• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/sr-manager-corporate-development-m-a-at-playstation-1029088048?trkInfo=searchKeywordString:,searchLocationString:%2C+,vertical:jobs,pageNum:0,position:3,MSRPsearchId:47d3e496-7e09-4dd7-853d-c78e3f48610a&refId=47d3e496-7e09-4dd7-853d-c78e3f48610a&trk=jobs_jserp_job_listing_text

Sr Manager, Corporate Development (M&A)

San Mateo, CA

SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Manager, Corporate Development. SIE's Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE's management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and executes transactions that are aligned with SIE's strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.

The foundational work of the team involves developing market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal stakeholders. Members of the team will develop the business case (including synergies) and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services at SIE.

Edit:

Sony is also hiring Director Corporate Development (Mergers and Acquisitions)

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/...830-abd8-0f2b32b26452&trk=job_view_browse_map

SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Director, Corporate Development. SIE's Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE's management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and executes transactions that are aligned with SIE's strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I hope they don't buy anything big. I'm alright with MS doing it because their stuff will come to PC. But I don't want more amazing games like Bloodborne stuck on hardware that can barely handle it at 30fps

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I hope they don't buy anything big. I'm alright with MS doing it because their stuff will come to PC. But I don't want more amazing games like Bloodborne stuck on hardware that can barely handle it at 30fps
I support this hot take; my thoughts exactly.
Though I seriously wonder how much modding will be possible on future Obsidian UWP titles.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

dont be a hypocrite lol. but no, this is not a good thing if we're talking buying up companies. relegate your business to third party relations sony

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Sony couldn't afford Activision-Blizzard or EA, let's not be silly people, if they are buying anyone, it's someone small like Quantic Dream.
Though i would totally be okay with Sony buying Blizzard at this point lol.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sony couldn't afford Activision-Blizzard or EA, let's not be silly people, if they are buying anyone, it's someone small like Quantic Dream.
Though i would totally be okay with Sony buying Blizzard at this point lol.
This news doesn't mean they are buying someone anyways, it's not like they didn't have this division before.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I could see them going after a multiplayer based developer to start branching out from single player games. Maybe a studio like Respawn or Psyonix?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmmmm... interesting timing and all. Imagine this person they hire facilitates acquisitions of game studio/ companies and at PS5's announcement, they have a huge screen showing all the first party studios they own along with a few double-A acquisitions, like Microsoft did.., somehow I don't think Sony is going to do that.
Atleast, I hope they dont. I prefer they continue to let their games do the talking.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Mmmmm... interesting timing and all. Imagine this person they hire facilitates acquisitions of game studio/ companies and at PS5's announcement, they have a huge screen showing all the first party studios they own along with a few double-A acquisitions, like Microsoft did.., somehow I don't think Sony is going to do that.
Atleast, I hope they dont. I prefer they continue to let their games do the talking.

It's either all of that....

...Or this is just a company filling a vacant position.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what would buying a studio like QD achieve when they've been working exclusively for them since forever anyway?

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before we say it's an MSFT counter, remember they are abnormally stable with their current first party. This would be the time to acquire more studios, not while they are making layoffs, but when they need to round out more of their years with exclusive titles going into PS5