• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So this page is up and yea this game is straight up published by Sony, so it appears they do have some sort of deal with Epic Games.

ReadySet Heroes | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play ReadySet Heroes at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

Go from zero to HERO in this fast-paced multiplayer dungeon crawler meets EPIC arena brawl! Choose your character, then race through random dungeons to slay monsters, dodge traps and collect tons of loot to power-up. You'll need it as there are other players or an opposing team racing through the same dungeon! Whomever reaches the end of dungeon first triggers a intense "winner-take-all" arena brawl. Whether its 2 teams or 4 solo players, only one winner or winning team will be left standing.

Go from Zero to Hero in Minutes
You start with only a wooden sword and must quickly battle through the dungeon, looting & scavenging for stronger armor, more powerful weapons & spells to gain new abilities to take on the fiercest of foes.

Coop and Competitive
Team up with a friend & battle your way through the dungeon & compete in the winner-take-all arena brawl. Play locally with (or against) your friends with up to 4-way split screen or go online and play with others.

Every Game is Different
Pick your favorite hero, customize their look and prepare for battle. Picking your character is just the start, what you find in the dungeon will change everything.

Easy Pick Up and Play
ReadySet Heroes taps into the classic couch multiplayer action offering short session, high-energy and easy pick up and play games

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they spoke yesterday about only releasing MP games on PC, so this fits.

Also, I've never heard of this game? Is it on PS4?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Hero Project Chinese games that Sony was pushing up there would be part of those multiplatform games Shawn mentionned.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they didnt publish any of the games they own, but are publishing a game they dont own

Well, they spoke yesterday about only releasing MP games on PC, so this fits.

Also, I've never heard of this game? Is it on PS4?

It was announced during their first state of play, it will be released October 1st

Jun 14, 2018
By the looks of it SIE doesn't even own the trademark. It says it belongs to Robot Entertainment Inc. at the bottom of the page. I wonder why Sony is involved in this.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
Good for Robot Entertainment because that game was really the underdog of the first State of Play. I can't remember anyone ever talked about that game in the first party thread since it was announced in March : /

Hopefully in this case the Epic money goes to the dev, Sony doesn't really need it.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if Sony publishes games in PC, they'll be EGS exclusives. Should have been expected tbh.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Good for Robot Entertainment because that game was really the underdog of the first State of Play. I can't remember anyone ever talked about that game in the first party thread ever since it was announced in March : /

Hopefully in this case the Epic money goes to the dev, Sony doesn't really need it.
Definitely not enough buzz. I thought it looked quite fun!

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Guns Up, Helldivers and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture were published by PlayStation Mobile. This is the first time under Sony Interactive.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was what was heavily implied by Shawn's quote of games that may need to lean on a wider audience could be release elsewhere.
no, they absolutely did not say they would only release multiplayer games. the article said they would be looking at bringing games to a wider install base with a particular focus on multiplayer games. They absolutely did not rule out single player

Nov 28, 2017
Shawn, his precursors and his current colleagues at SONY, are super accurate on what they communicate via PR, and most importantly, interviews.

Expected, but not so soon.

And as pointed already Helldivers (and EGTR) are already on steam, and of course the Quantic Dream games on EGS (one of the three games' IP is owned by QD and NOT SONY), but they're SP.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
no, they absolutely did not say they would only release multiplayer games. the article said they would be looking at bringing games to a wider install base with a particular focus on multiplayer games. They absolutely did not rule out single player

Shawn's exact quote on the issue is this

That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Why should it be expected? Is Epic helping to fund these games?
Sony is looking to publish games on PC, Epic is looking to distribute high-profile games on PC - and is offering better terms than Steam.

So why wouldn't Sony take the deal?

It's not the popular choice, but I have a hard time believing they'll lose a significant number of sales by making it. If Bloodbourne/Spider-Man/etc ended up on PC via EGS - sales will probably be identical to a release on Steam.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony gets a larger cut of each sale, that's why.
Yeah, I suppose. But tit's a much smaller market on EGS. Why not release on more stores to reach a much larger audience? Maybe if Sony signed a deal with Epic to guarantee a minimum profit, like some indie devs have done.

It's not the popular choice, but I have a hard time believing they'll lose a significant number of sales by making it. If Bloodbourne/Spider-Man/etc ended up on PC via EGS - sales will probably be identical to a release on Steam.
That seems very unlikely. The number of users on Steam dwarfs what is on EGS.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
They also published all the stuff made by Sony Online Entertainment/Dawnbreak, but i'm not sure if they where officialy part of SIE proper.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah, I suppose. But tit's a much smaller market on EGS. Why not release on more stores to reach a much larger audience? Maybe if Sony signed a deal with Epic to guarantee a minimum profit, like some indie devs have done.

It's probably timed, Quantic Dreams games will be on Steam a year later.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering other Sony-owned games have launched on Epic, like those Quantic Dreams games and Journey, I can see Sony and Epic being quite friendly. This might be Sony's way in to making PC games.

Yeah, Valve has done almost nothing for Sony.

Shit, Valve went ahead and made "console type PC's".

Its probably not in Sony to give Valve any more advantages and to give more power to EGS so to make them a more viable competitor and give Steam less power.

Pulling this out of me arse of course.