• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Companies copy each other all the time.

I remember LittleBigplanet's motto "play.create.share" being copied numerous times including by Microsoft's Project Spark.

The only reason anyone would be upset by this could only be fanboyism.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
xbox360.jpg

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big deal but also funny seeing people jump to defend Sony for this

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It fits, but I'm sure if Microsoft had it copyrighted Sony wouldn't have been able to use it, but Microsoft probably couldn't copyright it anyway since it's used in a lot of other places as well.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that they did this. It's more funny that somebody actually made a thread about it.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
Incredible.

At this point, it's pretty much safe to assume that Sony has lost all credibility and PS5 is DOA.

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn Sony smh that's it I'm switching to Xbox next gen. I can't stand blatant shit like this. What are they thinking. This is beyond ridiculous 😡

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Not a big deal honestly. This probably happens all the time with slogans.

But some of the Sony Fans are taking this thread a bit too seriously.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I legit don't see the issue.
Whole different set of consumers.

So... This is how it works. Until now, MS didn't need to try. It worked for them and hopefully it works for PlayStation.

If the services get really competitive in the future, you'll see things start to change with marketing. But let's not pretend this hasn't happened from both sides, shall we?

People scream competition is good until it starts happening and then are surprised by how it really works😅

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's scummy for sure, I recommend anyone reading this comment check out the rest of the thread and Discover your next favorite commenter.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It's clear that they knew, the same they knew the format of the last SoP was a (bad) imitation of N Directs.

It's not a problem though, if this works for them and there's no legal problem it's fine.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony imitating Xbox or even Nintendo isn't anything new. They more or less make it better or worst whatever they try to copy.

You definitely got long arms for this reach tho.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
it's been confirmed that they've been made aware of this, & will be changing it to 'stumble upon your next favorite game' within the next few days...

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Era concern this week:

Man, PS Now is stealing from Microsoft!
Man, FFVII is a ripoff!
Man, Uncharted 1 was never good!
Man, PlayStation All-Stars was so terrible! Let's talk about that s'more!

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I legit don't see the issue.
Whole different set of consumers.

So... This is how it works. Until now, MS didn't need to try. It worked for them and hopefully it works for PlayStation.

If the services get really competitive in the future, you'll see things start to change with marketing. But let's not pretend this hasn't happened from both sides, shall we?

People scream competition is good until it starts happening and then are surprised by how it really works😅
Wait, do you think Xbox and Sony fans are completely different set of consumers lol?

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is this literally a turn of phrase they put in a single video description 3 months ago ? Because I can't find it anywhere else on the other game pass videos.

Edit : Never mind it's on the website as well

OP
OP
Neat

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Look at posts above, it's a common slogan.
Sure, nobody is saying Microsoft owns the rights to that tagline or anything of the sort. But it's about the optics here. Xbox Game Pass is literally the principal competitor to PlayStation Now. It makes the situation a little different from a random relatively unknown company or product adopting it for their own.