complicit in the caging of children, telling only Republicans to look into the mirror is a hypocritical generalization at worst, and a moot point at best.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
BeaconofTruth, from reading all your previous posts in this thread, the thing I'm really confused about is why you actually consider yourself "Republican" in the first place? As you mentioned, you voted for Obama and Hillary, and you're Pro- many of the things the GOP are not, plus you're not white and the actions of the party towards POC have been mentioned plenty of times before in this thread.

With all that considered, surely you should consider yourself "Democrat" in most if not every sense? You posted earlier that you consider yourself a capitalist, but I don't see what makes that incompatible wIth the Dems? I mean, like, so what if you're on a database somewhere on a GOP system? Genuinely, no shade, I don't get it.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does he use that costume like a rasslin' outfit at tournaments? Must be quite intimidating or at least distracting lol.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
If representatives on both sides were in favor of and complicit in the caging of children, telling only Republicans to look into the mirror is a hypocritical generalization at worst, and a moot point at best.
One of the sides is not like the other. It doesn't serve any good to start demonizing our side when there are literal Nazis on the other side, and the rest of them support the Nazis. There is no hypocrisy there. Obama hasn't been President for years, we have a real and pressing issue to attend to right now, not to sit and tut tut Obama. Please don't start with the "both sides" stuff.

pretty much everything republicans hate

"attacked"

Because Boogie felt attacked by that statement personally. He knows what side he's on.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he voted for "Hitlery" (Republican trademark) instead of Baby Donny it's clear he isn't immoral. He is though someone who wants the party to be something it isn't and arguably has never been. He used his political power against the power he's registered with.

To put this another way. Around 10% of registered Democrats voted for Trump. These assclowns aren't immoral because they have a D next to their name? That's how silly your and everyone else's reductionism is.

That's not the same logic. The democratic party as an institution doesn't support trump or his platform. Those individuals who voted for Trump are immoral, but the act of identifying with the party isn't. Identifying as a member of a white nationalist party is immoral. It feels weird that this has to be explained

Again, "good people republicans" are called something else now -- ex-republicans. Being a republican in 2018 means something entirely different than it did ten or twenty years ago.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Based on what you've said here, you're not a republican, regardless of what your outdated registration says. No need to cling to the label for technical reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I think some of you guys can cool it a bit on the "all republican thing". Personally I am registered republican since I graduated high school. And economically I'm a capitalist by nature(I do accounting for a living), but socially I'm not conservative at all.

I am pro gay rights, pro choice, pro trans rights, and I'm Indian so it goes without saying I'm not exactly team Nazi either.

I love Fox's speech and routinely watch his stuff. I sat through ips finals for a game I do not like, I don't find all that fun to watch, because the foxiest of the hounds was in the top 8. Now that might make me more rino than repub, but the point is it's not that crazy or a concept to think there are republicans who don't actually agree with the current state of their party.

I fucking voted Obama n Hillary the last 3 elections (mind you the only elections I could legally). I think his speech would have been just as effective without the jab. Now let's be real most of the shit he is getting has nothing to do with the jab. It's mostly been about being gay. And fuck those people for being bigots.

Since Nixon's Southern Strategy 50 years ago the GOP has been pretty single minded and unified in it's positions. Do we need to wait another half century before we judge people who choose to associate and support the Republican party?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
"But Hillary" defenses doesn't fly in the court of public opinion just as much as it won't fly in actual court for the doofus you're stanning for.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
BeaconofTruth, from reading all your previous posts in this thread, the thing I'm really confused about is why you actually consider yourself "Republican" in the first place? As you mentioned, you voted for Obama and Hillary, and you're Pro- many of the things the GOP are not, plus you're not white and the actions of the party towards POC have been mentioned plenty of times before in this thread.

