• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony's American and European branches "plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018," the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony's 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean Limited Run games won't sell Vita games anymore?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Totally unfair. If Sony had made God of War for Vita it would have been a huge success.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I was just about to say "I better get any last minute Vita games that I've been on the fence about."

But I honestly couldn't think of any.

Definitely holding on to my copies of Disgaea 3/4 even though I never play them.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
So its not a legacy anymore?? I take it Vita 2 is not happening, unless PS5 Switch happens. I'll miss the little guy, but hopefully Nintendo gets more visual novel games. Need more Falcom and Gust please on Switch

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It was a good run vita. Thank you for the two deployments where you saved me from complete boredom on my free time. I'll still be playing games on mine until it I can't anymore.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I supported this system as long as I could already, the hardware is still viable, the screen is still top notch, there is a market for handheld machine with moderate power, and Sony you give it up before its dead.

Now I have moved on to Nintendo Switch, not intended to look back lol...

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I think PS Vita is the first major video game console I have never owned since... I think the Saturn?

I should buy a Saturn.

Sad day for Vita collectors. May your memory cards never corrupt!

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
2f0.jpg

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh well. Writing has been on the wall for years.

Yes.
I'm not sure it doesn't say anything about Asian games.

On Japanese psn for one I'm still seeing ads for new Vita games and models.

(not that I care about LRG, I just like physical games, I actually prefer the "Vita the Best" versions myself)

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on my Muv Luv physical copies, really hoping we don't get fucked on that

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that answers the question of whether or not our next game will be on Vita. Digital sales just aren't enough these days to justify a port. A physical release with a group like LRG can drastically improve the overall revenue & chance for profitability with a niche system like the Vita.