• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
That sounded really interesting when i saw the thread....but then i openend it and they are those disgusting in ear things. I really hate those. So for me they are in no way a competition for my airpods sadly.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Avoid. I've spent alot of money on Sony headphones and they always break. Crap build quality.

YES!!! I own the old first gen MDR-1000X, I treat them like a new born baby every time I put them on. Paid $300 for them. Three years later, I put them on on the airplane as I usually do and the side plastic breaks that allows me to adjust the headband. All of my current headsets are 5+ years old and still in great condition. Been reading reviews that these headsets that Sony makes tend to break around the headband, but the quality inside top tier. Reviews saying that I should be lucky that they lasted for three years...which is BS for an high end wireless ANC headset.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Avoid. I've spent alot of money on Sony headphones and they always break. Crap build quality.
Can't say I agree.

I owned a pair of MDR-ZX770BN for two and a bit years, regularly fell asleep in them, waking up with them pressed in a weird direction and assumed they'd be broken, totally fine. Upgraded to the WH-H900Ns, same deal.

My only gripe with their quality is their waterproofness and that after two years the seam for the cushion on the MDR-ZX770BN started to split and the foam started escaping, sewed that up and they were fine. Gave them away when I upgraded, they've now been in use for a good 3 years even though I treat my electronics poorly at best.

At this point I'm a proponent of spending a bit more to have something that lasts, I've lost count of how many cheapo Sennheisers I've owned where one side stopped working.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Galaxy Buds fit so perfectly though. I've never had anything come remotely close. First non wrap-arounds I can truly use/enjoy

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a known issue with the first and early second gen 1000X that resulted in the headband breaking easily? If you had that problem you should chase up with warranty, but I agree that kinda sucks.

I've had the ZX770BN before my 1000XM3 as well and they're still great. I use them with my PSVR now as well as for a backup set after I got the 1000XM3.

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they would stick out so much in those promo pictures but seen the cnet video. Looks good
XPhYD1d.jpg

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
They seem great altought part of the appeal of the AirPods (for someone that has regular Bluetooth headset) it's the easy paring and switching between devices

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of interested as I have been very happy with my WH-1000XM2s but could use something more compact from time to time. However, I am worried about the battery degradation of these things. Only six-hour battery life means lots of charging cycles and heavy battery wear, right?

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. It's unfortunate how popular this form factor is. Whenever I click these threads I already expect it.

A true quality alternative to the Airpods still doesn't exist.

Because it is hard to do good sound in that formfactor (airpods don't have good sound for music, sorry).. and impossible to do noise cancelling.
so obviously sony went with in-ear

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never understood noise-cancelling outside of planes, trains and automobiles.

Isn't that where most people would use earbuds? I know I mainly use earbuds on trains and planes. If I'm home I can just play sounds through speakers, and if I'm cycling or something outside I want to be aware of my surroundings and not wear anything over my ears.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I've learned anything in the last decade, than that the product can be the best in the world, and people still would not care if does not have the right branding.
Or in this case... people care surprisingly little about sound quality, as long as whatever they have is some sort of status symbol. A sad state of affairs really.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
These look great, but the pricetag is pretty hefty. Interested to see how they perform when they're out in the wild. Certainly on my radar for the future if there's any big deals.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If I've learned anything in the last decade, than that the product can be the best in the world, and people still would not care if does not have the right branding.
Or in this case... people care surprisingly little about sound quality, as long as whatever they have is some sort of status symbol. A sad state of affairs really.
Not even for the status symbol, a lot of people don't give a fuck about SQ cause they just want cheap things to listen music to.

If I could afford anything in this price range however, definitely wouldn't go for anything but wired however. These look cool, but the SQ on wireless is still not there for me to make the jump, especially in the lower price braket. My 40€ ANCs I have had for 2 years now are just fine for what theu do.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I bought a pair of Galaxy Buds over the weekend and really like them. Very comfortable and good sound quality. I've heard voice calls on them aren't amazing but I barely ever make calls anymore so I don't see it being an issue.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hm...I'm happy with my 1000XM2 headphones but this is honestly tempting me lol.

It doesn't help that the impressions have been very positive so far.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pre-ordered.
My XM2 became essential on longer trips, can't do without them. I use AirPods for everyday stuff, but always wished for more isolation. I hope those WFXM3 will fill that gap for me.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Preordered as well. Here in Malaysia it comes with a power bank and a vago vacuum lol.

I choose the gold one to make it abit discreet.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Because it is hard to do good sound in that formfactor (airpods don't have good sound for music, sorry).. and impossible to do noise cancelling.
so obviously sony went with in-ear
They could still offer an option for people who want to sacrifice bass and isolation for comfort.
These companies must be comfortable being distant 2nds in the earbud world.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I dislike how any buds that aren't from apple have those rubber tips you gotta push semi-deep into your ear canal.
Air-pods don't really need to be pushed in deep so they're more comfortable.
But I don't care for apple so I just stick to over ear headphones.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
4998mMK.jpg

Just got mine. Sound is amazing. It's my first true wireless though. I hope I get used to it and not knock it out of my ear. It feels like I'm not wearing at all.

Noise canceling is almost aa good as my headphones.

Weird though, some eq are missing like concert hall in the app.

Time to retime my XM3s headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably try and pick these up if they go on a discount this black friday. $230 is a but too pricey for me. I have a pair of rhte whxm2's which are great but wearing them in the summer is just an abysmal experience for me lmao feels like they are sliding around my head due to sweat, but for a NYC subway they are required. I have some Oneplus Bullets wireless which I like as well but it's hard to go back to using them without noise cancelling.

Glad they are IEM's though, never though the apple earbud ethos made a lot of sense. Putting something vaguely near your ear canal so all kinds of external sound can leak in isn't a good experience.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Got my WH XM3 with a €100 discount through a loyalty program, here is hoping they'll also get these with a discount. Meanwhile, has anybody tried them out with Comply tips?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll use my work from home stipend on these. They look great.

Why is AirPod in the title?
They are a popular product these buds will compete with, thus making the content of the thread more relatable when browsing thread titles.

I dislike how any buds that aren't from apple have those rubber tips you gotta push semi-deep into your ear canal.
Air-pods don't really need to be pushed in deep so they're more comfortable.
But I don't care for apple so I just stick to over ear headphones.
This is actually essential to me. Ear buds that just rest on your earlobe are constantly falling out and basically impossible to wear, probably due to the shape of my ear. So Air Pods are practically a useless product to me personally.

Last edited:

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I think I'll use my work from home stipend on these. They look great.

They are a popular product these buds will compete with, thus making the content of the thread more relatable when browsing thread titles.

This is actually essential to me. Ear buds that just rest on your earlobe are constantly falling out and basically impossible to wear, probably due to the shape of my rear. So Air Pods are practically a useless product to me personally.

Wouldn't the new Beats be a better comparison?