• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.

We are seeking a Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the architecture and implementation of game engine code systems used for the creation and development of a game application.

https://boards.greenhouse.io/sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs/660557

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Ooh exciting. Makes sense with days gone wrapping up soon. They can begin to shift that team to the next project.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. Glad that its a PS4 game. Might show that sony has one last round of ps4 exclusives before the transition to next gen!

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy

Just for the record, this is very likely to be simply for Days Gone. Sony's job opportunities quite often include generic terms rather than titles, and "new" does not mean unannounced. New AAA PlayStation 4 Exclusive definitely applies to a job for Days Gone. It's new, and it's a PS4 exclusive.

Bend is not a super-large team, and I seriously double they're diluting their resources before Days Gone is ready.

I'm quite confident that you're reading too much into this.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Doesn't this suggest that Days Gone is likely in the 'polishing' stage of development? You'd expect this application to include Days Gone otherwise, no?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
If this takes 2-3 years, I don't think it will be PS4 exclusive in the sense of skipping a simultaneous PS5 release.

Just for the record, this is very likely to be simply for Days Gone. Sony's job opportunities quite often include generic terms rather than titles, and "new" does not mean unannounced. New AAA PlayStation 4 Exclusive definitely applies to a job for Days Gone. It's new, and it's a PS4 exclusive.

Bend is not a super-large team, and I seriously double they're diluting their resources before Days Gone is ready.
Seems even more likely.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just for the record, this is very likely to be simply for Days Gone. Sony's job opportunities quite often include generic terms rather than titles, and "new" does not mean unannounced. New AAA PlayStation 4 Exclusive definitely applies to a job for Days Gone.

Yup, this. I wouldn't read into this at all.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This late in the generation huh?

I mean if Days Gone is a 2019 title and they're working on another AAA title for PS4 we're looking at 2020 or 2021, which will put us in the PS5 era.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Doesn't this suggest that Days Gone is likely in the 'polishing' stage of development? You'd expect this application to include Days Gone otherwise, no?
It's probably ready for 2018 Q4, but moved to early 2019 to avoid competition, Sony seemed to do the same with HZD to avoid FFXV, Square should also shuffle up Tomb Raider & DQ11 to avoid big bad Red Read 2 & Spidey, but their loss.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017

But they stated that they're "creating" so maybe it's really a new game since Days Gone is almost done? Anyways I'll take Syphon Filter if there's a new game

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
It's probably ready for 2018 Q4, but moved to early 2019 to avoid competition, Sony seemed to do the same with HZD to avoid FFXV, Square should also shuffle up Tomb Raider & DQ11 to avoid big bad Red Read 2 & Spidey, but their loss.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I also think GOW could have been released months ago but Sony decided to let them polish it even further.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
But they stated in "creating" so maybe it's really a new game since Days Gone is almost done? Anyways I'll take Syphon Filter if there's a new game

1: We have no indication that Days Gone is almost done.

2: These ads use generic terminology, and they're normally just copied and pasted for templates. "Creating" means simply that. Someone working on the game is gonna contribute to the creation of the game. What stage of development it is is really irrelevant here.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. Bend has their hands full with Days Gone. Now way are they starting another game. It's a small studio by AAA standards working on an all extremely ambitious open world game.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
1: We have no indication that Days Gone is almost done.

2: These ads use generic terminology, and they're normally just copied and pasted for templates. "Creating" means simply that. Someone working on the game is gonna contribute to the creation of the game. What stage of development it is is really irrelevant here.
I just assumed from how the game looked recently. Thanks for the clarification

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
I just assumed from how the game looked recently. Thanks for the clarification

I believe Sony confirmed to USGamer a while ago that Days Gone was shifted to 2019. So it's seriously, seriously unlikely that Sony's gonna let Bend work on something else until that is done. They're not a large team, which is why they're probably hiring to better push towards release.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

You're probably right. My guess is that it is Days Gone and with the delay(or push back) they are adding in multiplayer components like co-op or something.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE SYPHON FILTER 4 WITH LIAN XING AS THE PROTAGONIST!!!! I'm actually replaying the SF games this weekend over at Twitch, come on, Sony Bend, do it!!!

8RHKHYl.gif

We need this run animation in 4K 60 FPS.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that Days Gone is already finished. They delayed it because of business decisions. Not because they needed more time.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I believe Sony confirmed to USGamer a while ago that Days Gone was shifted to 2019. So it's seriously, seriously unlikely that Sony's gonna let Bend work on something else until that is done. They're not a large team, which is why they're probably hiring to better push towards release.
Yeah I forgot about the game being pushed to 2019. As you said, they're not a large team which makes working on another title is near impossible. Also I love your work on DS you mad italian :D

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
My guess is that Days Gone is already finished. They delayed it because of business decisions. Not because they needed more time.

Games are never "finished." Bend has been in prototyping hell on Days Gone for years. This is probably a sink or swim situation for them. It's beyond unlikely that they're putting the game in the fridge without using every day they have to make it the best game it can be. This is not how AAA development works.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
As Abriael put it, the language is broad and subjective; historically it has also been used for games that are already announced.

Until there's additional information to suggest that they're making something that's not Days Gone, I would proceed to lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.