• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Nice Numebers for The Last Guardian (2M) and Shadow of the Colossus (1.3M)!

Also amazing numbers for TloU2 remaster....

Oct 25, 2017
The Yakuza 6 number makes me hate most of you.
I didn't buy it because I need to play the other games first. I'm missing Yakuza 3 right now because it's impossible to find anywhere and it's not on PSN, so now I'm waiting for the PS4 port. I got the PS3 versions of Yakuza 4 and 5 from PS Plus a long time ago although I'll probably not play those and buy the PS4 versions instead.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this bad? Has it been twisted into something negative and harmful yet?
Just seems like nothing.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
That's a pretty massive fuck-up on Sony's part. You had better believe that their 3rd party partners will be screaming at them to get it taken down right now... (especially the likes of Bethesda; that Fallout 76 number is outright embarrassing for them)

A smart guy (with a decent amount of time on their hands) would be backing these all up right now...

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I know these numbers aren't accurate, just an estimate, but 1,190k for Mirror's Edge Catalyst is rough... The game has been heavily discounted for years now.

That's a pretty massive fuck-up on Sony's part. You had better believe that their 3rd party partners will be screaming at them to get it taken down right now... (especially the likes of Bethesda; that Fallout 76 number is outright embarrassing for them)

A smart guy (with a decent amount of time on their hands) would be backing these all up right now...
Well, that's exactly the purpose of the website in the OP.

I don't know why Sony decided to go with actual numbers instead of percentages, though. The amount of people who achieved said trophy does not indicate how rare it is at all.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are probably region specific. This is because I doubt my Summer Lesson trophies aren't my rarest ones :lol

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't buy it because I need to play the other games first. I'm missing Yakuza 3 right now because it's impossible to find anywhere and it's not on PSN, so now I'm waiting for the PS4 port. I got the PS3 versions of Yakuza 4 and 5 from PS Plus a long time ago although I'll probably not play those and buy the PS4 versions instead.

OK, you're off the list.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
yakuza 6 - 182k, amazing that Sega still bothers localizing these.

I bought two copies of the After Hours Edition so I could have four whiskey glasses

I sold one copy of the game to a local game shop and I haven't yet played the copy I kept because I want to finish Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 5 first.

So if I'm not alone in things like that, I'm not sure that number is representative.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7 million for GT Sport.

"Ded gaem!" they said. must have been the only game in the past year to get "heavily bundled" and "discounted" to reach those sort of numbers..............etc. etc.

Good to see. Now PD, GT7 before PS5 hits?

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
The Yakuza 6 number makes me hate most of you.
I never heard of this series til I saw era thread for Yakuza 6. But like the thread advised, I went to start at Yakuza 0. After beating Y1 I went on to buy & finish FoTN: Lost Paradise.

At some point I'll hit Y2 and then the new Judgment will be here at some point. Gonna be awhile for Yakuza newbies work their way up to Y6 with all these titles they making

Nov 30, 2018
While it's not global numbers, Burnout Paradise at under 300k is really sad to see.

2h51h06.png

I don't know why people think remasters with low numbers means "bad"

jaffaro

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
These numbers are fake as shit.
Red Dead Redemption 2 shipped 17 milion copies in just 12 days after release(yes, I know shipped doesn't equal played, but that was over month ago). So 6 mils on PS4 + let's say 4 mils on Xbox gives 10 millions.

16 millions for The Last of Us Remastered, when it was announced in june that the game sold 17 millions across both consoles, and we know that at least 7 millions just on PS3 (in 2014). So it gives us about 9 millions for PS4.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Yeah I'm on Team fake as well. Capcom's published official numbers for RE7 come at around 6 million on all platforms. This site says it 6 million players on PS4 alone. That would be a lot of reselling and loaning the game out

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
These numbers are fake as shit.
Red Dead Redemption 2 shipped 17 milion copies in just 12 days after release(yes, I know shipped doesn't equal played, but that was over month ago). So 6 mils on PS4 + let's say 4 mils on Xbox gives 10 millions.

16 millions for The Last of Us Remastered, when it was announced in june that the game sold 17 millions across both consoles, and we know that at least 7 millions just on PS3 (in 2014). So it gives us about 9 millions for PS4.
RDR2 probably won't be accurate (if their method works, it's based of trophy %, so not great) due to it's release, the numbers are from somewhere between November 20th and December 4th, so possibly wouldn't have even had a full month to fully track.

The PS3 version wouldn't be counted for TLoU Remastered either, PSN would consider them separate games. Players aren't all sales either.

Last edited:

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
If this is true then only 2509 people have played 11-11 Memories Retold which is absolutely sickening :(

522 players have the Feline Therapy trophy, which has a rarity of 20.8%.......

