• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how Knack 2 was free on release day for a while, and Sony seemingly didn't take it away later? Well, when installing my new SSD, I just discovered that Sony deleted it from my library after all.
I wonder, is it still playable for anyone who got it for free and hasn't deleted it?

UPDATE:
Oops, I made a mistake. The game is still there after all. I just noticed I hadn't restored the foreign account used to "purcase" it.
So Sony hasn't revoked the license. I am downloading it now.

Sorry for creating this thread, please lock/delete.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
If it isn't in your library it means they took the license away so even if it's downloaded it shouldn't be playable (in theory)

Weird of them to do it so long after the fact

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it's probably their right to do that but a little communication would have been nice. At least that's what I would expect if I was one of the affected people. I'm not a fan of doctoring quietly around in the libraries of users.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
This is more bizarre then anything else. I can't think if another time where game was revoked this much later. I know Knack 2 did poorly, but are they really that hard for the handful of sales from people who got it free and still want to buy it after?

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure that you didn't just forget to sign into your Knack 2 account?

iirc it was given away on Australian/NZ PSN first before eventually being given away on EU PSN a few hours later.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time to boycott Sony! /s

My son loved the game and we definitely got a lot of enjoyment out of this particular glitch in the system.

Jun 1, 2018
9b5.gif

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder who would have the guts to download Knack 2 to free, this is the kind of game that you happily spend your money on. Sony is doing a real favor here by relieving those people of their guilt and shame.

OP
OP
Occam

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Oops, I made a mistake. The game is still there after all. I just noticed I hadn't restored the foreign account used to "purcase" it.

Sorry for creating this thread.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Probably getting ready to give it away with PS+ next month so everyone can get it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Sorry for creating this thread.
yeah, license shit can be fuckin weird

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just checked as well. Saw it was still there and came to inform OP they might be missing something.

Last time Sony Removed a free game from accounts, they did it in about a week or less (Fallout 4, FIFA, and Amplitude come to mind).

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
I wonder who would have the guts to download Knack 2 to free, this is the kind of game that you happily spend your money on. Sony is doing a real favor here by relieving those people of their guilt and shame.

These are the exact post I was hopen to see in this thread lol. Say what you want about Knack but the commentary this game gets on forums and chat rooms generally makes me laugh all the time..

OP
OP
Occam

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked as well. Saw it was still there and came to inform OP they might be missing something.

Last time Sony Removed a free game from accounts, they did it in about a week or less (Fallout 4, FIFA, and Amplitude come to mind).
Yes, like I wrote, it was my mistake. Please update the title and lock if you feel like it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Huh? My local Australian PSN is completely different to the New Zealand PSN and the other PSN's in Europe.
They're all the same backend that draw from the same pool of games. They change the prices based on a set exchange rate and some games are not offered due to ratings, but you're still in the PAL store so to speak. The games you download are (almost?) always the same, whereas US or Japanese stores will give you different downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.