• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Those look better than Airpods at least.

Also, a lot of the cheap-o 50 dollar ones are hit and miss if they work for long or sound good.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have the Jabra Elite 65's and I can't imagine anything cancelling out more noise than those... And they're available now for the half the price.

It just seems that there are already so many good products in this line already- Seems silly to roll through at a higher price point and expect to compete.

C'mon. Please don't compare active noise canceling with passive noise canceling. If they are as good as Sony WH-1000XM3 then those buds won't have any competition at all. You can't compare this. The Jabra doesn't even have the new low latency codec...

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to buy those but fuck that price.
Wireless buds are probably one of the most overpriced products

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Mmmm, I dunno. There are certainly products that are overpriced, but audio quality definitely doesn't cap out at the $60 earbud price point haha. Some people care about that kind of thing a lot.

I hear what you're saying but I've been a musician my whole life, taken audio production classes in college (including Audio Engineering I & II) where I worked in multi-million dollar studios and learned from professors who won grammy's for albums they worked on. I know what high end audio is and sounds like. These cheap ear buds I have are high quality for in-ear's, and IMPO the increase in quality you might get from these other brands can't possibly be worth it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy man, anything more than $50 - $60 is way too much. The $50 pair I got off Amazon sound fantastic, always word and stay charged for the whole day. And the looks great too. A lot of these headphones/earbuds are grossly overpriced ATM and it's typically because of the brand name your buying.

Yeah no.

I mean they probably are overpriced but the idea that anything above 50$ for headphones is too much or that 50$ are comparable to audiophile level headphones is lunacy.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
is it possible to (relatively) easily repair these or change the batteries? death to disposable electronics

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when we will be able to try sony's 3d reality audio technology. I hope they dont save it for ps5.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah no.

I mean they probably are overpriced but the idea that anything above 50$ for headphones is too much or that 50$ are comparable to audiophile level headphones is lunacy.

For in-ears and the price you get them for they sound fantastic. You're not getting hundreds of dollars more of value in increase of audio quality with some of the in-ears I've seen posted ITT. If you think you are then that is lunacy.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
If the noise canceling is as good as the WH-1000MX3, I might be interested. Shit is sorcery.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For in-ears and the price you get them for they sound fantastic. You're not getting hundreds of dollars more of value in increase of audio quality with some of the in-ears I've seen posted ITT. If you think you are then that is lunacy.

That's not the point for those, but the awesome noise canceling which you can't compare to others.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
And the best part:

Replacing the battery is EASY!!!

Once my Airpods die out, I am going with these earbuds. No more Difficulty as fuck battery replacement. I want these earbuds for more than 5+ years.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I hear what you're saying but I've been a musician my whole life, taken audio production classes in college (including Audio Engineering I & II) where I worked in multi-million dollar studios and learned from professors who won grammy's for albums they worked on. I know what high end audio is and sounds like. These cheap ear buds I have are high quality for in-ear's, and IMPO the increase in quality you might get from these other brands can't possibly be worth it.
Dr Dre has been making music all his life and his headphones are trash so allow me the grain of salt.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Audio quality is the main reason I haven't purchased AirPods. I might be in for these.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'd get the Galaxy Buds but I want better than six hours if I'm gonna spend a lot. These tout more but at that price? Nah.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Fuck. Yes. I think I would get this. Prefer earbuds over big bulky headphones for travelling and generally being out and about. I trust Sony for sound, and these look just brilliant, a step above all other Bluetooth earbuds for sure.

Now more than ever I REALLY hope the next gen consoles simply support Bluetooth audio out so we can all hook up our expensive headphones up to them hassle free.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Currently rocking some B&O E8 that are pretty incredible, and are only missing Noise Cancellation. If those are nearly close to the 1000XM3 from the same brand on this point, I'll definitely pick them.

Oct 27, 2017
They look really nice (I prefer the form to the Airpods' form) and if the sound quality and noise cancelling are as strong as on the WH1000XM2's I might be interested in picking a pair up.

The only aspect which concerns me is the pairing as I have had some really irritating pairing issues with the XM2s when going from one device to another, and for earphones like this that aspect would need to be nearly as seamless as the AirPods' pairing process, but overall these look really good and the price is reasonable if every aspect lives up to the same standard as the XM2 (and I have to laugh at people complaining about the price of these and the Airpods).

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
"Industry leading" at making everyone but the rich feel poor and shutting out a lot of people from having anything that might look fun. Congrats Sony and Apple, true kings of industry leading

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I realize these are probably not focused on the sport-side of things, but with some kind of water resistance and on-board storage they would be great. I dread the day my Dash Pro bite the dust

B3N1

Oct 27, 2017
bjKfCtt.jpg
S4syaPa.jpg
0fL7Hlc.jpg

I'm not sure this exact model is still available but they sound great and there are plenty of others just like it (probably newer models of this version)

You're still paying waaay too much considering the ear buds I have were $50 and sound great.

