• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
One Reddit user claimed on Saturday that he was able to receive a refund on his digital PS4 game by calling PlayStation's support line.

"I had to file a support claim online and sit on hold for over an hour to speak with someone, however they were quick to issue the refund and then delete the game off my library."

Other users in the same Reddit thread claimed they were also able to get a refund by contacting PlayStation support.

Sony introduced a new PlayStation Store refund policy last year which gives users 14 days to cancel PS4 digital purchases.

The terms cover pre-ordered content, as well as released games and DLC that players have not yet started to download or stream.

In cases where the user has started to download or stream purchased content, they are not eligible for a refund unless the content is "faulty".

VGC

Even Sony thinks the game is not ready to be released.

Satonaka

Oct 29, 2017
Madrid
I mean, if you were to describe the ps4 release with only one adjective, "faulty" would be a pretty suitable fit.

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda blows my mind this game launched in this state. Such a terrible mismanage of scope and direction, this game is just flat out too ambitious for the base consoles and most PCs out there.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think sittingon the phone for an hour really speaks to it being a violation of policy. They just relented to a stubborn customer

Dec 14, 2017
What's crazy about this is that the "next-gen" version isn't even the version that's available right now.

this is supposed to be a current/last gen release. Xbox did an entire Cyberpunk-themes Xbox One X.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand how this game made it past Sony and MS certification. What a fucking joke. I've seen titles denied release for much less than this.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This backlash is so unfortunate and yet predictable as someone who spent the last 18 months screaming that they should cancel the last gen versions. "But investors!". It was never going to work on decade old netbook CPUs.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
People have done this with other games too, I remember No Man's Sky being a major one. It isn't an admission by Sony that the game is faulty.

Sep 12, 2018
I'll never understand how this game made it past Sony and MS certification. What a fucking joke. I've seen titles denied release for much less than this.
giphy.gif

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I got a refund on No Man's Sky because it gave me motion sickness. The "we'll only give you a refund if there's a fault in the product" is just a line they give.

It depends more on the agent you chat with. Get a nice one? They'll refund you. Get one that's having a bad day? Ain't happening.

Of course they won't refund you if you have a history of begging for refunds, but if you're chill about it and have a valid reason, it's not that difficult get a refund.

Oct 25, 2017
There are 15 10/10 reviews in Metacritic lol. It's ridiculous how a faulty product is reviewed this well at launch. Haven't seen this happen with service games.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
With the way its running, on the base PS4 especially, i dont think they have any other options

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, don't buy this game on Playstation if there is no 5 behind your system.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Not sure how true this tweet is, but I suspect Sony/Microsoft aren't happy with the situation regardless.

The fact CDPR has kept silent on these issues and hasn't put out a statement is pretty telling.

Ubisoft apologised for the Unity situation and made the DLC free whilst WB pulled Arkham Knight from Steam after that games poor performance on PC. Let's see if CDPR do anything.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Is it really so bad? I keep reading stuff but a couple mates who have it say it's good. PS5 upgrade, that is.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should have just waited until The next gen versions were ready and axed the current gen ports

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely should be the case. The console release is straight-up broken and in an unacceptable state. It should not have passed certification.

I don't think sittingon the phone for an hour really speaks to it being a violation of policy. They just relented to a stubborn customer
I'd be quite certain that sitting on the phone for an hour is because of the waiting times to speak to somebody in Sony's support line, not actually talking to somebody for an hour.

EDIT:
Not sure how true this tweet is, but I suspect Sony/Microsoft aren't happy with the situation regardless.

The fact CDPR has kept silent on these issues and hasn't put out a statement is pretty telling.

Ubisoft apologised for the Unity situation and made the DLC free whilst WB pulled Arkham Knight from Steam after that games poor performance on PC. Let's see if CDPR do anything.
I wouldn't be surprised, however unless there's a source with some substance to it I wouldn't take that tweet to have any value as this is part of how misinformation spreads so easily.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
They should have just waited until The next gen versions were ready and axed the current gen ports

Sales wise is why they wouldn't do that.

I have CP2077 on the Series X and it's running great imo, no bugs or anything that I have witnessed.

I did however see the PS4/One and yeah, I would be disappointed to if I player those versions.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
There are 15 10/10 reviews in Metacritic lol. It's ridiculous how a faulty product is reviewed this well at launch. Haven't seen this happen with service games.
People didn't get the faulty version until a day before release. PS4's version metascore is currently at 35/100(one review lol, but I don't expect it to end up much higher).

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone talks about this but I remember when Skyrim was released on PS3 and literally became unplayable whatsoever for tons of people. It won GOTY at the same time my wife's copy was sitting dead in the water. "Well, they gave the GOTY to the PC version" I heard online at the time.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next-gen consoles basically "brute-forces" the performance issues due to the better hardware.

Without the next-gen consoles this would've been even more of a shitshow than it already is. And CDPR didn't put any effort into the next-gen consoles at all.

I guess this is what happens when you make the PC your primary platform for development. In that case they should've just delayed the console versions.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't understand how there must have been people who didn't expect this to be a technical mess on base last gen consoles.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I tried refunding on steam, 4 times I tried to restart the last bit of the bot mission as Jackie kept getting stuck in the building, after the 4th time it happened I put in a refund request but as I was over 2hrs they declined it.

Oct 27, 2017
Sales wise is why they wouldn't do that.

I have CP2077 on the Series X and it's running great imo, no bugs or anything that I have witnessed.

I did however see the PS4/One and yeah, I would be disappointed to if I player those versions.
I agree with the bolded, but I think that speaks to the quality of CDPR as the business that they'd rather mislead people and shovel out a broken product for profit rather than doing the right thing and accepting it can't run on the consoles they targeted.

EDIT:
I still don't understand how there must have been people who didn't expect this to be a technical mess on base last gen consoles.
Generally when a company releases a game and has a clear target of what consoles it's releasing on, people expect a base level of quality (i.e. this will not crash my console three times in two hours). I agree all signs were there that it would perform poorly, but given that they went ahead with the release I don't think anybody should have expected it to release in the state it's in.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

I mean, the game had like 10 million pre-orders right? That's ~3 million for each platform before launch. Not allowing the game to release would have meant a huge shitstorm for them and a huge amount of lost sales. Most of them probably shifted to other platforms.

Both, Sony and Microsoft probably thought it's safer to let it release and just refund those who are unhappy.
Most criticism is directed at CD Projekt anyway.

Though, it would have been better if all platforms rejected that mess of a game. But both platform holders aren't legally allowed to coordinate such a block for the game.
They would have to trust the other party to deny certification after making public that they did. And obviously both didn't trust the other to follow that up.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Nice that they have changed. Would not give me a refund on Anthem, the CSR even acknowledged the game was crashing PS4's and could not help me.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Good. This is the only way they'll learn not to take advantage of consumers.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Something to remember, apparently the main reason for the last delay was that the last gen console versions were so bad that it wouldn't get certified unless certain issues had been fixed.

Luckily I'm on ps5 and have only had 2 crashes and some minor glitches but it's clear the game has a lot of problems that need to have been fixed before release.