• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
I am sure they would be the best sounding.
But the cost will kill them for me, that and loving my galaxy buds

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, seems to have all of the features of the WH-1000MX3 with a different form factor. Colour me interested!

I still haven't been able to find a set of true wireless headphones that can maintain a stable connection while I'm out walking, though, so I'll wait for reviews before I consider diving in.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in this. Glad I held off on buying earbuds last month. Love my WH-1000MX3 at work and home but would like something smaller for other occasions.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May upgrade to these towards the end of the year. Pretty much all I want in wireless headphones.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn, these look pretty nice actually. I should get me a couple of earbuds soon.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Gross... not as ugly or expensive as Apple's, but still pretty ugly and expensive.

You can get great sounding wireless earbuds that aren't ugly for like $40. So you're literally paying over 5 times as much for the brand name.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of viable, less expensive alternatives to airpods already.

Classic Sony.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool! One more super expensive cool gadget I can't afford.

thank you sony!

source.gif

Gross... not as ugly or expensive as Apple's, but still pretty ugly and expensive.

You can get great sounding wireless earbuds that aren't ugly for like $40. So you're literally paying over 5 times as much for the brand name.

Where are these magical earbuds?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

If the NC is as good as the MX3 then you're not paying for the brand name actually.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
looks like a design I'd have to keep pushing into my ears so they don't fall out. Airpods definitely don't work for all ear types, but for me I can leave those fuckers in my ears for hours and literally forget they're there. The design of them is pretty much perfect imo.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Want to try them out first but fairly certain these will be the best of the wireless bunch to date.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I... hm.. Yeah I paid $300 for my B&O ones for the brand name and definitely not the sound quality.

That's crazy man, anything more than $50 - $60 is way too much. The $50 pair I got off Amazon sound fantastic, always word and stay charged for the whole day. And the looks great too. A lot of these headphones/earbuds are grossly overpriced ATM and it's typically because of the brand name your buying.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
running around with 20usd Anker BT buds and having a great time.
If I want NC i go with bose quiet comfort.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love the WH-1000XM3 but they make my head a bit to warm for exercise, so if reviews are positive and they seem to stay in people's ears, then these look like my next ear bud buy.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme dat Best Buy preorder.

Also everyone here saying "but they're more than Airpods!" maybe wait until Apple puts out their noise canceling version that'll probably be $250. Also most other wireless airpods on the market don't have noise canceling let alone Sony's, which is best in class on their headphones and I'm sure will carry over here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That's crazy man, anything more than $50 - $60 is way too much. The $50 pair I got off Amazon sound fantastic, always word and stay charged for the whole day. And the looks great too. A lot of these headphones/earbuds are grossly overpriced ATM and it's typically because of the brand name your buying.
Nah. Once you have one decent to high end pair, well at least some people, can really tell a clear difference between it and your taste in audio equipment goes up really, really high. There are absolutely some dumb and overpriced things out there but high-end audio is worth. $500 WIRED IEMs are not totally out of the norm once you really get into it. $230 is a great price if the sound quality is decent.

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Gimme dat Best Buy preorder.

Also everyone here saying "but they're more than Airpods!" maybe wait until Apple puts out their noise canceling version that'll probably be $250. Also most other wireless airpods on the market don't have noise canceling let alone Sony's, which is best in class on their headphones and I'm sure will carry over here.
Yeah, personally not a huge fan of noise-canceling as a whole. Weirds out the noise for me too much to use personally but I will say that Sony's implementation is pretty great. If they're able to carry that same tech over to earbuds it could shake up the market quite a bit.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if the noise cancelling on these are as good as on the WH-1000XM3 then it's certainly worth the price for me.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Mr Mobile reviews it as he's normally great at it.

I'm a Sony fan so I might pick this up when it's gen 2

I can't justify buying more headphones as I recently picked up PS4 Platinum and those bose sunglasses

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, personally not a huge fan of noise-canceling as a whole. Weirds out the noise for me too much to use personally but I will say that Sony's implementation is pretty great. If they're able to carry that same tech over to earbuds it could shake up the market quite a bit.

I enjoy the passive noise canceling of the B&O E8 2.0s. Works well enough for me with comply foam tips.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
This is an all around ear bud question: when you are using them on calls, how to people say you sound? The quality is pretty good?

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
In my experience it's not worth spending that kind of money on something then just hangs from you ears.

I got a pair of cheap Chinese ones of Amazon for about £30 they sounded great, worked really well. But one fell out my ear when I was out running and got run over by a lorry.

Ruined!

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I enjoy the passive noise canceling of the B&O E8 2.0s. Works well enough for me with comply foam tips.
I've actually got the B&O E8s (not 2.0) and it's fine? Maybe I need to play around with it more. I'm used to open back over the ears though so maybe it just hits me weirder.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I have the first generation of these.
They are comfy, sound great and the noise cancelling is good-but-not-great.

However, the listening time on a full charge (at full volume, noise cancelling turned on) is around 70 mins which I find pathetic.

It seems that the new iteration takes a lot of research and development from the absolutely incredible WH-1000X M3 which are by far the best consumer headphones I've used.

Consider me intrigued so far.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
source.gif

Where are these magical earbuds?

bjKfCtt.jpg
S4syaPa.jpg
0fL7Hlc.jpg

I'm not sure this exact model is still available but they sound great and there are plenty of others just like it (probably newer models of this version)

If the NC is as good as the MX3 then you're not paying for the brand name actually.

You're still paying waaay too much considering the ear buds I have were $50 and sound great.

Nah. Once you have one decent to high end pair, well at least some people, can really tell a clear difference between it and your taste in audio equipment goes up really, really high. There are absolutely some dumb and overpriced things out there but high-end audio is worth. $500 WIRED IEMs are not totally out of the norm once you really get into it. $230 is a great price if the sound quality is decent.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. The way something sounds is, after all, objective (at least partially). But I've taken audio production classes, tested out tons f different headphones, speaker, microphones, and in-ear's and I'm telling you these sounding amazing for the price. The little bit of increase in sound quality you might get is not worth paying 5 to 6 times or more. They are just very trendy right now and companies know they can get away with over charging for them. I'm telling you, you're wasting your money for little (or no) increase in sound quality.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Much like Gremlins, don't get them wet. That price and they're not water or sweat resistant rated? Go home, Sony.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But not with that awesome noise canceling which they are known for. It looks great and I guess I will get them if reviews are good and there aren't any problems.

I have the Jabra Elite 65's and I can't imagine anything cancelling out more noise than those... And they're available now for the half the price.

It just seems that there are already so many good products in this line already- Seems silly to roll through at a higher price point and expect to compete.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Mmmm, I dunno. There are certainly products that are overpriced, but audio quality definitely doesn't cap out at the $60 earbud price point haha. Some people care about that kind of thing a lot.