• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

VOICE HELP SYSTEM USING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

A method for gaming assistance. Information related to a plurality of game plays of players for a gaming application is received over a network at a back-end server. A query is received from a first player playing the gaming application, wherein the query is related to a first game play of the first player. A current game context of a first game play of a first player is determined from the information. A response to the query and the current game context is generated based on the information related to the plurality of game plays. The response is delivered back to a device of the first player.

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Welp, my PS5 is going to be mostly offline I see. I have no desire to have a spy microphone in my home... :-(

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring on DMC6.

"Royal Guard!"
"Trickster!"
"Gunslinger!"
"Swordmaster!"

Last edited:

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
If this ever makes it to an actual release state, I'm sure it will be opt-in. Would be crazy stupid in today's climate to just force it on users. Even by Sony's standards.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sounds great. But would like to see how that works.
Also hope it comes with several language options and not just english.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Optional mobile app so not built into the console guys...

Could be good for people with accessibility needs.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Sony does what Microsoftriedalready.

Television television PlayStation go home.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
Optional mobile app so not built into the console guys...

Could be good for people with accessibility needs.

Yea it would make sense for the companies to start adding more accessibility options for people. Not everyone has the same capabilities. As long as you do not have to use it i do not see a problem.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really exciting or useful for me by the looks of it. Good for those who want to ask their phones for help I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we can turn off the feature completely and hide every mention of the voice assistant in the UI if it's going to be a feature in PS5. That stuff irritates me so much.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for a few launch period titles to awkwardly use it and then for it to slowly peter out of use until everyone forgets it existed.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a pretty cool use of voice ai in a gaming application.

regarding spying, hopefully it'll be opt in, but in this day and age with Alexa, google assist, cortina i don't think many people will bat an eyelid...

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Sony doesn't think that shit like Alexa is widely accepted by now. A lot of people are still very critical of it, rightfully so. The media as well. Talk about an integrated mic with AI tech during the PS5 reveal campaign could potentially blow up just as much in their faces as bundled Kinect and always-on did for Microsoft's XONE reveal.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Sony doesn't think that shit like Alexa is widely accepted by now. A lot of people are still very critical of it, rightfully so. The media as well. Talk about an integrated mic with AI tech during the PS5 reveal campaign could potentially blow up just as much in their faces as bundled Kinect and always-on did for Microsoft's XONE reveal.
It doesn't have to be an integrated mic, they'll probably just repeat their PS4 strategy. Optional feature available via a headset or with the purchase of an official camera.

ximg_5744e242dd874.jpg.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.TN6T0BKe6k.jpg

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
A neat idea, but I doubt anything past "pull up wikia" will make it in games due to the work involved for a full context sensitive system to be in games

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
A neat idea, but I doubt anything past "pull up wikia" will make it in games due to the work involved for a full context sensitive system to be in games

Yeah, XBOX had "Xbox Help" at launch and it was used for nothing beyond bringing up a digital manual for the game you were playing as developers had better things to work out.

the patent here shows various pieces of data being used to calculate the content, for example the AI looking at a screenshot that is transmitted when it is engaged.

I suppose they could match that image up to user clips of the same area of a game to show you what another player did (as a fairly simple solution)

Xbox has a Similar feature for achievements, but it relies on websites that are populated with the solutions.