• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
Have at it, 20 different accounts can redeem this code. Other people who got codes might be able to put theirs up also for others to redeem.

(US code):
9XDM-DENK-X83L
Thanks. Redeemed the code and everything works. :)

For some reason I didn't get a code or message on my PS4, but I could have sworn that the last beta said I would be part of every other beta going forward.

HolyFridge

Aug 11, 2018
Ill take a EU code if anyone have a spare one! :)

Edit: seems like codes can be used multiple times.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
2FA is great but I'm still hesitant on the party changes, specifically the fact that it's based off of groups now.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do I get the authenticator app added onto my account through the Sony entertainment network website? Sold my PS4. I have 2 factor set up through the text code right now.

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
Holy fuck this new party system is garbage. You have to create a group with someone to invite them into the party. If someone isn't in the group you can't invite them.

Why did they change it to this? This is terrible.

Also if you're on the beta you can't join parties with people who aren't on the beta. Probably why they gave everyone so many codes.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So I downloaded the update but is there still no way to change to an Authenticator app yet? I can't find the option

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone invite me? US region please

Edit: got in! Thank you

Last edited:

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I don't like the idea that players you've blocked can now join your parties. I haven't personally blocked anyone, but that seems dangerous in some scenarios. If someone is blocked they shouldn't be able to be in the same virtual space as you

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The changes to parties are completely bizarre. I'm honestly baffled. You have to make a message group with people just to be in a party with them? No more private parties? Blocked users can still join your party? None of those make any sense...at all.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain to me why authenticator apps are better than SMS ?
To make it explicit, the primary reason that this is good news is because SMS 2FA can be defeated via SIM Hijacking. App-Based 2FA can't.
Plus, text messages can be slow.

Hopefully you can still use sms 2fa don't want another app on my phone
If you still don't use the 2FA app, then you are doing it wrong. Authy only takes up 34 megabytes on my phone, no ads or annoying notifications.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Authenticator? About damm time Sony

But of course they had to fuck up other thing... Party changes sounds beyond awful.

One step forward, two back.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Plus, text messages can be slow.

If you still don't use the 2FA app, then you are doing it wrong. Authy only takes up 34 megabytes on my phone, no ads or annoying notifications.
I like to have very minimal apps on my phone. I remove nearly all factory stuff and have it so there's only one page in the app panel.

I hate clutter

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I don't like the idea that players you've blocked can now join your parties. I haven't personally blocked anyone, but that seems dangerous in some scenarios. If someone is blocked they shouldn't be able to be in the same virtual space as you
Messages and speech are still blocked by them and the only way they can return to a group is if they were in it to begin with.

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone in the EU still wants to try this firmware out, there are 19 uses left of my code

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Another code, EU but I don't think region matters in this case.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Reminder: codes have 20 uses.

Last edited: