• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, what happened to the "choice your Plus game" initiative? We got like two polls and nothing after that.
Playstation Reward is a US only thing, apparently, european users never got something similar while XBox Rewards offers a similar service worldwide.
PS2 games on PS4, we got a bunch of them, than nothing, while Sony tweeted about letting them know what games we want on PSN.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
What was that StreetPass replica on the Vita? Can't even remember actually getting to use that for anything, honestly.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
letting the community chose PS Plus games was a stupid idea. It turns out when you are putting 3 games up for a vote there is a good chance about half of the community won't get what they voted for.. it sucks.

It would have been much better if they gave a choice of games for individuals, so everyone can decide out of a selection of games which ones they want for their PS+ month.

Shin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are half-asses about a lot of things and/or not making it mandatory when they should.
But I don't feel to get into that, Europe as a whole usually gets less care from all platform holders.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Playlink seems kinda like a misstep already.
Edit: Hidden Agenda looks sorta cool though, but that's about it really.

Oct 27, 2017
PS2 on PS4 is a tragedy, Nintendo can get a huge chunk of their own classics on the VC in relatively short order, and yet Sony can't even get first party games in their store.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony comes up with a lot of great ideas that go nowhere thanks to severely bungled execution

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Not really half-assed if you try something two times and notice it's not really working out the way you thought it would, and subsequently pull the plug on it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
If it wasn't for Injustice 2 I would have canceled my PS+ , the deals were either were no interest to me or I had the games already.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
We just got new PS2 on PS4 games this week (Art of Fighting Anthology and Red Faction 2). The program still exists

I hated the PS Plus voting thing- stupid people not voting for Armello :(

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, what happened to the "choice your Plus game" initiative? We got like two polls and nothing after that.
Playstation Reward is a US only thing, apparently, european users never got something similar while XBox Rewards offers a similar service worldwide.
PS2 games on PS4, we got a bunch of them, than nothing, while Sony tweeted about letting them know what games we want on PSN.
The same thing that happens to all half assed initiatives...sony is not the only corporation, every one has them. Some work, some don't.

Ps4 is hardly half assed..

I mean wii-u was, as was MS games for windows live. It happens..

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing the 68 million consoles sold wasn't a half ass initiative.

PS2 on PS4 is alright.

Choice of PS+ was meh anyways.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine they saw the percentage of voters drop dramatically after the first 2 polls... Then realized, less than 1/4 of the players would be choosing the PS+ lineup for everyone.

The same thing that happens to all half assed initiatives...sony is not the only corporation, every one has them. Some work, some don't.

He didn't say the PS4 was half-assed. He said that some of the initiatives are. It's not like he's saying that Sony is the only company that half-assses things. He's just pointing out some of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
3d game support. Why they hell did they sell us 3d TVs only for 2 years? I bought every single 3d Game and had 3d Monitor and TV, and guess what. Uncharted 3, Motorstorm 3d Rift, and Killzone 3, were god damn awesome. Bought most other games had horrible framerate and resolution. So why not use the PS4 or even better the PS4 PRO ?(Its duel GPU format is ideal for 3d.)

On PS4 games a can be 1080p 3D(Unlike PS3 720p) and Have much better framerates. They totally half assed it. Every First party game should have had 3d support.

jonnyvito

Oct 28, 2017
That's a good point. Both of those games that you got to choose from were useless anyway. I wonder how many people voted for them

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He didn't say the PS4 was half-assed. He said that some of the initiatives are. It's not like he's saying that Sony is the only company that half-assses things. He's just pointing out some of them.
Ok, there are millions of examples from every company, I mean what can reasonably be discussed? I mean it happens, some ideas work, some don;t.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3d game support. Why they hell did they sell us 3d TVs only for 2 years? I bought every single 3d Game and had 3d Monitor and TV, and guess what. Uncharted 3, Motorstorm 3d Rift, and Killzone 3, were god damn awesome. Bought most other games had horrible framerate and resolution. So why not use the PS4 or even better the PS4 PRO ?(Its duel GPU format is ideal for 3d.)

