• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Crossplay is off by default in most games, or has the option to opt out. This has been stated repeatedly in this thread (and the old ones).

In Street Fighter V at least it is on every time you turn on the game. Turn it off in one session, that only lasts as long as the session lasts. Next time you come back, cross-play is enabled by default again and you have to turn it off again. Every single time.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I've got no skin in this fight, but I will say that I love the ribbing Microsoft and Nintendo are giving Sony on this and hope it continues in the future.

XBOX_SWITCH.jpg
It's stuff like this that proves we're in the weirdest timeline.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
They are dominating worldwide, buddy :D
Based on company projections PS4 will not be the best selling gaming device this year.

Now, obviously company projections don't mean all that much, but we'll see how it all plays out.

I think PS4 will remain a huge success, but heading into next gen they are certainly not guaranteed anything with MS's ambitious plans and the Switch likely starting with a 60 plus million install base lead.

I can easily envision a scenario where Playstation loses significant momentum and marketshare, so Sony better play their cards right.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Until MS gets a decent first party lineup, I'm not sure Sony has much to worry about. And Nintendo as always is doing their own thing. Still, what a chickenshit response

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I have a sneaking suspicion that Microsoft is going to eat Sony's breakfast, lunch and dinner next generation. Sony just seems so out of touch with the wants of consumers in a few key areas.
I know. It's obnoxious that they haven't launched at least one high quality first party game every year since the PS4 launch. And I wish they would at least give us 5 high quality first party games over the next two years, but they aren't....wait a minute.

Thank the lord we are fighting to have a bigger pool of players on Fortnite, that's what really matters.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhhh you.

Finally I took a breath while I was in the subway going to bus station to travel to my home but that didn't mean I wan't reading the thread.

You find these stats but they didn't discredit what I said and you will need to take my word for that or we can make a little deal to be fair with your hard work.

I don't want to say anything without show proof about what happened... I don't know what you can see ingame but I remember you have some history and saved matches.

The deal I want is pretty simple (and it is a bet if I can find anything on my PS4 so the risk is all on my side) if I can show evidence from my PS4 that the matches happened like it really happened then you will need only apologizes to here.

But if I can't find any evidence then I will apologize to everybody, says I was the wrong one and not talk about SFV cross-play or cross-play in general in ERA even it being all true what I said.

I just need a deadline... not because I'm afraid but because some here knows I'm away from play for close a year (played so little GTS and basically nothing of Destiny 2... two together didn't reach 80 hours)... I'm working in a new Job that takes places in a city 500km from my home without airplane option to travel... so I go home every weekend but I did not have my PS4 in week days.

Said that the deadline will be Tuesday night because I will get my PS4 this weekend, box it to travel, take the bus Sunday night to get at my temporary room on Monday night after the work.., so that will be when I will book my PS4 to check it.

Tuesday is just to be safe if any issue happens on Monday... but if I can get Monday find I will post on Monday.

What do you say?

PS. I need an expertise help... the matches people quit when I was winning is not recorded on the site? There are any place I can see them?
"I lied but I'm still right"

Just take the L instead of making stuff up. If there was genuine issues with crossplay performance in SFV, you wouldn't be the only person to bring it up in over 2 years of the game being out.

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
I don't get why they keep talking about it.

People aren't going to stop getting Playstations due to crossplay, they're too far in the ecosystem.

Hell, being forced to pay for online AND no BC didn't stop people, crossplay is going to be the catalyst? Lol.

If I was Sony I'd just WWEwealreadygotyourmoney.gif every critic. No one is stopping this train.

You are absolutely correct about this Gen. However, any big crossplay announcements at e3 2020 could cause a huge PR issue for Sony.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. They should just be honest with a drip of the usual PR spin. Eg...

"We have earned the biggest consumer install base and the best fans through our games, hardware and services, which we believe are among the finest available on any platform, and we do not want to give away our hard earned competitive edge to other platforms by allowing crossplay on their consoles, that are competing directly with us. We are however happy to continue to keep offering crossplay on PC and mobile platforms, as well as to consistently keep offering what we believe are the largest, most diverse and unique catalogue of quality games and exclusives".

/PR

Or something to that effect.

Yes, it'd be selfish, but it'd also be be far more honest and understandable, and not sound like complete horseshit.
Gamers wont buy them being honest. I mean who here doesnt already know that that is the reason why Sony wont enable crossplay. People arent stupid. They just dont care about Sony's 'hard earned competitive edge'.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironic considering PSN was the only online gaming network that was ever compromised.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
In Street Fighter V at least it is on every time you turn on the game. Turn it off in one session, that only lasts as long as the session lasts. Next time you come back, cross-play is enabled by default again and you have to turn it off again. Every single time.

