• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ

gtMtqMF.png

881V7Uz.png
IsudB7t.png

from last year (forecast for FY 2017):

ZkdocRa.png

forecast for FY2018 - 16 million units

4B7fkaV.png

FqqbrGN.png

Forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019

Sales are expected to be essentially flat year-on-year mainly due to an expected decrease in PS4 hardware sales and the impact of foreign exchange rates, substantially offset by an expected increase in PS4 software sales, including sales through the network. Operating income is expected to increase primarily due to the impact of the above-mentioned increase in PS4 software sales, partially offset by the impact of the above-mentioned decrease in PS4 hardware sales.

---------

Number of PlayStation®Plus subscribers – 34.2 Million

sF7EnlH.png

Additional info:

Sales increased 294.0 billion yen (18%) year-on-year (a 13% increase on a constant currency basis) to 1,943.8 billion yen. This increase was primarily due to an increase in PlayStation®4 ("PS4") software sales, including sales through the network, the impact of foreign exchange rates, as well as an increase in the number of subscribers for PlayStation®Plus, a paid membership service. Operating income increased 41.9 billion yen year-on-year to 177.5 billion yen. This increase was primarily due to the above-mentioned increase in sales, partially offset by an increase in selling, general and administrative expenses. During the current fiscal year, there was a 19.8 billion yen positive impact from foreign exchange rate fluctuations.
JgFBlEs.png

Last edited:

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
NVM. Fubared it. Down by only a million YOY and still reaching its target by over a million is still a decent result, mind.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Why the declining forecast? It just surpassed their recent forecast (albeit barely) and there are still some huge games coming out (and inevitable price cut).

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they again overshipped during holiday quarter as that is very low Q4 shipment considering the sales data we have (more than Switch in both US and Japan for the quarter and yet lower shipment).

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Probably lowering forecasts because they will be holding back on software until PS5 now? Though with cross- gen being a thing I don't see the point in holding back, so maybe not.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 should release at the end of 2019. The lower projections for 2018 signal it's time to start warming up for next gen.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
16m forecast seems pretty low, 2018 is probably a stronger year for sony compared to 2017

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think they will surpass the16mil easily with Spider-man,RDR2 and a 199 temporary price drop for November and December.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
16m is a pretty conservative forecast even without any price drops

They should blow past that pretty easily

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Hmm, YOY is lower. Guess 2019 PS5 launch rumours should heat up soon. Maybe not the best time to purchase a Ps4 Pro anymore, until after Black friday, if Sony hasn't started more PS5 whispers

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
16M is definitely a conservative forecast considering their output this year.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
How accurate are these forecasts? 16 Million is quite a bit lower than I would've anticipated.

Oct 27, 2017
The forecast above is for the whole Sony corp. (which had a record year by the way, just like PlayStation)

The forecast for Sony GAME division is actually highter for this fiscal year : they expect 190 billion yen operating income instead of 177,5 billion yen, despite the decline in PS4 shipment.

Also guys check this document, there are some details about the breakdown between hardware, software and network services : https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/17q4_supplement.pdf

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
16mil is low estimate but the system is on its 5th year rn. It's been increasing in sales year on year but it gotta stop somewhere and this year is probably it. I expect them to sell above the forecast personally if all the games they r releasing this year review well.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Sony has been conservative with this quarter shipments and the forecast for the next FY. In Japan and USA Ps4 is tracking more or less the same as last year ( combined ). Unfortunately we don't know the situation in Europe but i don't see how thing would be that different this year.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
34.2 million plus subs?!?! They have almost as many Plus subs as XB1 systems that have been sold. That translates to a bit less than half of all Ps4 owners WW being Plus subscribers. That is CRAZY. I wonder what drove the huge growth in Plus subscribers since the update last March