• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
From Upload VR:

Sony's Yoshida: PSVR Titles With 'Deeper Gaming' Will Increase Going Forward

In an interview with the Japanese PlayStation Blog for last week's Tokyo Game Show (roughly translated via Google), Sony's Head of Worldwide Studios explained that many PSVR games up to this point have been smaller experiences, but the appetite for larger games is growing.

"Users will not want a short experience, they will want to have a game to play for a longer time," Yoshida said. "Based on such expectations, I came up with the strategy of making full-scale games of larger scale in the 2nd and 3rd years."

Yoshida referenced titles like the recently-released (and very excellent) Firewall Zero Hour and the upcoming Astro Bot Rescue Mission as the beginnings of that plan. "Titles with deeper gaming will continue to increase in the future," he added.

It's good to hear that Sony is continuing to invest further into PSVR. :) The future seems to be bright.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Well, I'm planning to buy a PSVR for Deracine so I'm glad they will keep investing on it.
I'm ok with short or long experiences as long as they are good.

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good to hear. Hopefully they help make 3rd-party VR games longer too. I was really bummed with how short Arkham VR and Moss were.

I'm ok with short experiences too for movie games like The Inpatient.

Last edited:

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
"PSVR 2 for PS5 with new technology introducing the new re-designed, detachable Dualshock controllers" (let me dream)

I see them going all in on VR for Next gen and make PSVR their "Kinect" while holding to that $399 price tag for dear life.

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Good stuff, I'm loving their VR development. Going to get one before Christmas with a bunch of games.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That goes to all the arm chair analyst tht say PSVR is ending up another Vita. I don't even know why you hear lol saying tht when PSVR has been getting a steady stream of games, some even really good like that new FPS game ppl have been reviewing well.

Oct 27, 2017
The list of VR must haves is getting bigger. I think i'll get a PSVR soon myself. Must haves for me:

- Moss
- Resident Evil 7
- Beat Saber
- Wipeout
- AstroBot
- Déraciné
- Dreams (whenever that comes out lol)
- Tetris Effect
- Keep talking and nobody explodes

Am i missing stuff?

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ugh, atleast give us the option for non vr people. That robot game for example looks so good but Im not buying a vr headset.

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Need continued support for the medium from a big player in the market to help encourage improvements in it (both hardware and software wise).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The list of VR must haves is getting bigger. I think i'll get a PSVR soon myself. Must haves for me:

- Moss
- Resident Evil 7
- Beat Saber
- Wipeout
- AstroBot
- Déraciné
- Tetris Effect

Am i missing stuff?

If your interested in Multi-Player, I'd suggest Firewall Zero Hour with the AIM Bundle.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Terrific - give me a full X Wing SP experience from Dice please that takes the Solo VR mission released and expands it to a complete game.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
ugh, atleast give us the option for non vr people. That robot game for example looks so good but Im not buying a vr headset.

The game is designed with VR in mind. So it wouldn't be as simple as taking the VR out of it. They would need to redesign the levels in accordance. So it's not going to happen.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they stick with VR next gen and come out with a better tracking system for the next one that doesn't use outdated move tech. I like my psvr a lot but the tracking can be super frustrating sometimes.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just saying, its kinda of insane that we are into year 2-3 of the VR wave and we haven't gotten a certain "licensed games" where you use "magic wands" or a "laser sword".
wink.gif

and no I don't "experiences" I want full fledged games.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

- Moss
- Resident Evil 7
- Beat Saber
- Wipeout
- AstroBot
- Déraciné
- Tetris Effect

Am i missing stuff?
Superhot VR, Skyrim and as someone brought up, Firewall Zero Hour. And there's more but these are the great ones for sure.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting haven't touched my VR in a long time because I don't like the bite size game model. Also is Golem dead? What happened to that game.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Wait to see what VR will be on PS5, hope it's more ambitious games with PS5 power

If not, I prefer those resources to be used for "traditional" games

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

- Moss
- Resident Evil 7
- Beat Saber
- Wipeout
- AstroBot
- Déraciné
- Tetris Effect

Am i missing stuff?
If you can grow the VR legs required for physics-based web swinging, Windlands is the best thing in VR.
Rez Infinite is not something you can allow yourself to miss out on if you have any nostalgia for the '90s vision of VR.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I mean psvr isnt even 2 years old yet and most big games have a 4-5 year dev cycle. Expect some biggies around the time the ps4 launches

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

- Moss
- Resident Evil 7
- Beat Saber
- Wipeout
- AstroBot
- Déraciné
- Tetris Effect

Am i missing stuff?

The Persistence
Superhot VR
REZ Infinite
Firewall
Skyrim VR
Rush of Blood
Dirt Rally VR
Thumper
Statik

@ Thread

Great to hear :D

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that is great to hear. I gotta get me a PSVR. How does it 'run' on base PS4? It was built with that model in mind wasn't it?

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this just make so happy.
PSVR has been great so far... and to learn that the best is yet to come is awesome.

*waiting for my Astro Bot copy*

#PSVR4EVER

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that is great to hear. I gotta get me a PSVR. How does it 'run' on base PS4? It was built with that model in mind wasn't it?

It runs just fine. Some games are a bit blurrier but it's completely playable. It's been awhile since I played on the OG PS4 VR since I got the Pro shortly after.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Good! Great, even.

Also, for those looking for non "bite-sized" PSVR experiences RE7 and Skyrim VR both deliver.