• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed when I received my badge today that it was listing Sony as an exhibitor on the show floor. The only time a major manufacturer showcased at Pax South was when Nintendo launched the New 3DS and the Nintendo Switch. The 3DS launch was boring but the Switch was a smashing success. Lines were long, but it was a great showing by Nintendo overall with that airplane booth and hourly tournaments. Any hopes for major game or console announcements by Sony?

Also listed are Capcom, Bandai, Astro Gaming, Mixer, Discord, and Minefaire. And to quote the letter ...
"...biggest San Antonio show floor we've ever had..."

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2p8bomsnec0.jpg

OP
OP
Vade

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
God of Wars Cory Barlog is the keynote speaker to open the show fwiw.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
There still isn't a schedule for this fuckin event. What kinda major shows don't have their schedules and guests listed a month before they launch?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
lol i assume south getting any developers to be a big thing.

but didn't south build itself and pride itself on being a small thing? it's like the penultimate reason people go to pax, to hang out with friends

OP
OP
Vade

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
It's huge to get anyone big at South. It's been slowly getting bigger and bigger each year as renovations are completed.

We had CliffyB announced a (terrible) game and Gearbox teased borderlands 3 at Pax South a few years ago...I'm hopeful for something.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously we won't hear anything about PS5, but I know people acted like Sony wasn't going to speak at all during 2019. This is comforting.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Good news! That reminds me, I need to get my passes.

It's huge to get anyone big at South. It's been slowly getting bigger and bigger each year as renovations are completed.

We had CliffyB announced a (terrible) game and Gearbox teased borderlands 3 at Pax South a few years ago...I'm hopeful for something.

Don't forget the first Guild Wars 2 expansion was revealed at Pax South. I still have the shirt they gave to everyone haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to happen in a million fucking years but I'd love for San Antonio to get the first hands on of PS5 or something lol will never happen but I guess I'll go to play the PS4 games on the show floor

Krathoon

Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio is pretty cool. They have a river running through downtown and inside of a mall. They call it the Riverwalk. I am going again next year.

OP
OP
Vade

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
Got an email about all the games playable here.

RE2, DMC5, Days Gone, Firewall, Jump Force, and Ace Combat.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
It's gonna be NISA's first time at PAX South as well. I've been trying to find a way to do better outreach with our Midwest fans and had just enough hype/clout to allow for a booth with lots of demos, merch and our own (broadcast) panel. Hope to see some of ya'll there. #10270 around the corner from PlayStation.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
It's gonna be NISA's first time at PAX South as well. I've been trying to find a way to do better outreach with our Midwest fans and had just enough hype/clout to allow for a booth with lots of demos, merch and our own (broadcast) panel. Hope to see some of ya'll there. #10270 around the corner from PlayStation.

Awesome! I'll definitely check out the booth