• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 26, 2018
Like... What even is this shit?

It's just the latest in a series of really really bothersome things they're doing. I was hyped for the ps5 launch and succumbed to buying Miles and Demon's for 70 bucks but fuck that for Returnal and Ratchet and Clank. Psnow has been pretty subpar for the year I've been subbed and I'll let that run out and they're also straight up rehashing PS Plus Collection games like they did for Days Gone.

Obviously the most egregrious thing was the Japan Studio closure which I understand that they were under performing for a while but dammit they are doing better than ever monetarily and they could have at least given them another genuine chance with something big instead of letting them die with a whimper.

I'm just aggravated at them right now.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
this forum needs to realize the large majority of people are still in current gen and both of these additions are awesome for them

get out of your high horses

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
this forum needs to realize the large majority of people are still in current gen and both of these additions are awesome for them

tenor.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any idea how PS Now works? Do you think those server racks they got are just going to magically turn into PS5 hardware?

edit: forgot you can download games with this service now

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
#FireJimRyan

Everything is mismanaged right now.
Is it? Because PS is making money like crazy. We are an enthusiast forum looking at it through an enthusiast viewpoint.

Do you have any idea how PS Now works? Do you think those server racks they got are just going to magically turn into PS5 hardware?

While this is true for streaming, there's no reason they couldn't host the PS5 version for the downloadable ones.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any PS5 game on PS Now? I would expect that due the shortages Sony can't even upgrade their servers to run PS5 games.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
"They aren't giving me the next gen version of this game as a part of a subscription service so let me cause violence to them"

perfectly normal thought process here

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I can see why that would be frustrating, but yea they aren't going to fill up their centers with PS5s all of a sudden. Or anytime soon.

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
PSNow doesnt offer anything PS5 yet, so why do they need a kick in the teeth? Some people need to calm down.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yeah, I agree they should offer the PS5 versions to download.

I think part of the issue is that you currently cannot stream PS5 games, but having the option to download the PS5 version would still be better than what they are offering at the moment.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I get the point but this is the best month ever for PS Now for me.

PS4 users have have not been served as well by PS+ so this balances it out.

Edited to change words

Sep 7, 2020
Playstation is fine. We will look back in a year once they have a bunch of games and think how silly the fire Jim Ryan stuff is. They have great stuff coming.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
Well I got psnow for a dollar, and my expectations are around the dollar level.

is it dumb? Yeah kinda I guess.

am I teeth kicking mad, lol no.

see ya'll on avengers this afternoon!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Who said Square/2K wants to "give" the next gen version, but can't?

And funny how you just used this thread to rant about everything you hate about PS lol

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): hostility, antagonistic language (‘bootlicker’)

Nah maybe offer the free upgrades that come with these games.
Expect more of these companies and don't be a bootlicker.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
It'd still suck but it would be understandable if the upgrades were paid. The kicker here is that both upgrades are free. There's no reason not to offer it. It's just so strange.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean i'm not excusing them but PS Now is not a service for PS5 games at the moment.
This has been the case the entire time so it's not surprising that a PS4 service doesn't have PS5 options as of yet.
They definitely need to fix that obviously but don't be dramatic.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I had the feeling, SquareEnix`s Avengers will be PS4-only (see FF7 Remake on PS Plus) :)
And PS Now being trash is nothing new.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make a video of yourself destroying your PS5 in protest op. That'll show them.

/s

I think this is an oversight that'll work itself out in time. Borderlands seem to allow the PS5 upgrade patch so the avengers thing will work in a few hours or 2-3 days.

The whole cross-gen bs is starting to get bonkers.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
But PS Now is more than just streaming. What about the downloadable part of it?
Unfortunately PS Now is streaming first with some downloadable titles. Someone correct me if I am wrong but there are no titles that are not streamable, the system probably isnt even built for that.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
To be fair 2k21 was last gen only on Game Pass. It's dumb for sure but it's likely on the publishers

Oct 27, 2017
PSNow doesnt offer anything PS5 yet, so why do they need a kick in the teeth? Some people need to calm down.

Yup, nothing new here, anyone can check PS Now website, there is nothing about having access to PS5 games so far.

That said, this service is going nowhere as it is, they should consider merging it with PS+ in a form of a "PS+ Ultimate" option, something like that.