• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
k2mQXKc.gif
Ahh memories.

Good times.

Will be disappointed if taser isn't in this new game.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a trailer for a non-descript game plays at PSX. No one knows what it is. You see a man in a black tactical suit, infiltrating some super secret base/location. He takes out multiple guys quickly and silently, with a silenced pistol and a knife, but you never see his face. Suddenly, he trips an alarm, and bells and lights go off everywhere with commotion from the guards happening in the background. The man seems worried and quickly picks up an auto-rifle from one of the guards he killed.

An updated version of this song kicks in.

The camera swoops around and you see that it's none other than Gabe Logan. He radio's someone and you see a woman in the rafters picking people off with her sniper rifle. It's Lian Xing. Gabe starts running into the fray, with help from Lian, aiming every which way while taking out guards as the screen fades to black.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OH MY GOD!!!!

I hope this actually turns out to be something. Syphon Filter was one of my favorite franchises as a kid.

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But who would make it? Bend? After Days Gone?

I am pretty confident Bend is a one team studio (can someone confirm/refute this ?), they are all working hard on Days Gone now and it won't be out until some time. So it doesn't seem plausible.

I am betting on a remake from an outside dev to test the appeal of the brand.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It makes sense actually. Sony Bend Studio started staffing up like crazy like maybe a month and half ago and I know Days Gone was likely going into final tuning and winding down.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty confident Bend is a one team studio (can someone confirm/refute this ?), they are all working hard on Days Gone now and it won't be out until some time. So it doesn't seem plausible.

I am betting on a remake from an outside dev to test the appeal of the brand.
Bluepoint!!

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me the exact same game with modern graphics and right stick aiming and ill pay 60 bucks today.

No need to add levels or "reimagine" it.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I would love to see the franchise rebooted. But I bet it's Omega Strain coming to PS4 via the PS2 to PS4 Collection. But a full blown reboot would be amazing

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't the ps2 games just ports of the PSP games?
There was a PS2 only one too, Omega Strain, but I believe it was designed as an online game and the single player was tacked on.

My guess is we'll see some more PSP remasters at PSX, like Parappa, LocoRoco and Patapon last year. So maybe Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Patapon 2 and something else. I'd kill for a Killzone Liberation remaster, I loved that game.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like i keep hearing this and getting let down.

i wanna set bad guys on fire with the taser in HD please.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting hyped at every Sony conference for the return of Syphon Filter since the PS3 announcement will pay off!

syphon-filter-2-o.gif

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I played the shit out of the first game. I did buy it again as a PSOne classic on PS3 and boy it was quite something to control Gabe again. Swimmy and hip swaying as fuck.