Sounds like a Capcom design issue, not a crossplay issue.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible PR. More games are starting to support cross-play with other consoles and making them better to play elsewhere. Hover will be cross-play with Switch and Xbox One so me and my brother will actually get to play together.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
You are absolutely correct about this Gen. However, any big crossplay announcements at e3 2020 could cause a huge PR issue for Sony.
I would imagine anything that would involve PC crossplay Sony are going to agree to. I wouldn't even be sure about next gen Xbox/Switch crossplay for new games because who knows if the Switch will get those games to begin with.

It's not really going to be much of a PR issue.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Ohhhhhhh you.

Finally I took a breath while I was in the subway going to bus station to travel to my home but that didn't mean I wan't reading the thread.

You find these stats but they didn't discredit what I said and you will need to take my word for that or we can make a little deal to be fair with your hard work.

I don't want to say anything without show proof about what happened... I don't know what you can see ingame but I remember you have some history and saved matches.

The deal I want is pretty simple (and it is a bet if I can find anything on my PS4 so the risk is all on my side) if I can show evidence from my PS4 that the matches happened like it really happened then you will need only apologizes to here.

But if I can't find any evidence then I will apologize to everybody, says I was the wrong one and not talk about SFV cross-play or cross-play in general in ERA even it being all true what I said.

I just need a deadline... not because I'm afraid but because some here knows I'm away from play for close a year (played so little GTS and basically nothing of Destiny 2... two together didn't reach 80 hours)... I'm working in a new Job that takes places in a city 500km from my home without airplane option to travel... so I go home every weekend but I did not have my PS4 in week days.

Said that the deadline will be Tuesday night because I will get my PS4 this weekend, box it to travel, take the bus Sunday night to get at my temporary room on Monday night after the work.., so that will be when I will book my PS4 to check it.

Tuesday is just to be safe if any issue happens on Monday... but if I can get Monday find I will post on Monday.

What do you say? Is it fair to you?

PS. I need your expertise help... the matches people quit when I was winning is not recorded on the site? There are any place I can see them?
giphy.gif

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
So basically "We're ahead of our competition, so we're not letting crossplay be a common feature on our platform if it means our competition gets support from us."

What a terrible PR statement. Could've just stayed silent.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhhh you.

PS. I need your expertise help... the matches people quit when I was winning is not recorded on the site? There are any place I can see them?
What is the evidence though?

Lag doesn't show up in match replays. What else is there? What specifically happened in these matches that made you say it was cheating?

And you don't have to do a thing.

Anybody with Street Fighter V can find your CFN, go to your profile, and watch all 8 of your matches to their heart's content.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony is absolutely right on this. Gamers on other platforms should buy a PS4 as it offers the best experience when gaming.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Well... I guess Arrogant Sony is finally back now. This is a terrible response.

First of all.

You've played a grand total of 8 SFV games online since Feb. 16th 2016.

You've lost 6 and won 2. You have 0 points.

Is it that PC players cheat, or you're just not very good?

In fact your 2 wins came against PC players. It seems you've played 6 games against PC players and only 2 against PS4 players. Is that enough for you to decide that those PC players are cheating and it's not a lag issue?

Second, other users informed you that what you described as cheating, was actually lag. You said that you haven't noticed it after you turned off crossplay, yet your last opponent was a PC player.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/ethomaz

ethomaz.png

5encbTu.gif

It's stuff like this that proves we're in the weirdest timeline.

Really? This has happened in the past. It just looks like the Wii60 thing all over again.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine anything that would involve PC crossplay Sony are going to agree to. I wouldn't even be sure about next gen Xbox/Switch crossplay for new games because who knows if the Switch will get those games to begin with.

This post is an actual realistic outlook on the impact cross play will have in a new generation.

If Sony is always going to Crossplay with PC, the next Xbox will be starting from 0 like the next PlayStation, and the Switch won't be getting most big third party games, how can this actually significantly hurt them?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lag doesn't show up in match replays. What else is there? What specifically happened in these matches that made you say it was cheating?

Anybody with Street Fighter V can find your CFN, go to your profile, and watch all 8 of your matches to their heart's content.

tenor.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Obviously anything can happen but crossplay has to become a hot button issue before an announcement like that would have significant effect. If some the biggest games in the world (Minecraft, rocket league, Fortnite) couldn't move the needle I have my doubts that we will ever see that happen. I think for most consumers it will become an issue if it starts to affect their ability to find online games, if all of a sudden PS players can't find full Fortnite matches or something, but that probably won't happen so long as Sony is the market leader.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

The PR issues will come if they lock accounts down like the Epic one currently is. I have all three consoles and due to unfortunately playing fortnite on ps4 first, I can't play it at all on the switch or xb1 without creating a new account.

That type of thing, outside of being total bullshit that still needs a real solution today, really can't be happening any more. I can easily see more and more third party devs tying crossprogression to their own personal accounts, and PSN getting a reputation for locking it to that platform would be a really bad look.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ohhhhhhh you.

What do you say?

