• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of people are assuming this uses PSP's emulator on the PS4 (https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...l-usable-psp-emulator-hidden-in-ps4s-parappa/). If so this opens to a lot of potential PSP to PS4 ports (or even PSone to PS4 ports). What would you like to see on the PS4?

I vote for the Suikoden I and II Collection by Konami. There's an actual PSP port but was never localized. Also had wide screen support.

Edit: Damn "would like to look into"

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Someone's gotta get the Digimon World trilogy off the PS1 and I know Sony's got the bling to make it happen

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Mega Man Legends also had a PSP version but never released outside of japan T_T

I.Q. Final would be great too!

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be closer to what I'm thinking:
It's based on PSP versions and it's running on the official PSP emulator for PS4. Hence the SIE involvement.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PaRappa the Rapper was also the PSP emulated version IIRC.

How were these Castlevania games on the PSP?

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
I'm glad sony's aware of the cachet of the more iconic third party titles from their previous console's catalogues, and is taking steps to bringing them back for current audiences. it is an excellent business strategy and helps the accessibility of these acclaimed titles, especially with reticent publishers like konami, say what you will about exclusivity

based on this particular partnership alone, I think it goes without saying that a renewed classic metal gear presence on sony platforms would be greatly appreciated. maybe we'll see the legacy collection ported over someday

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Megaman legends 1 and 2 60 fps port or remaster.

What's that sony? You want to also make Megaman legends 3...sure I'll take it.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want PSP to PS4 'ports', I just want a PSP/PSOne emulator on PS4 so I can play the games I purchased previously, buy other PSP/PSOne releases that are on PSN, and potentially see more PSP/PSOne games become available digitally to play on Vita.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony really were the ones who did this, I guess I can't complain about the lack of a Switch release. Really good on them! Get MGS4 on PS4!

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
would be nice if it was a 2d remaster with hd sprites or at least something that makes it better visually instead of just an upscale.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want PSP to PS4 'ports', I just want a PSP/PSOne emulator on PS4 so I can play the games I purchased previously, buy other PSP/PSOne releases that are on PSN, and potentially see more PSP/PSOne games become available digitally to play on Vita.

I'd like to see both. These PSP releases have new assets iirc so they're not just simple emulations.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly none. I don't like unnecessary exclusives. I'd love to see something like mgs4 get a rerelease, but not for just one system.