• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this could be posted to the gaming side, so here it is:

It's nice to see there was such an effort from the folks at Sony to celebrate diversity that they were actually recognized for it. Hopefully we get even more high profile products that also give visibility and representation for minorities and LGBTQ folks.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Slightly better look

uA3Xjsf.jpg

OP
OP
Adamska

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do feel that, between games like TLOU2 (lead by a lesbian female), Ghosts of Tsushima (lead by an all-asian cast), Detroit (they're all androids, but there's a lead female, a leading white man and a leading black man) and God of War (Kratos is played by a black man, even if he isn't portrayed as black and more as a tanned/olive-skinned person), that Sony seems very mindful of positive representation in their games (and it's not necessarily mandated or forced, considering they still have games with cis-male-white leads like Uncharted, Spider-man or Days Gone).

Snoshado

Oct 27, 2017
Reno, NV
I'm a fan. It's nice to see them going above and beyond for this float (and yes, I realize it's just a float, but still). Looks great and I hope it helped spread equality, even if just a little more.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting something safe and minimal from a big corporation but they went all out with that float, congrats to them.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I saw this picture earlier today and knew it was the London Pride parade but had no idea it was a Sony float. I completely glanced by the PlayStation at the bottom.

Edit: As Mugsy said, It's cool to see them not go extra tame.

Last edited:

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
I wanna bring up an old Console Wars phrase for the PlayStation but I feel it would be in poor taste.

In all seriousness this is pretty dope.