• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit Gaba

Banned
Mar 27, 2020
This is old sorry mods please lock this thread.

EZEAr49WsAEPO53.jpeg

Seems like there will be "X" and "O" button on the back too if this patent is right.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
"A wireless charging adapter that can snap onto a computer game controller can be inductively coupled to a charging base to wirelessly recharge a battery in the controller. The adapter also can include keys that mirror keys on the controller so that a gamer can remove the adapter with controller from the charging base, keep the adapter on the controller, and use both the controller keys and adapter keys to control a computer game."

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I know patent diagrams don't necessarily represent the final product's final form but I can't parse that charger stand for the life of me.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
So it's an attachment that has the paddles and a wireless charging coil inside. That'll sell nice ($49.99+ imo) and put a lot less wear on the USB type c port.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice if i could just pop my controller on top of the console when i'm finished, and it charged like that.
This seems like an acessory thing though. Still cool.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the buttons would be customisable in some regard. I'm too used to the back button attachment now to have it be only X and O. Especially with X being on the right hand side of the controller.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully the buttons would be customisable in some regard. I'm too used to the back button attachment now to have it be only X and O. Especially with X being on the right hand side of the controller.
I don't think there will be buttons on the back. Those are just probably X and O signs for PS. They will sell an add on for back buttons though like DS4. Casuals would freak out if devs start using those buttons and if they are on the stock version they will start using them

Status
Not open for further replies.