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My rarest trophy was the worst is over from 428: Shibuya Scramble, which only 175 people had. The trophy has a 12.4% rarity, which would mean... 1,400 players.

Damn, I can't believe it. That's so depressing if true.

Edit: haha, just saw Peff's post above. I know NA and Europe have different trophy sets. Are you on the NA set too or did you play the EU version?

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My rarest trophy was the worst is over from 428: Shibuya Scramble, which only 175 people had. The trophy has a 12.4% rarity, which would mean... 1,400 players.

Damn, I can't believe it. That's so depressing if true.

Edit: haha, just saw Peff's post above. I know NA and Europe have different trophy sets. Are you on the NA set too or did you play the EU version?

EU, makes sense it would be a lot lower given that it's English only.

Man.

Hopefully Steam made up for it somewhat.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Actual to date: somewhere between 20 November and 4 December 2018

I cannot really believe this numbers. I probably understood it wrong. Youre telling me that 8 million ppl played Fifa...

Or is it how many ppl logged into it in the life time.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yikes at Fallout, but tbh, has there ever been a game with 50 meta that was a critical success?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

I cannot really believe this numbers. I probably understood it wrong. Youre telling me that 8 million ppl played Fifa 14 and 19 million ppl played Fifa 15 within the last few weeks?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EU, makes sense it would be a lot lower given that it's English only.

Man.

Hopefully Steam made up for it somewhat.
Ouch.
I hoped this somehow proved these numbers weren't reliable, because 2.2k players across both PS4 regions sucks so much.

Fuck it, I'll rebuy the game from EU PSN when it's on sale. That game is somewhere between ranks #1 and 2 as my GOTY.

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
The low number for Yakuza is so sad. Wonder why they even bother bringing those games west with numbers like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Shocked at yakuza 6..only 182k and it was the fastest selling in the series?
disappointed.gif (disappointed at people for not trying this awesome series)

Yup, yet some members on this board still believe that Japanese devs are lazy for not porting their games to Xbox and uncle Phil should rent a flat in Japan so he can go there every week.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

I cannot really believe this numbers. I probably understood it wrong. Youre telling me that 8 million ppl played Fifa 14 and 19 million ppl played Fifa 15 within the last few weeks?
That is the date Sony based the trophy stats off. So from it's release to November 20th - December 4th the total playercount was 19million people had played FIFA15

Aug 26, 2018
Need for Speed Payback 4.4 Mil (Holy!!)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (1.15 Mil)
The Last Guardian ( 1.9 Mil)

Happy to see these games did better than I thought. I know these are rough estimates but still.

SoTR: PS4 (1.15) + Xbox (400k) +PC ( 600k-700k) = Approx 2.2 Million

For a game that was declared as a failure based on the heavy discount & free demo, it is still a strong IP.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously no one posted GoW and Spidey numbers yet? With y'all begging Sony to reveal updated numbers for months I'd assume those would be the first people would try to figure out.

Not really, when you include pre-owned games, rentals, people sharing games with family and friends etc

Those Detroit numbers are really close so who knows.

Last edited:

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
The low number for Yakuza is so sad. Wonder why they even bother bringing those games west with numbers like that.

The West represents a growth opportunity. Sales are unlikely to grow significantly in Japan, if at all, and as a matured franchise they need to find new growth opportunities.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
What this list probably doesn't include (and it's probably a super small number to begin with) are the people that buy games but don't start them.
I'm super guilty of this. Usually not brand new games, but usually every sale I buy something I'm interested in and it's 50/50 if I actually play it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
These are likely unique players, correct?
So this may not translate into copies sold, but it should be relatively close.
Not really, when you include pre-owned games, rentals, people sharing games with family and friends etc
SoTR: PS4 (1.15) + Xbox (400k) +PC ( 600k-700k) = Approx 2.2 Million

For a game that was declared as a failure based on the heavy discount & free demo, it is still a strong IP.
Source for the Xbox and PC player counts?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Those Detroit numbers are really close so who knows.
Well, we do know that pre-owned game sales are a massive thing. GameStop's entire business model alone relies on it, the likes of eBay is stuffed full of second hand games, and selling on is one of the most cited reasons for people continuing to buy physical. And rental is still a thing around the world, the likes of Gamefly and Redbox in the US and Boomerang in the UK for example.

And from the responses to various PUBG Xbox player count milestone threads, we know that 100 different players will play a single copy of a game on one console.

Aug 26, 2018

Source for the Xbox and PC player counts?

Well, I was using the art of Deduction :)

Usually the PS4 version is around 60% in terms of Sales especially for a game like SoTR, Steamspy has SoTR between 500k-1M, so I put 600-700k ( I know its not that accurate but gives an approximate).