Goes also by BlitzWolf FYE2, I bought a pair when I got a company iPhone, as I didn't want dongles or the base earpods.

IMO it sounded quite shitty, and was uncomfortable to me. Never even got to deplete it, as 30 mins of listening during commutes was always enough with them. Also occasionally turnder off after 3 minutes of listening, unless i re-connected them while Spotify was running. Though that could've been some iOS bug.

The airpods were a blessing after these.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Jabra Elite 65t a few months back, and while the quality is nice, sound is nice, and the battery is pretty good, I get constant disconnects and signal issues. Especially if my phone is in my pocket. If I'm out walking, the sound cuts out with every step.

Super disappointed, because otherwise, they're really good.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Goes also by BlitzWolf FYE2, I bought a pair when I got a company iPhone, as I didn't want dongles or the base earpods.

IMO it sounded quite shitty, and was uncomfortable to me. Never even got to deplete it, as 30 mins of listening during commutes was always enough with them. Also occasionally turnder off after 3 minutes of listening, unless i re-connected them while Spotify was running. Though that could've been some iOS bug.

The airpods were a blessing after these.
Soundpeats also has a version. Tons of chinese companies do. And they're all the same - no bass, irritating highs, muddy mids, terrible microphones, and sit way too far into my ear canal to the point where if I close my jaw completely the sound changes due to the pressure it puts on the ear bud stem. Sure they're cheap, but somehow they manage to still not be worth it.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Sony's earphones are always so interesting. I always wanted to try their Xperia Ear Duo but there's no way I was going to pay almost $300 for them.

sony-xperia-ear-duo.jpg

Soundpeats also has a version. Tons of chinese companies do. And they're all the same - no bass, irritating highs, muddy mids, terrible microphones, and sit way too far into my ear canal to the point where if I close my jaw completely the sound changes due to the pressure it puts on the ear bud stem. Sure they're cheap, but somehow they manage to still not be worth it.
Yeah, you can these under a million different brands on Amazon or pay $20 or less for them (or similar ones) on Chinese sites. Great value on paper but they don't do any of it particularly well.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These look interesting, but part of having noise cancelling headphones on to me is the added benefit that people are way less likely to try to talk to you when you have over the ear headphones on. I'd also hate for these to fall out while I'm sleeping on a plane. I think these look damn good though.

Right now I'm enjoying the Sennheiser PXC550 for travel, and using the Anker Soundcore Spirit X earbuds for working out. Using various wired pairs and speakers for at home, studio, DJ use etc.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to go with your ears are broken if you think shitty ass Chinese $50 earphones are the pinnacle of audio quality.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like noise canceling headphones. Call me crazy, but I prefer to hear my surroundings at all times. My headphones stay at 60% volume, and sometimes I'll wear one.

Oct 27, 2017
"Industry leading" at making everyone but the rich feel poor and shutting out a lot of people from having anything that might look fun. Congrats Sony and Apple, true kings of industry leading
Why would you expect differently here? Cheaper alternatives exist for people unable to justify the entry point of higher-end/more feature-packed earphones, and the price point for the features offered is competitive both against the competitors and Sony's own branded higher-end headphones.

Unless you're fundamentally against the existence of high end products, it is both disingenuous to claim it's 'shutting out a lot of people from having anything that might look fun' (because, as mentioned, much cheaper alternatives exist) and pretty unreasonable (given that both products are aligned with their competitors for their feature list).

I don't like noise canceling headphones. Call me crazy, but I prefer to hear my surroundings at all times. My headphones stay at 60% volume, and sometimes I'll wear one.
I suspect (given it mentions it uses the same noise cancelling technology as the XM3 and the second point on the picture) that there will be a mode available to amplify the surrounding noise and also to disable the noise cancelling as both exist on the XM3s and the OP suggests this will be present on these, so it should be possible to hear the surroundings when you want even while wearing the earphones (and enable noise cancelling when that mode would be better).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are lots of cheap earbuds too. Is good audio supposed to just stop existing because it might make people who can't afford it feel bad?

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I hope this nails is call quality. That alone makes the Galaxy Buds a non-purchase sadly. (Hopefully fixed with Galaxy Buds 2)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If these XM3s are anything like their XM3 noise cancelling headphones, then sound quality is going to really great at the potential cost of only being able to pair to one device at a time.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
If you like the sound of Airpods but find them to be stupidly priced, just pay 20 bucks for EarPods instead. They sound better and you can adjust the volume without going back to your phone.