• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much is PSVR2 going to cost?

• $399

Votes: 253 10.2%
  • $499

Votes: 658 26.6%
  • $549

Votes: 155 6.3%
  • Arrogant Sony is back with $599

Votes: 1,405 56.9%

• Total voters

Raigor

May 14, 2020
blog.playstation.com

PS5 price to increase in select markets due to global economic environment, including high inflation rates

New recommended retail price coming to select markets in the EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions, plus Canada.

The global economic environment is a challenge that many of you around the world are no doubt experiencing. We're seeing high global inflation rates, as well as adverse currency trends, impacting consumers and creating pressure on many industries. Based on these challenging economic conditions, SIE has made the difficult decision to increase the recommended retail price (RRP) of PlayStation 5 in select markets across Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), Latin America (LATAM), as well as Canada. There will be no price increase in the United States.

The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise noted.*

• Europe
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
  • UK
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
  • Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥54,980 yen
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥44,980 yen
  • China
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan
  • Australia
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
    • PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95
  • Mexico
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
    • PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499
  • Canada
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99
While this price increase is a necessity given the current global economic environment and its impact on SIE's business, our top priority continues to be improving the PS5 supply situation so that as many players as possible can experience everything that PS5 offers and what's still to come.

Thank you for your continued support.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
lmao. the stores here in my country already sell above msrp due to the increased inflation and whatnot. they will just add this on top of that

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Already have one but they need to fuck off with that shit.

Already scamming us on game prices and now consoles too?

Satonaka

Oct 29, 2017
Madrid
In Spain it was already increased as for the last two years Sony has leveraged the scarcity making it unavailable as a standalone console, but only in expensive packs including a couple accessories, second controller and one or two games for ~800€

(This has been the official sales strategy of the country office, since it has been the same across all retailers)

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
game prices dropping from $70? haha no didn't think so - gotta love that the US doesn't get the price increase and pay less for games than Europe/Australia etc... as well

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Hilarious. So the US is not affected because there is no inflation there or it's the one area where the Xbox is keeping up ? ?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
*Select markets in EMEA, APAC, and LATAM not listed above may also receive price increases. Please check with your local retailer.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious. So the US is not affected because there is no inflation there or it's the one area where the Xbox is keeping up ? ?

idk about the other currencies and I'm not happy about it either, but the Euro has lost almost 15% of its value vs the Dollar since the start of the year...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the PS5 has already had an effective price rise seeing as the Horizon bundle (£500 instead of the £450 base price) is all you've been able to buy for months now.

So now that's £530 instead of the £450 I paid for my PS5 at launch? That's an expensive console.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Ooof, unfortunate for everyone else. I get the silicon shortage is likely the reason, but damn, is it at the PS3 $599 (sorry, but Ameridumb over here with currencies) meme territory now? Wild.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
In Spain it was already increased as for the last two years Sony has leveraged the scarcity making it unavailable as a standalone console, but only in expensive packs including a couple accessories, second controller and one or two games for ~800€

Some shops over here in Germany pull this shit. They don't sell the console alone anymore. You can only buy it if you buy the extended warranty and pay for them to set up your console for you. If you complain, they tell you that you can always go buy it elsewhere.

I saw them do it with the Switch when they were scarce during the pandemic and now recently with the XSX.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

Kudos to Valve for sticking with the SteamDeck Price when they likely could pull similar stuff.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disgusting. Nothing for USA though ?
And it's already 2 years old. Should have a price cut (of course it won't as demands are higher than availability) but a price up … lol

Hope Microsoft doesn't do the same and do a wild promotion about série x being the cheapest New gen gaming console (beside S) and Sony takes a big hit

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Not that this changes anything for me since I've had a system since launch, but it irrationally annoys me that American markets largely avoid these kinds of price increases, even though those of outside of them are typically paying more to begin with.

... Anyway, this makes sense. I imagine both other consoles are pretty keen to do this too, especially Nintendo in Japan because the yen is crazy weak at the moment.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
We understand the UK is going through a cost of living crisis right now, give us £30 extra for a PS5.

Fuck off, Sony.