• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony still refuses to refund the game for me. Ever since the latest patch, the game won't boot.
they literally told me I'm stuck with a broken game and wait til it's patched. This was an hour after speaking to support. Some of the convo here.

Sony support continues being shit, was the same for me.

Fucking Final Fantasy making me dive into the Playstation ecosystem.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Not to thread derail, but is Microsoft doing this also? I have the LE Cyberpunk Xbox one X. What are the odds they let me return the whole console? 😅

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Have my support ID, but everytime I try to call I am told the call volume is too high and try again later. Then it just hangs up on me. Fantastic as always playstation. Went ahead and emailed that one in the dc projekt "statement." Will see what they say lol. If anything.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
So Sony is not giving refunds? The OP really needs to be updated because this if it's case by case the OP is not accurate.

*I reported so thread title can be updated accordingly

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't know how people thought it was a good idea to get it on consoles. They never even showed off how it ran on consoles (specifically base consoles) as far as I'm concerned. I may be wrong. But also, people playing the PC version are dealing with annoying bugs so it just seems like common sense to avoid the console version.

With that said, everyone who did buy it on consoles deserve a refund if they ask for one. The game shouldn't have been released. Furthermore this exposes problems within the industry(on the media side) even further, which made it easy for CDPR to do this. The media didn't do a good job at informing consumers, as usual. For example lets look at IGN. Their review looks like an one shoe fits all review on the surface. You go to their site and it just says Cyberpunk2077 review. The picture that goes along with it is the review score of a 9. It's not until you go to the review itself and scroll toward the last half of the review that you find out they've actually only reviewed the PC version of the game. Now, personally, I think it's fine. They could've put a note at the top of the review, but at their score portion of the review it literally just says "PC." I won't blame them for a consumer making a mistake but they could make changes for the future. Now I want to go in on the review aggregation sites like Opencritic. They don't split up reviews per system. The game has a score of 87 and that fits for all systems. With that said there is now a large notice warning consumers about this shady shit. So kudos to them for that, but they should make changes. That's because on the flip side there is Metacritic who actually splits up the reviews by system. Xbox and Ps4 only have two reviews. They aren't good. The PC version has over 50 reviews for a score of 90.

My point is pretty simple, consumers are stupid. Incredibly stupid actually lol. However, fuck CPDR for exploiting that for their own pockets. Hopefully this serves as a lesson for consumers. I do wonder if a class action lawsuit is possible. If so I hope it happens because those who brought it on console deserve their money back.

It's different for us nerds on ResetEra, but expecting consumers to deep dive into what version is being shown where or what to expect based on how CDPR are manipulating coverage is unfair.

The hype and marketing built by CDPR for this game is not that reserved for a PC exclusive. CDPR have attended console centric events and specifically targeted 100m+ console users for Cyperpunk 2077. This is a game released for and targeted at console players. Console buyers have spent years looking forward to a product sold as being available to them just the same as PC players have.

The performance of the console versions being dogshit is on CDPR. It's their mess. Even console players who are broadly aware that the experience is going to be less premium than playing on a high end PC don't deserve to be ripped off or swindled. And let's not beat around the bush here, that is what the console version of this game is. A complete con.

Jun 16, 2018
I played for 15 hours on Xbox, finally admitted I couldn't handle the frames anymore as it was ruining combat. Put in a refund not expecting it to work...it did

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
It's different for us nerds on ResetEra, but expecting consumers to deep dive into what version is being shown where or what to expect based on how CDPR are manipulating coverage is unfair.

The hype and marketing built by CDPR for this game is not that reserved for a PC exclusive. CDPR have attended console centric events and specifically targeted 100m+ console users for Cyperpunk 2077. This is a game released for and targeted at console players. Console buyers have spent years looking forward to a product sold as being available to them just the same as PC players have.

The performance of the console versions being dogshit is on CDPR. It's their mess. Even console players who are broadly aware that the experience is going to be less premium than playing on a high end PC don't deserve to be ripped off or swindled. And let's not beat around the bush here, that is what the console version of this game is. A complete con.
I don't expect consumers to do that. If I did I wouldn't say consumers are stupid lol.

At the end of the day I do agree with you that this is really just on CDPR. They are cons. However, I'm not going to be blind to some of the idiocy of consumers. Maybe it's the cynic in me that causes that viewpoint. I don't want my comments to be misconstrued as some defense for that disgusting company. Consumers should learn a lesson, the company should be punished.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It runs, surprisingly. Well...
tenor.gif

Not surprised Sony's being a bit difficult. The one time I had to get a refund due to a regional issues after I had done some relocating was like trying to move a mountain.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, guess no refund for me:

Now what...?

By rights you should be able to use a charge back option without having your account nuked but Sony being Sony.

The biggest joke of this correspondence is Sony are acknowledging the statement from the developers as they talk about patches which are coming down the road but refuse to acknowledge the part of statement which says you are entitled to a refund.

That is disgraceful and purely being selective with the facts to justify not giving you a refund.

Not forgetting that their is no guarantee at all that any said patches will resolve the issues with the game. What happens in January/feb if there are still major problems?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's clear this game was barely ready for PC and not at all ready for everything else. It's a shame console launch timetables required them to ship such a complete mess to the public so the platform holders can have their next-gen launch game.

I wouldn't be surprised in six months, no one will remember the awful launch and will tout CP2077 as being a great launch title for these next-gen platforms which as of right now, can't even properly run said game.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Not to say this isn't true these days or that it isn't the goal but I'm gonna point out that in fact cert at least in part of this generation didn't do anything near that level of testing, there are games with trophies on ps4 that are impossible to unlock because the games are so broken that stat tracking didn't work at all and meant the trophies couldn't be unlocked, I think it was dragon fin soup or something, and I remember hearing the devs said they couldn't fix the issues as they had a port company handle the port, some weird excuse. Also we've seen more than once this generation that games are broken as fuck and cert didn't stop a thing, so I seriously doubt cert is doing everything that they're meant to be doing at all, even if they say they are. Hell from day 1 of the consoles we had broken as fuck games like battlefield 3 that had save erasing issues for the single player which meant the game often couldn't be finished easily at all, mixed in with the insane number of crashes etc. As I said, they are meant to be doing all the stuff you have stated but they aren't doing enough, testing a controller works or the home screen does etc doesn't mean jack shit to the average user who can't even play a game without it crashing or fucking up saves etc every time they do, more needs to be done to test these games but sadly the size games are now I don't see them being tested correctly from start to finish.
I know at least MS takes achievements seriously but obviously that doesn't mean they can't be broken. The same goes for saves. The problem will always be that they can only have so many people playing through the games. So if a bug only happens under set conditions testers are unlikely to see them in cert because testing isn't as rigorous as normal QA. I'm also assuming game devs are providing save states for testing to speed things along which also means things are missed. Ultimately blame has to be placed on the devs because the platform holders have a finite number of testing resources.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me wonder which is the worst 2020 co-marketing deal: Sony with the Avengers or Microsoft and Cyberpunk.
It's clearly Cyberpunk.

Avengers bombing is an embarrassment to Square.

Cyberpunk has actively damaged the reputation of a company to the point that people had to get mass refunds and the game got delisted. That's absolutely nuts.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
It's clearly Cyberpunk.

Avengers bombing is an embarrassment to Square.

Cyberpunk has actively damaged the reputation of a company to the point that people had to get mass refunds and the game got delisted. That's absolutely nuts.

Right? Avengers was an average game that likely won't make gamers too hesitant on future Square titles.

But Cyberpunk is all CDProjekt has and what will that mean for the next title in 3+ years?