• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

Now:

ErysfL-XEAIRfqh

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I guess they're leaving it to those third parties to handle their own release schedules?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It was quite weird revealing the release date of some big games like project athia in a random drop like this.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yeah i bet some third party publishers hit them up and were like "uhhhhh why are you disclosing that info out of nowhere on a trailer end card"

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
It was quite weird revealing the release date of some big games like project athia in a random drop like this.
Yeah. I'd think publishers would prefer to keep that info to themselves even if they shared it with Sony.

Understandable mixup probably due to wfh issues I think.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
What I assume has happened is they have internal dates from third parties for those games, they used that, but third parties got upset bc covid and generally games making is hard so please dont reveal dates for us kkthxbye

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It was weird as it was. You'd imagine games like Athia, Tokyo Ghostwire and the like would want to announce things on their own terms.

But yeah, expect delays. I don't know if those dates accounted for a Covid world, but even if they did, this shit is hard and so is game development.
What I assume has happened is they have internal dates from third parties for those games, they used that, but third parties got upset bc covid and generally games making is hard so please dont reveal dates for us kkthxbye
I can imagine that, yeah. Puts unnecessary pressure on them.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Its probably just a simple miscommunication while people are working from home when creating the trailer

You can tell even though Sony was fast to adjust to Covid, they haven't been as efficient as some others at communicating between divisions. It's not just Playstation. The same happened just now with their TVs.
But it's understandable.

I still have no idea how they had all those releases in 2020 considering everything really.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It wouldn't be sony if it weren't for them changing shit in their trailers like dates or platforms. Its funny to see regardless.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Mistake again like the Demon's Souls on PC thing? I always felt the first time we hear about some of those dates would be during a SoP

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Well good, this will give me a chance to catch up on my backlog, that I extended by quite a bit over the last month, like an idiot.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Era thinking Sony's 2021 line-up will be barebones:

tenor.gif

Era when they see Sony's 2021 games hitting:

giphy.gif

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Best to delete the dates than face the endless complaints when the games get delayed.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Look if I get my R&C this year then I am good. The rest can release whenever, I got a back catalogue I got to get through anyways lol and game prices at launch of now steep.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be an especially difficult year for games meeting release dates so I'm surprised they had them there in the first place.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Those were just internal targeted dates, no point in showing them on the official Playstation channel when the respective developers haven't said anything official yet

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The same drama as with the exclusivities after one of their PS Now's. Its baffling to me that they can't control the message on preproduced content better.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Look at the insider thread teasing 2021 delays, I have never seen a thread like that to be mostly narrowed to a single publisher (Sony) with people wishfully thinking that its most of their games getting delayed. Hell look at the responses in this thread
In defense of that thread, Microsoft barely has any games releasing this year and the ones that are coming this year were already delayed out of last year into this year. With that context, Sony is the big player with a lot of newly announced 2021 games you can easily say "Sure Jan..." to.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In defense of that thread, Microsoft barely has any games releasing this year and the ones that are coming this year were already delayed out of last year into this year. With that context, Sony is the big player with a lot of newly announced 2021 games you can easily say "Sure Jan..." to.

Except there are people doing it in regards to Ratchet and Clank šŸ˜‚ like...what?