• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2017
on crossplay:

"On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief," he said.

"But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform."

on increasing competition
"I think competition is always good. Healthy, fair competition is always good for the industry and growth," he said.

"I think competition with Nintendo and Xbox is a healthy situation."
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...xbox-switch-cross-platform-play-a8516081.html

cross me out and lock me in a walled garden if old.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This'll be fun.

And this is a terrible response, especially in light of Nintendo signing on to cross-play, who have historically been more restrictive when it comes to online features.

We all know the real reason why.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The best experience for users is to play with all of their friends regardless of platform

May 3, 2018
"Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users" yeah well I've got some Digital Foundry videos that say otherwise, pal

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the title quote from?

Nice nickname. :lol

Edit: read the article. Question answered.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
"On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief," he said.

"But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform

This means absolutely nothing.

"Playstation is always the best place to play, and we don't want to compromise that. Except when we do, and then it's okay."

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly still mad I had to make a new account for Switch. Really think this is dumb of them, I have stopped playing Fortnite on PS4 entirely.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah no. It's about money. Stop pushing your users in front of you when everybody wants crossplay.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Why say anything? They were doing good at that this just reignites the flames how dense.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Arrogant Sony back in full power. Hopefully Microsoft beat them to submission next Gen so they relearn some humility. Just like 2006!

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Man, fuck off Sony.

But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC

THAT ISN'T THE ISSUE. Sony regurgitating the same bad faith arguments I see around the internet. We want it with other consoles!

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Well I agree.

I want my playing ecosystem to more close possible... I don't want to play against somebody else outside PS4.

But that is me of course... I even dislike cross-play with PC that have in some titles.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
That really irks me as someone who can't play with my PC Fortnite account on my Switch because I logged into the PS4 version once. This stance is pushing me towards buying multi platform titles elsewhere, despite the PS4 generally being my platform of choice.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously the best experience for gamers includes protecting the children. People who play on PC? Safe to let interact with children. Those rapscallions on Xbox and Switch? No way.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Where it the quote in the interview? OP just made it up?

No, I thought so as well;

Speaking at the IFA technology show in Berlin, Sony chief executive Kenichiro Yoshida said he felt playing on the PlayStation 4 was the best experience for gamers and therefore should not be compromised.

Not sure why it wasn't included in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.