With all that considered, surely you should consider yourself "Democrat" in most if not every sense? I mean, like, so what if you're on a database somewhere on a GOP system? Genuinely, no shade, I don't get it.
I guess I don't at this point, like I said I registered based on a teachers suggestion which I am now old enough to know is pretty fucked. I never bothered to change it because something she said always stuck with me is that once you in the voting booth no one actually knows who you voting for and you can vote whoever.

How I always looked at it, 2016s election was the first time I made more of a real effort to follow politics. Because I couldn't a clown was running for president, and mostly because I never enjoyed how heated political convos could get.

I only brought up my own registration, because I find the behavior here a bit harsh on that stuff. That can't be the end game where we win we get equal rights, and then what? Like fam you still have to go to work with people who vote republican, smile to them, maybe converse with some of them.

I had no beef with what Fox said, tho mildly could understand wanting fox to have not taken the jab. Most of the people giving him shit aren't focusing on the jab, they are focusing on him being gay. And fuck those people.

But I guess rather be foolish enough to think half/less than half of the voting population can be taught n changed as opposed to just shat on n condemned. Was the only reason I brought up my own registration.

Marauder85

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Auckland, NZ
This all just tells me America needs some more political parties. Both of the main ones are pretty awful. One is much worse, but there has to be something better than what you have.

South Park's Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich mascot vote always springs to mind.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Does that make people who dislike furries but have no issues with black or gay people 1/3 Republican? Asking for a friend who is curious 0_o

Oct 25, 2017
"A group of 16 states urged the U.S. Supreme Court Aug. 23 to rule that companies can fire workers based on their sexual orientation and gender identity without violating federal workplace discrimination law."

"The states, led by Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson, asked the justices to overturn an appeals court decision against a Michigan funeral home that fired a transgender worker. They said Congress didn't intend the ban on sex discrimination in Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act to cover bias against lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender employees."

"A total of 13 Republican attorneys general, including those representing Texas, Alabama, Kansas, and Utah, signed on to the brief. Three GOP governors—Matthew Bevin (Kentucky), Paul LePage (Maine), and Phil Bryant (Mississippi)—also joined in the court filing."

"The Supreme Court is expected to decide in the coming months whether to take up the case. It's also been asked to consider two other cases testing whether sexual orientation bias is a form of sex discrimination banned under the existing law."

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/states-ask-supreme-court-to-limit-lgbt-protection

Republicans work tirelessly to find new and creative ways to make life harder for LGBT people.

Oct 25, 2017
This all just tells me America needs some more political parties. Both of the main ones are pretty awful. One is much worse, but there has to be something better than what you have.

South Park's Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich mascot vote always springs to mind.

That false dichotomy only applies to people who have the privilege to be fully insulated from the effects of Republican policy.

I don't *get* to wax lyrical about "both sides" when one of them, among many other deplorable actions, has repeatedly tried to make it legal to fire me from my job just because bigotry against of my sexual orientation or gender identity.

Marauder85

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Auckland, NZ
Republicans work tirelessly to find new and creative ways to make life harder for LGBT people.

Religion is probably to blame. Most evangelical bible-literalists are republican. The sooner the world teaches people to think critically and not try to stick to tradition and outdated dogma 'just because', the sooner the world will be a better place.

Marauder85

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Auckland, NZ
That false dichotomy only applies to people who have the privilege to be fully insulated from the effects of Republican policy.

I don't *get* to wax lyrical about "both sides" when one of them, among many other deplorable actions, has repeatedly tried to make it legal to fire me from my job just because bigotry against of my sexual orientation or gender identity.

I'm not saying 'both sides' in the way you're thinking. Compared to the UK, the democrats are probably centre-right, and the republicans are far right. The democrats are obviously a better, and currently probably the only sensible, choice. But they are still too corrupt and afraid of change for my tastes. The fact that you can't have an openly atheist leader of either party still is rather scary to me.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I still don't understand who you're defending or what your argument is. When people condemn republicans, they aren't also condemning people who registered repub a long time ago but now consider themselves unaffiliated and vote mostly democrat. This seems like a really dumb stance to have.