• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, seems to have all of the features of the WH-1000MX3 with a different form factor. Colour me interested!

I still haven't been able to find a set of true wireless headphones that can maintain a stable connection while I'm out walking, though, so I'll wait for reviews before I consider diving in.
You have problems when walking? I've never had issues with any of mine..from Airpods to cheap Anker ones

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. I may wait a while for another generation or two. I have the model that was released right before this:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000x

Was not impressed with the sound quality. Compared to my Sony Extra Bass Over Ears, these were lacking greatly in sound quality. I understand a lot had to be sacrificed for the true wireless too work, but I'm cautious to see how much of a sound quality difference these will be compared to my current ones.

Same goes with the noise canceling. My over ear Sony headphones had better noise canceling than my Sony true wireless HOWEVER, the ambient sound feature is great, which allows you too hear outside elements while using the headphones while in the street or in the store. Also, when you answer calls on this thing, only the left side works for calls.

Because of these things, and the fact they do not handle high resolution audio well, these have become my default gym headphones, which they are perfect for. My gym music is from Spotify, so the quality is low to begin with so it's fine with these headphones. Also I have dreads, so over the ears are awful for me, and these are so small I can throw them in a backbag easily and always be ready to use.

Another issue, is that there would be random connection issues. Either the right side would go out and come back in or the sound would crack randomly. They also had a big issue with syncing with video (which my Sony Bluetooth speaker still has issues with) but it patched later to fix the problem.

I have no idea what new tech they were able to fit into the new model but I would definitely wait for many reviews before I would even think about upgrading.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Jabra Elite 65t which are great. Also have a pair of XM3s for noise cancellation when I'm at work.

These might be a good way to combine those .

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
You have problems when walking? I've never had issues with any of mine..from Airpods to cheap Anker ones

i have the 1000xm3's and walk with them daily and love them but whenever i get near a cell phone tower (I assume, only thing I can really think of) i have to hold my phone like 2 feet away from the phones or they cut out. normally they are just in my pockets but i hold them out near my chest for those 2 minutes as i pass a tower lol

i might pick these up on a deep discount sale on BF or something but not a huge fan of earpods, prefer over the ears for ease of charge, putting on head, taking off, and not worrying about falling off.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Oh man, these things are gorgeous but I already have AirPods and that price is kind of a dealbreaker.

I thought Sony already learned their lesson about coming out with a more expensive product than a competitor's?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Interesting, seems to have all of the features of the WH-1000MX3 with a different form factor. Colour me interested!

I still haven't been able to find a set of true wireless headphones that can maintain a stable connection while I'm out walking, though, so I'll wait for reviews before I consider diving in.
This is interesting. I get that with the Galaxy Buds but not the MX3's. Which is irritating with the former as I only got them for when I'm in London, but it constantly cuts out as I walk around, especially in busy places like Waterloo. Definitely interested in these XM3's if they review well.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, these things are gorgeous but I already have AirPods and that price is kind of a dealbreaker.

I thought Sony already learned their lesson about coming out with a more expensive product than a competitor's?
They have cheap earbuds too. People who want good audio should have these options available to them.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
For in-ears and the price you get them for they sound fantastic. You're not getting hundreds of dollars more of value in increase of audio quality with some of the in-ears I've seen posted ITT. If you think you are then that is lunacy.

I bought some cheap ear buds and gave them to my folks because they don't care about quality or anything in particular. For that they are a great value, but you're not going to convince me that they sound better than my E8's. Did I overpay for my E8's? Yes I definitely did but for me it was worth slight difference in sound and build quality.

If I really wanted the best value out there, it would be the $40-$80 WIRED in-ears, since they have the best price to sound quality ratio out there. The market for true wireless in-ears is still in the early stages, if you think the market is peaking at $50 ear buds... that's on you but I wouldn't go around saying that there isn't an increase in sound quality (or other features) for anything above $50.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017

Sony is big on audio. They are one of the few mass produced brands that offer easily accessible high quality audio tech. They have portable high resolution audio media players that are upwards to $1000, for those who really want the best out of their music. A lot of Sony's high end audio products aren't for people who just listen to Spotify, but those who obsess over lossless audio files and those who tailor sound signatures to get the perfect sound.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Sony is big on audio. They are one of the few mass produced brands that offer easily accessible high quality audio tech. They have portable high resolution audio media players that are upwards to $1000, for those who really want the best out of their music. A lot of Sony's high end audio products aren't for people who just listen to Spotify, but those who obsess over lossless audio files and those who tailor sound signatures to get the perfect sound.

I'm going to wait for the next gen AirPods and if they underwhelm, then I think I'll save up for these.