On PS4 games a can be 1080p 3D(Unlike PS3 720p) and Have much better framerates. They totally half assed it. Every First party game should have had 3d support.

To be fair, who even still use 3D these days ? I can't blame them for not spending useless funds in that.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England

What are you basing that on? I have had people playing that's you that have no interest in games at all and they recommended it to others in my family and friends circle who then came and tried it two bought ps4s for it after seeing it and the upcoming games.

Obviously this is a small sample but from where I am it seems to have done exactly what it was intended to and that's only with the first game.

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

3d never took off, thats smart business to realise that and move on...

Please stop deflecting the premise of the thread.
I am not? It's context that's important... I mean are you policing what's allowed?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England

There's a couple on ps4 daylight and trine 2 off the top of my head and I think outlast has support too.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Their PS2 on PS4 initiative is so disappointing. I'm sure it doesn't make them much money, but with a little marketing, I'm sure it could find an audience.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
PlayLink has already been supported better than many seem to have expected. The games actually being good is a pretty huge part of that though.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

Ok, there are millions of examples from every company, I mean what can reasonably be discussed? I mean it happens, some ideas work, some don;t.

Please stop deflecting the premise of the thread.

I think the reason so many get brushed to the side over time is out of simple practicality; If there was more interest, they would get more development. Sony's impressive dedication to PS Home is an example of them giving an initiative ongoing support, even when the reaction wasn't exactly overwhelming. I can't fault a company for dropping something like Near on a dead platform, or sort of backing off from something oddball like PS Now. These companies have to have practical responses to market signals.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Reminder that the new CEO of the company is the guy who was in charge of stuff like this or at least "Playstation Network" or "PS Plus". It remains to be seen whether Sony booms or flatlines from here (and lol, Andrew House's last year just turned in immense profit) but I'm really skeptical.

Ever since PS4 launched I've had a little suspicion that PS+ in the late-gen PS3 days was just a diversionary tactic to get people on board in time for it to be mandatory to play online, by giving us a really good deal (granted, big games were very cheap so it was probably affordable for Sony). I really haven't enjoyed being a Plus member during PS4's lifecycle and ever since the price recently increased in the EU after it also increased in the US, and add in the overall shallow free games selection until recently and I almost felt like cancelling my subscription, which I may soon do.

I think they can improve a lot, that's for sure.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine PS2 on PS4 just hasn't panned out, money-wise. I love the initiative, and, can't really understand why it hasn't kicked off like I thought it would, other than just consumers didn't buy in to it.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The poll just seemed like an attempt to try and diffuse negativity around the PS+ game collection by giving the public some engagement in the contents. It clearly didn't work and probably wasn't popular with publishers since it provided a platform to publicly reject less popular games.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The necessity to download and install a proprietary app makes PlayLink really cumbersome in a way that social games can't afford to be. Jackbox figured this out with browser integration, and anything more complicated will turn away the target audience.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i can't say i'm bothered by any of this stuff personally.

- voting for PS+ games was terrible. people have shit tastes in games, i don't want them to have any sort of power over what we get.
- i own a PS4 to play PS4 games. i have a PS2 on the off chance i fancy playing a PS2 game.
- and the reward system is usual something ridiculous like get $15 back for every $100 spent that month, which is crazy when i rarely spend more than £10 on PSN a month as it is.

the company that does annoy me regarding this sort of thing is amazon. the US had a 20% off games with prime deal (now 20% discounts only on pre-orders i believe?)...and here in the UK we got nothing. sucks.

Allseeingeye

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This gen's PS+ offerings are a complete joke compared to what they were during the previous one.
Very subjective and debatable, especially lately. MGS V alone ias as good as anything on PS3..Also people forget, ps3 ps plus started a long ways into the gen, meaning it was much easier to get pubs to put their older AAA games on there.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
One of the polls ended up giving us broforce. Sony realized people shouldn't make decisions.