• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Same shit happened to me. I got the email about it, so then I just went ahead and renewed. Turns out that doesn't stop the auto renewal, so they charged me AGAIN and I have another year on my account. Making it renew annually regardless of your subscription length is some idiotic anti consumer bs.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I thought auto-renewal being an auto thing is something that EVERYBODY knows when using any sort of subscription service. Like, ALL OF THEM do it, haha.
Same, I have like 7 subs and they all work like this. Hell I got an extra month free of game pass because I turned auto renewal on (then turned it off the next day lol). It's the default, it sucks but it is what it is.

Nov 1, 2017
I thought auto-renewal being an auto thing is something that EVERYBODY knows when using any sort of subscription service. Like, ALL OF THEM do it, haha.
The issue is that the Re-Subscribe box seems to conveniently recheck itself without you noticing. And I'm pretty sure it's not just due to adding a "trial" or "extension" added to your subscription. I wouldn't be surprised if it automatically rechecks itself after a System Update for example.