PS. I need an expertise help... the matches people quit when I was winning is not recorded on the site? There are any place I can see them?
Friend, any match that happens gets recorded in the CFN, because matchmaking goes through Capcom servers. There's no "phantom matches" out there that aren't recorded. Either way if all of your matches since where against PS4 players wouldn't that disprove your idea that PC matches where worse than PS4 if not a single match was completed?

You got caught lying, man. Own up.

In today's edition of "fuck you, got mine"

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a Capcom design issue, not a crossplay issue.

Maybe. I do agree tho, cross-play should be always off by default. There should also be some kind of a warning screen when users toggle it on.

I'm sure that's what cocky MS thought about their crap when this gen started.

The DRM thing was so, so, so much worse. The DRM and the cross-play, these things are not even on the same planets.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony: "it's about protecting the children"

Gamers: "worst excuse ever"

Sony: "hold my beer"

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure
that's what cocky MS thought about their crap when this gen started.

I don't think the DRM stuff was the same. It was a lot easier to message to the general consumer that not being able to buy/sell/borrow used games was bad. It was a loss of a longstanding feature that many mainstream gamers utilized. Crossplay doesn't have that same kind of expectation, and as long as the market leader is blocking it, I wonder how many people really even know/care that it exists or is a possibility?

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

This is getting more and more compelling as time goes on, it's amazing

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhhh you.

Man, I know how you feel. I used to feel the same way for Sega when I was 14. But trust me. When you learn to let go, it's so relieving and you feel much better.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly, I don't think so. I think no BC and paid online are bigger problems and people don't care, so no full crossplay won't matter to them again.

I think the only way Sony ever loses the lead again is if they go $599.99. Which is something I NEVER see them doing ever again. They learned that lesson.

They know they can just recoup that with online fees.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

giphy.gif

Wii and 360 never did official ads together.

Oh, that's official? Damn, wasn't expecting that.

Dec 23, 2017
I'm not an online gamer. But it is really cool for gamers to be able to play together no matter the system they have. My son was playing rocket league on switch with his friend that has an Xbox the other day. I see this as nothing more than Sony knowing they have the market share and using that to their advantage. They know if a game releases they are going to get the support and they are like screw everything else. Guarantee If they were in second place this gen they wouldn't have this tune.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
First of all.

You've played a grand total of 8 SFV games online since Feb. 16th 2016.

You've lost 6 and won 2. You have 0 points.

Is it that PC players cheat, or you're just not very good?

In fact your 2 wins came against PC players. It seems you've played 6 games against PC players and only 2 against PS4 players. Is that enough for you to decide that those PC players are cheating and it's not a lag issue?

Second, other users informed you that what you described as cheating, was actually lag. You said that you haven't noticed it after you turned off crossplay, yet your last opponent was a PC player.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/ethomaz

ethomaz.png
k9t5xx5j

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the DRM stuff was the same. It was a lot easier to message to the general consumer that not being able to buy/sell/borrow used games was bad. It was a loss of a longstanding feature that many mainstream gamers utilized. Crossplay doesn't have that same kind of expectation, and as long as the market leader is blocking it, I wonder how many people really even know/care that it exists or is a possibility?

I don't know man I always thought average Joe didn't care about DRM either.

As more ppl play online now and switch gets a lot more popular I think crossplay will become a bigger issue. I would be pissed if I couldn't play with my friends because I had a ps4.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhhh you.

tVZnYsZ.jpg

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion that Microsoft is going to eat Sony's breakfast, lunch and dinner next generation. Sony just seems so out of touch with the wants of consumers in a few key areas.
It's going to be a repeat of next gen for sure at first. I had my PS4 since launch but I'm not going to get the ps5 at launch. Now Microsoft has the opportunity to get my money first. I enjoy the Xbox one but I'm holding out on the S and X because I can wait until next gen. Fuck arrogant Sony, they don't remember the PS3 much and all the beginning PS4 moves were right.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh. You'd think that by now Sony would have learned their lesson about being arrogant when in the lead... But noooooooooope.

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
It's clearly a business move.

I think those that fully believe that this is a bad move by Sony, then they really should vote with their wallets now, and next gen. Change will not happen until that's done, period.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know man I always thought average Joe didn't care about DRM either.

As more ppl play online now and switch gets a lot more popular I think crossplay will become a bigger issue. I would be pissed if I couldn't play with my friends because I had a ps4.

The average joe didn't care about DRM, the average joe cared about no longer being able to sell/buy/trade old games, which they had been doing for 20+ years. There was that built in expectation, that was now being taken away for no reason that benefited the end consumer. Crossplay has no such expectation. I have to imagine most people buying a Switch or Xbox know they can play with people from other platforms online, or why that can benefit them. Ironically because Sony has the biggest captive audience, they are probably the ones that could turn that into a selling point, which might be a big reason they are stubbornly refusing to do so. As of now they have rejected crossplay in two of the biggest games on the planet and it hasn't realistically caused a dent. It's hard to imagine that changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.