• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got a pair.

Not a fan of the fit so far but the sound quality is crazy good. Makes me wonder how I even used Airpods for over two and a half years.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Headphones break so easily that I decided to just go with the cheap $10 ones on Amazon and replace them whenever they break. Headphones have basically become another household amenity to me, like toilet paper or toothpaste.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Been very interested in these. Watched so many videos and read so many reviews.

Its crazy how much the critics love it, but then you read user reviews, and it has so many issues.

I guess it is cause reviewers don't put them through the paces of long daily use.

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
Holy smoks! These earphones suck bad.

I got them for gym use, so I wasn't expecting good audio quality but dod damn, they are almost as bad as airpods. I guess I'll use them for podcasts only that's that.

How can people think they sound good is beyond me.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Holy smoks! These earphones suck bad.

I got them for gym use, so I wasn't expecting good audio quality but dod damn, they are almost as bad as airpods. I guess I'll use them for podcasts only that's that.

How can people think they sound good is beyond me.
Are you sure you have the right tips for your ears, i.e., they fit snugly?

I compared mine to Westone UM-2 IEMs, and while they aren't quite on that level, they do in fact sound pretty good.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Ive been using it for a few days now and i am really loving it. The sound is just the right balance out of the box. Transparency mode it awesome, and anc mode is awesome. Im told my voice is very clear on calls from a quiet environment, not sure how a noisy or windy street will fair though.

instead of using a tip that tries to fit into the small ear canal, i used the biggest one they offer so that there is more friction with the outer part of the ear, and it fits very very well. I was dissapointed at first because the smaller ones that i try to fit into the ear canal wasnt staying, but once i changed the eay i place it in my ear, its just great.

2 things that i dont like. Becuase of the shape and size of these earbuds, they catch wind like crazy. So even with anc on, i hear and feel the wind very clearly cause it just catches it all.

the other thing is the app. It is completely broken on latest ios. Other than getting it to connect via BT, i cant change any of the setting or update the firmware. But luckily it seems good as it is out of the box.

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
Are you sure you have the right tips for your ears, i.e., they fit snugly?

I compared mine to Westone UM-2 IEMs, and while they aren't quite on that level, they do in fact sound pretty good.

I have over 100 tips, the seal is good. The sound quality sounds too metallic and whatever EQ I use on the sony app the sound does not improve is just different sounding mess.

Is quite unfair to compare to any of my other earphones as they are way way way more expensive than the 1000xm3 but still.... The focus on these are features leaving aside the audio quality.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
instead of using a tip that tries to fit into the small ear canal, i used the biggest one they offer so that there is more friction with the outer part of the ear, and it fits very very well. I was dissapointed at first because the smaller ones that i try to fit into the ear canal wasnt staying, but once i changed the eay i place it in my ear, its just great.
Also who has worn these while jogging / lifting weights?
i have. See my tip above.

i do pull ups and dips, and sprinting, not jogging. And they stayed on and didnt fly off. Now if i sprint long distance then i dunno how long it will stay on, but it hasnt fallen off yet.

i dont think there will be a bf sale. Lucky for me i bought mine new off ebay, when i got all these promos. Ended up paying 190 total, and also got back $19 in ebay buck.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
i have. See my tip above.

i do pull ups and dips, and sprinting, not jogging. And they stayed on and didnt fly off. Now if i sprint long distance then i dunno how long it will stay on, but it hasnt fallen off yet.

i dont think there will be a bf sale. Lucky for me i bought mine new off ebay, when i got all these promos. Ended up paying 190 total, and also got back $19 in ebay buck.

Thanks y'all.

I found it for 200 w/ taxes new+shipped on Ebay so went ahead and made the plunge. I don't think it'll be less than that even if a black friday deal shows up...

I'll look into the tips after trying them out without first.

May 30, 2018
sucks that there's not a way to also have separate swipe up/down action. having to choose one single action for the buttons is kinda lame

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just got these. Pretty nice.

They sure gave a lot of tips. I guess I'll cycle through them and see which feels best...?

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance these go on sale for black friday? I've been watching them for a bit.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an AV thread here? I want some advice on noise cancelling headphones for travel.
im looking at ANC headphones for my commute and trip to Japan next year. Wh-1000xm3 is on sale for 280 (there was a amazon warehouse deal to get them to 191 yesterday). The other big one is the Bose QC 35 II. Reviews say they're more comfortable but dont have as good sound and ANC.

Really curious how the ANC is for these buds in comparison

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Since my Beats X just died, I'm looking for some new bangers for the gym. How would these hold up?

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Since my Beats X just died, I'm looking for some new bangers for the gym. How would these hold up?
Prolly shouldnt get these for gym purposes. There are better alternatives like powerbeats pro.

these dont have water resist rating, but my assumption is that sony just want to pay for the certification. It holds up fine doing workouts for me on a more casual level.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
im looking at ANC headphones for my commute and trip to Japan next year. Wh-1000xm3 is on sale for 280 (there was a amazon warehouse deal to get them to 191 yesterday). The other big one is the Bose QC 35 II. Reviews say they're more comfortable but dont have as good sound and ANC.