Yeah the thing I noticed about Sony's head/earphones is that even the cheap ones are really good quality. Before getting my AirPods last year I'd always buy the $30 Sony earphones lol.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
My Galaxy Buds are garbage that lose connection all the time. I treated if these will be better.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Early impressions so far are great. I just need to see it in person.

I'm currently using XM3s so I hope it sounds near like it.

I don't like noise canceling headphones. Call me crazy, but I prefer to hear my surroundings at all times. My headphones stay at 60% volume, and sometimes I'll wear one.

You can adjust/turn off the noise canceling.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool and all but is it so hard to give them a decent name instead of a bunch of random letters and numbers?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Noise cancelling? I'm in. Shit is a must on public transit. I love blocking everything out.

Sony's earbud and overall audio quality is only about a billion times better than Apple's so I'll trust them with that kind of money.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Early impressions so far are great. I just need to see it in person.

I'm currently using XM3s so I hope it sounds near like it.

You can adjust/turn off the noise canceling.
Oh cool. The only time I'd probably use it is on a plane. Other than that I want to hear it all lol

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I really want a pair of true wireless earbuds for using on transit and at the gym, but I'm unwilling to pay these ridiculous prices.
Unfortunately for me I also don't want shitty sound. Anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive wireless earbuds that have great sound?

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Any comparisons out there (besides the noise cancelling) between these and the Powerbeats Pro?

Interested in both but not sure if I can go back to just plain Bluetooth after a year or so with AirPods.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a pair of true wireless earbuds for using on transit and at the gym, but I'm unwilling to pay these ridiculous prices.
Unfortunately for me I also don't want shitty sound. Anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive wireless earbuds that have great sound?
I picked up some Soundpeats True Wireless ones for $30 on Amazon and they sound better than AirPods, which suck to some folks, but they're good enough for me. If you want cheap ones you gotta accept that they won't give you the best sound. For me it's mostly about convenience though. And I think all earbuds sound a little disappointing when compared to what I hear with my expensive over the ear headphones lol

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
According to the spec sheet, these earbuds support the LDAC codec, aka 990kbps bitrate over bluetooth, which explains a lot of their marketing claims. Paired with an LDAC-capable device (e.g. Android), audio quality won't be limited by being wireless which is nice.
Whether the hardware itself can deliver is a different story so we'll see.

Edit: disregard, that spec sheet was for the WH-1000XM3, while the new earbuds are the WF-1000XM3.
What the heck Sony.

Last edited:

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
If these don't have latency issues I might grab a pair for my PC.

Airpods and Powerbeat Pro's are great for the Apple ecosystem. Would be nice to have these for my laptop.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Hopefully the sound is good because the airpods don't sound very good imo

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
What does everybody think of Jabra Elite 65t? Good investment or go with SOny earbuds?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The 1000MX3s are the best noise-cancellers in the biz, no contest. Interested to see that tech evolve.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noise cancelling? I'm in. Shit is a must on public transit. I love blocking everything out.

Sony's earbud and overall audio quality is only about a billion times better than Apple's so I'll trust them with that kind of money.

On the other hand, noise cancelling is a dealbreaker for me. I hate not being able to be aware of my surroundings.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
The wired NC Sony ones for my Xperia were among the best earbuds I have ever used, both in sound quality and in noise canceling. The wireless neckband one I have now is an improvement on that even. I can't imagine how good these would be.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Saw that Ebay selling refurb for $114. But need an earbud where the battery can be replaced easily like the Samsung one. Heard the new Sony's are easily replaceable as well.
Oh, then don't buy them. I never thought about that. I know AirPods just become trash once the batteries go bad

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
These are getting great reviews so far.

Not a fan of NC myself though. My work Bose has it but I never turn it on - I feel too isolated with it on.

404Ender

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are noise cancelling and no I can't hear shit with them in my ear holes.

Aren't these the ones you've been talking about?

They do not have ANC. "Fitting in your ears well and plugging them up to block out some sound" is not the same as noise-canceling tech that headphones like the Bose QC35 and WH-1000MX3 use. That's what people are referring to.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like that these just use one tip piece instead of the Galaxy Buds having both tip and wing pieces making them annoying to replace

I also like how the case's battery life is twice as long as the Galaxy Buds'

I'll wait to see what Google's airpod competitors look like before hopping on these

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I use them every day with no issues personally
ive had 3 pairs of wireless earbuds under $60 and they tend to always drop audio in certain train stations, one set way more frequently than the other to the point where i left a bad review on amazon and the manufacturer sent me a replacement pair which surprisingly worked way better than the original lol

all of them worked fine during workouts our general use it was just during certain parts of the commute that they would shit the bed.