• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
B-Spec Mode is sentient now and is taking a seat with an F1 team in the upcoming season.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Self-driving cars tech based on AI learning from Gran Turismo players!

RIP everybody

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Oh sweet. I wonder if it's related to the GT Sport AI work they developed in collaboration with an academic institute in Europe (forgot the name).

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe an AU system that analyses your play style and populates your friends game with your AI driver that sorta races like you, they could call it something like drivatars 😮

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt this will have an impact on GT7 but maybe it will be useful for the next full next gen iteration.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Well, not sure what to make of that! Maybe something that analyzes your racing style and creates an AI for you?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Probably 'drivatars' or the like. They said this about SIE x Sony AI collab last year:

"And Sony AI, which we established last year, has begun a collaboration with PlayStation that will make game experiences even richer and more enjoyable. By leveraging reinforcement learning, we are developing Game AI Agents that can be a player's in-game opponent or collaboration partner. "

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be Jim Ryan whispering in your ear while playing GT7.

"this looks ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

/s

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
"Introducing Temple; part of our line of technology revolutionizing gaming. You've experienced what we've done with Tempest 3D Audio. Now see what we do with your mind. By sending us a picture of your brain, we can recreate your mind and put it into virtual racers. (There is also an option to take an IQ test)."

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Polyphony accidentally made perfect self-driving AI trying to get it working for GT. Unfortunately it is completely unworkable for games.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Weird not to mention this in a 30minutes-long State of Play if this is really new AI features for GT7.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
The AI has now purchased Sony for $100billion, and is forcing every studio to make racing games.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Driveatars just always want to ram into my car....a big advance in AI technology would be for it to not do that :)

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if this has nothing to do with Gran Turismo and instead is a real world application of AI, maybe tied in with Sony's new car manufacturing plans....

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much experience with racing games, but what is generally the problem with ai?

I genuinely don't understand. From looking at footage , the ai looks good? I dunno

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't have much experience with racing games, but what is generally the problem with ai?

I genuinely don't understand. From looking at footage , the ai looks good? I dunno

Some games they just follow a strict racing line and don't deviate...or they magically rubberband.

This doesn't happen in GT though I don't think.