Really curious how the ANC is for these buds in comparison

I have the WH-1000XM3 and the ANC is fantastic, it blocks almost all noises. I got them for my business trip (it was around 8-10 hours on a plane), since I never sleep well due to the noise and the changes, and I concerned out mid flight.
I find them pretty comfortable, only issue that I could see is that your ears are going to sweat with them in hotter days, but it isn't a bother to me at all. If you can, try them out to see if they're comfy enough for you, but getting them for $191 is almost a steal.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I have the WH-1000XM3 and the ANC is fantastic, it blocks almost all noises. I got them for my business trip (it was around 8-10 hours on a plane), since I never sleep well due to the noise and the changes, and I concerned out mid flight.
I find them pretty comfortable, only issue that I could see is that your ears are going to sweat with them in hotter days, but it isn't a bother to me at all. If you can, try them out to see if they're comfy enough for you, but getting them for $191 is almost a steal.
Yeah I got them "like new" via amazon, should arrive tomorrow, I'm excited. Also ordered the qc35 II from best buy to test side by side lol. I hear the qc are more comfortable and since i wear glasses comfort is a big factor for me what with a 15 hr flight ahead of me.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys recommend any? So many different sizes and I don't know what wilk and won't work.

Not exactly what you want but my issue was fit and weight conspiring to make them fall out. No amount of fiddling with the dozens of tips I have worked- so I tried to copy the "wing " design from my bose soundsports which are solid as a rock (although much lighter) and I had a really good experience with these:

Motanar 6 Pcs Left and Right Side Stabilizers Fins Wing Eartips Adapters for In Ear Earphones with 4mm to 6mm Nozzle Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D2K62Y4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OLR3DbMFBHYAQ

However that means I have to remove them every time to charge and I'm probably gonna sell them because it's not been worth the various hassles from charging to pairing to controls and ergonomics. Great sound and noise cancellation but I'm probably gonna stick to over ears.

Btw I got the big Sony Bose qc35ii "clones" for half price from amazon last week. Now that's a freaking bargain.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So it was like tropical storm level winds and these headphones didn't pop out of my ears which was nice....but then I stepped off a large curb and they plopped out lol...

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not exactly what you want but my issue was fit and weight conspiring to make them fall out. No amount of fiddling with the dozens of tips I have worked- so I tried to copy the "wing " design from my bose soundsports which are solid as a rock (although much lighter) and I had a really good experience with these:

Motanar 6 Pcs Left and Right Side Stabilizers Fins Wing Eartips Adapters for In Ear Earphones with 4mm to 6mm Nozzle Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D2K62Y4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OLR3DbMFBHYAQ
Thanks, I'll check these out. Trying to use them at the gym now is pointless as they fall out every now and then, this would help a lot.
^ I got these. They work perfectly - buds don't slip out anymore and creates a seal. They also come in three different sizes.
Nice and cheap too. Will test them out for sure. Thanks!

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

However that means I have to remove them every time to charge and I'm probably gonna sell them because it's not been worth the various hassles from charging to pairing to controls and ergonomics. Great sound and noise cancellation but I'm probably gonna stick to over ears.

Btw I got the big Sony Bose qc35ii "clones" for half price from amazon last week. Now that's a freaking bargain.
Half tempted to order those just for the wings but don't like the idea of having to take them off each time to charge.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll check these out. Trying to use them at the gym now is pointless as they fall out every now and then, this would help a lot.
QUOTE="ApatheticDolphin, post: 26868714, member: 6367"]
^ I got these. They work perfectly - buds don't slip out anymore and creates a seal. They also come in three different sizes.

I was able to use on hikes and bike and treadmill fwiw. Sweat is always an issue but they stayed put.

phonciplebone - it's annoying but they pop on and off with ease. It's more annoying to store them somewhere while they're charging - I use the wee mesh bag that comes with them but I keep losing it in my tardis-ass backpack.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
well I wasn't gonna bother buying a disposable earphones (when battery dies)

but I got this earphones for $89 bucks. Really good sounds compared to those $30 chinese knock offs 😆

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any recommendations for tips for these? The sets it comes with aren't really working for me.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Anyone have any recommendations for tips for these? The sets it comes with aren't really working for me.
There are suggestions for foam tips on this page
These were what I bought based on recommendations in this thread. Hope it helps.
Earphone Tips F FEYCH Premium Replacement Earbud Tips Memory Foam Earphone Tips Blocking Noise Foam Tips Suit for 4.5-6.3mm Nozzle in-Ear Earphones with Storage Box(S/M/L, 6 Pairs, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SN4HP5Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zQ-dEbZXS6BAD

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Firmware 2.1.0
  • Improves hands-free calling quality​
Previous Benefits and Improvements (v2.0)
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
  • Adds support for Amazon Alexa
  • Adds the ability to adjust the volume using the headphones touch sensor
  • Adds the ability to check the battery level of the charging case using the Sony | Headphones Connectapp
  • Improves the connectivity with iOS
  • Improves other functions
  • Resolves an issue where, on some builds of Windows 10, the sound will not play after Bluetooth pairing
  • General performance and stability improvements

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Found some skins on Taobao lol

MGvp4Bu.jpg

Thanks.